Reload this Page >

NSW Ambulance service

NSW Ambulance service

Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:34 am
Just Joined

moth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

Quick question for the guys who have already been over for interview etc:

Did you go on a visitor or business ETA?

Xx

Ps is the step really that high? been round with a tape measure to find something the right hight for practice and thats nearly as high as stepping on and off my dinning room chair!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

chris rose is an unknown quantity at this point

I went over on a visitor visa - done it on online via ETA.
The step really is not that big! Can't remember exact measurements, but it certainly was not any bigger or any harder to do than any other step test assessment i have done before. Thats coming from someone who is not exactly Mr Fitness!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:42 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moth

Xx

Ps is the step really that high? been round with a tape measure to find something the right hight for practice and thats nearly as high as stepping on and off my dinning room chair!
I have found that it is roughly the same height as two steps of my stairs but probably a bit more difficult to do as you have to step forwards and backwards as well as up and down!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Can I ask if anyone knows how my daughter would go about getting on a paramedics course in Perth? she is 18 in Oct and doing health & social at school, and wants to become a paramedic, she has done for ages, and would be going to do the foundation degree in spring nxt yr, but we want to return to live in OZ but she needs to know would she get in ok?

thanks
Bluekipper
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:46 am
Just Joined

travelling man is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moth

Xx

Hi Moth,
Glad you've got your dates sorted out and good luck with the interview. As Chris has said the step test is nothing to worry about.
Cheers
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

otschi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
does anyone know how long it will take after the interview until they give you a job offer? Been there a week ago, didn't hear anything since.
No unofficial informations at all
Cheers
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

hi Ostchi,

Unfortuantely, you could be in for a long wait mate! They are not very quick in these matters and offer no answer wht it takes so long for job offers to come out. As a guide, I had my interview in Sydney on September 27th and finally had my job offer in writing in late January! ( 4 months!) This was despite many e-mails chasing them and badgering them.

I take it they verbally offered you a job after the interview?

best of luck with the process.

Chris
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Can I ask if anyone knows how my daughter would go about getting on a paramedics course in Perth? she is 18 in Oct and doing health & social at school, and wants to become a paramedic, she has done for ages, and would be going to do the foundation degree in spring nxt yr, but we want to return to live in OZ but she needs to know would she get in ok?

thanks
Bluekipper
I don't know much about the ambulance service in Perth but i did apply to them a couple of years ago (unsuccessfully!). It's St. John rather than govt. or health service run. Perth metro has it's own service. Best to look on their website. A search on google under 'western australian ambulance service' will bring it up. Successful offers of employment are largely dependant on being sponsored and due to your daughter's lack of any experience or qualification this would appear unlikely.
The other alternative would be for her to study at the local university in Perth, taking a Paramedic science degree. Whether you'd have to fund the course would depend upon your daughter's residency status. You'd have to look into the fine detail on that one.
Workwise, the downside appears that exposure to life on the road is limited but you've got to start somewhere!!
Hope this helps
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

otschi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris rose
hi Ostchi,

Unfortuantely, you could be in for a long wait mate! They are not very quick in these matters and offer no answer wht it takes so long for job offers to come out. As a guide, I had my interview in Sydney on September 27th and finally had my job offer in writing in late January! ( 4 months!) This was despite many e-mails chasing them and badgering them.

I take it they verbally offered you a job after the interview?

best of luck with the process.

Chris
Hi Chris,
there was no verbal job offer at the end of the interview. If been told they'll keep in touch with me...?
Do they give you a job offer after the interview usually?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

hi,
I was told as i walked out of the interview " no worries there mate - your in!" or words to that effect!!! I was told that a written offer would follow - i assumed in a few days/ week, but it took a bit longer!

chris
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by travelling man
I don't know much about the ambulance service in Perth but i did apply to them a couple of years ago (unsuccessfully!). It's St. John rather than govt. or health service run. Perth metro has it's own service. Best to look on their website. A search on google under 'western australian ambulance service' will bring it up. Successful offers of employment are largely dependant on being sponsored and due to your daughter's lack of any experience or qualification this would appear unlikely.
The other alternative would be for her to study at the local university in Perth, taking a Paramedic science degree. Whether you'd have to fund the course would depend upon your daughter's residency status. You'd have to look into the fine detail on that one.
Workwise, the downside appears that exposure to life on the road is limited but you've got to start somewhere!!
Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, il try what you suggested and do a search, we have permenent residency, so this may help

bluekipper
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Thanks for the reply, il try what you suggested and do a search, we have permenent residency, so this may help

bluekipper
Ok, well with permanent residency she should be able to apply directly to the service in Perth and if successful pursue whatever training schedule they follow. Hopefully it's not all university based as the job is about experience far more than any book knowledge. Maybe QAS need to get their heads around that one!
I hope she's successful in her application.

Cheers.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by travelling man
Ok, well with permanent residency she should be able to apply directly to the service in Perth and if successful pursue whatever training schedule they follow. Hopefully it's not all university based as the job is about experience far more than any book knowledge. Maybe QAS need to get their heads around that one!
I hope she's successful in her application.

Cheers.
Really appreciate that, not been able to contact them so far to ask questions, I also agree with what you said regarding experience, if she starts her training here, its half Uni and half on the job..

bluekipper
Old May 11th 2008, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

vickyhammick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm in the process of appling to WA Ambulance Service, they have accepted my application form and said the next stage is a telephone interview. Has anyone done this yet and any insight into what sort of questions etc they ask?
Vicky
Old May 13th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

ellie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jon,

Just wondered if you had received your official offer letter yet and how long it took for you to receive it. Have you started the sponsorship process yet.

I flew out to Sydney for an interview in November 2007. On arriving back to the UK I had an email to confirm I had got an ICP position. Two months ago I still had no written confirmation and I phoned Rozelle they said I had the postion and would be based in Redfern ( I have heard this is quite a dodgy area).

Those 600 questions are a nightmare, I was seeing double by the end of it.

I'm just waiting for my house to sell and getting something official from Sydney Ambulance, hoping to go out in August .

ellie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.