Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Ambulance service

NSW Ambulance service

Old May 21st 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

nessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud of
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

hi guys and gals,
does anyone know of any techs that have applied for nsw,had a look on the nsw website says they can apply tho need 3years experience not including prob year which will hold me up anyway for a few months yet,and what is the 600 questions thing guess it would be different ??? for para to tech level anyone with any knowledge or info would be much appreciated
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

The 600 questions is a Psychometric test used I think to profile your personality. Once its completed I it gets sent to Brisbane to be assessed and feedback is sent to ASNSW ,in my case this formed some of the structure for the interview. It's one of those tests where the same question is asked in different ways at various stages to make sure you answer truthfully.
I believe all recruits into ASNSW complete all parts of the testing process prior to being accepted i.e. fresh off the street or UK Qualified looking to transfer. Hope that helps.
Old May 30th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

OK, I have a question for those who have been through the process of NSWAS application.

Under "Ambulance/ EMS/ Paramedic Education", how did you work out and document your classroom hours, clinical hours, field/ practicum hours?

I know other countries quote this as part of their courses but this isn't a routine measurement in the UK.

Many thanks!
Old May 31st 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Personally I think I took the number of hours (37.5) spent in class during the week multiplied it by the number of weeks I was on both my Tech course and my Paramedic course. For the clinical I did the same but over the four weeks I spent in hospital placements, not sure about the on the road bit. I think I explained that once the clinical placement was completed that was us signed off. Might have included my year on the road as a Trainee Tech. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:29 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Hi, For all those of you who have gone through the application process, how long did it take for them to get back to you after your application was presented to the RPL board.
I was told mine was being presented in early May and have still not heard back.
Is this normal?
Old Jun 20th 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

On october of last year they'd asked me for my evidence of my HPC cert for RPL, had assessments etc around Nov time, my actual RPL Cert (for visa purposes) was dated March of this year. I don't think there's any hard and fast rules. Best bet would be to contact them by phone. Good luck.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:19 am
Just Joined

ellie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swigski
Hi, For all those of you who have gone through the application process, how long did it take for them to get back to you after your application was presented to the RPL board.
I was told mine was being presented in early May and have still not heard back.
Is this normal?
Hi there I was interviewed in Nov 2007 and they told me my rPL level there and then. They have been quite slow at getting back to me on other things, so I phone them and this generally prompts them. Have you had your interview yet?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:23 am
Just Joined

ellie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi
After the interview I had to wait while they supposedly organised my driving assessment. Anyway half an hour later they came out, I was signed of a pass for the driving and offered the position of Intensive Care Paramedic, start the induction course in October 2008.

I was there for ten days, arrived on a sunday, monday was a bank holiday, tuesday was psycometric testing, wednesday fitness, that 42cm step is a killer, and Friday was the interview/driving. Very friendly and helpful people. Now just waiting for my written job offer to arrive.

John
Hi John,

Just read your starting your induction course in Oct 2008, which is the induction course I have been posted for, will you be doing that at Rozelle?

My visa process has only just started so hopefully should still be in time for the 27th Oct start. May see you there.

ellie
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:37 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ellie10
Hi there I was interviewed in Nov 2007 and they told me my rPL level there and then. They have been quite slow at getting back to me on other things, so I phone them and this generally prompts them. Have you had your interview yet?

No, have not had interview yet. I will have to give them a ring this week I think.

Best of luck for Oct!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ellie10
Hi John,

My visa process has only just started so hopefully should still be in time for the 27th Oct start. May see you there.

ellie
When you say started do you mean your completed application has been Submitted?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

chris rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just an update for any that know me and hope for those of you that are going the "process" - we are flying out on august 4th, ready for a september 1st start - its getting real now and a bit scary!! Its been a long slog and at times i could have cheerfully said "forget the whole thing!" However, we are nearly there now and can't wait to get on with it!
Hope to see you in Sydney soon!

chris
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

Originally Posted by chris rose
Hi all,

Just an update for any that know me and hope for those of you that are going the "process" - we are flying out on august 4th, ready for a september 1st start - its getting real now and a bit scary!! Its been a long slog and at times i could have cheerfully said "forget the whole thing!" However, we are nearly there now and can't wait to get on with it!
Hope to see you in Sydney soon!

chris
Good luck Chris, bet you're really looking forward to it! I submitted my application a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. I included scans of my certificates but not sure if that was required at this early stage.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

So anyone any news on the Visa or job front? Dosen't seem to be many heading for NSW mostly QLD by the looks of things on here.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boweaver
So anyone any news on the Visa or job front? Dosen't seem to be many heading for NSW mostly QLD by the looks of things on here.
I haven't heard anything yet and I submitted my application at the beginning of June. I sent them an email last week asking if they reveived my application but have still no had a reply. I'm off next week so will chase things up by phone.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Well personally:

Submitted and expression of interest in Feb '07.
Reply from ASNSW in Apr '07.
Went to Sydney in Nov '07 for 3 day assessments (told I'd been successful at the end of interview but that offical news would follow pending checks etc).
There was a lot of sending and requests and sending of form at this point.
Recieved email informing me that letter or offer had been mailed to me Mar'08.
Submitted my 120visa in Jul '08 form 47ES.
Waiting on reply from Dept of Immi.

hope that helps someone have an idea of timescales.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.