Reload this Page >

NSW Ambulance service

NSW Ambulance service

Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

Originally Posted by theotherphil
OK, I have received a phone call this morning explaining the situation.

The Ambulance Service Labour Agreement ended Sept last year and there is no plans to renew that. The NSW Health are in the final stages of completing a new labour agreement with Dept. of Immigration. This was due to be completed in July 2009 but there was some delays. It is expected to be completed "soon" but no firm date has been set as yet.

With regards to the ENS, ASNSW are aware of this scheme and have said it is an option available, however the NSW Health have asked for them not to follow this route because of the impending Labour Agreement covering all of health.

If the Labour Agreement doesn't go through, ASNSW always have the ENS to fall back upon. It is not envisaged that the Labour Agreement will not go through.

So sit tight and hurry up and wait.

Cheers Phil, sounds encouraging at least. Had an e-mail earlier today, stating that no agreement reached yet, and ASNSW are anxious to have an agreement in place soon.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:26 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Good Stuff! All sounds a lot more encouraging.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:20 pm
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

From the NSW Ambulance intranet page.

**Applications for International Qualified Paramedic positions are now temporarily closed**

Recruitment for International Qualified Paramedic positions is anticipated to commence again later in 2010. It would be appreciated if you could please obtain updated application information at this time.

If you would like to be notified when the next intake is to occur and receive an application kit (when recruitment recommences) please email your contact details to: [email protected]

Please contact the Operational Recruitment Section on (+612) 9320 7323 for any further information.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by swigski
From the NSW Ambulance intranet page.

**Applications for International Qualified Paramedic positions are now temporarily closed**

Recruitment for International Qualified Paramedic positions is anticipated to commence again later in 2010. It would be appreciated if you could please obtain updated application information at this time.

If you would like to be notified when the next intake is to occur and receive an application kit (when recruitment recommences) please email your contact details to: [email protected]

Please contact the Operational Recruitment Section on (+612) 9320 7323 for any further information.
Cheers for the update Swigski. Looks like it's on hold until the Labour agreement is renewed.

Will let you all know when I hear any news from ASNSW
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

AustinMedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there everyone. I've read almost all of the posts to this thread (hooray for free time at work) and I must say that I'm very excited to have found it. It seems like there are a lot of qualified/knowledgeable people on here who have been successful in there quest to get hired with ASNSW.... so it seemed like the perfect place to ask a few questions.

I am a paramedic in the United States (Austin, Texas) and previous to this I was a paramedic in Las Vegas (fun times ). I was curious if anyone knows, or has heard of US paramedics transferring to ASNSW. I've read on some forums that it's completely impossible and we are the worst paramedics ever, lol, and on others that we can do it with only minor hassle. My education is less formal than that of the Aussie programs, but the hours and curriculum are pretty comparable to that of the ICP. My official, but never used, title here is Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic, so I'm hoping that will transfer when I go to the RPL board.

Like many of you I have been dealing with the nightmarish paperwork that comes with this undertaking. I've lived and worked in three different states, under three different licenses. So it's taken me quite a while to get all of the required paperwork together. Just yesterday I received the last thing I was waiting on in the mail! I went to check to make sure I had the mailing information correct and saw that they were not accepting anymore applications at this time!!! After taking a quick moment to slam my head against the wall in frustration (joke), I sent them an email asking when they will resume accepting international applicants. No word back yet.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read this. I guess this was more of an introduction and hello than a question asking session... but any answers or advice that you may have are greatly appreciated.

-Chris
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AustinMedic
Hello there everyone. I've read almost all of the posts to this thread (hooray for free time at work) and I must say that I'm very excited to have found it. It seems like there are a lot of qualified/knowledgeable people on here who have been successful in there quest to get hired with ASNSW.... so it seemed like the perfect place to ask a few questions.

I am a paramedic in the United States (Austin, Texas) and previous to this I was a paramedic in Las Vegas (fun times ). I was curious if anyone knows, or has heard of US paramedics transferring to ASNSW. I've read on some forums that it's completely impossible and we are the worst paramedics ever, lol, and on others that we can do it with only minor hassle. My education is less formal than that of the Aussie programs, but the hours and curriculum are pretty comparable to that of the ICP. My official, but never used, title here is Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic, so I'm hoping that will transfer when I go to the RPL board.

Like many of you I have been dealing with the nightmarish paperwork that comes with this undertaking. I've lived and worked in three different states, under three different licenses. So it's taken me quite a while to get all of the required paperwork together. Just yesterday I received the last thing I was waiting on in the mail! I went to check to make sure I had the mailing information correct and saw that they were not accepting anymore applications at this time!!! After taking a quick moment to slam my head against the wall in frustration (joke), I sent them an email asking when they will resume accepting international applicants. No word back yet.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read this. I guess this was more of an introduction and hello than a question asking session... but any answers or advice that you may have are greatly appreciated.

-Chris
Hi Chris,
Things have just gotten a bit delayed as regards the application side of things just recently. As you may have picked up on, a new labour agreement is being drawn up to enable ASNSW to sponsor in international applicants. Hopefully this will be completed sooner rather than later. I know ASNSW are anxious to have it in place.
Once things start moving again, it will be a matter of having your skills/scope of practice assessed and RPL'd to find out which level of Paramedic they will employ you as after interview etc.
It all takes time, I applied Nov 2008 and still its an ongoing process.
I'm not too sure as to how many US Para's there are in NSW.

Hope this helps.

Phil.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Phil,

Thanks for the reply, I was shocked at how fast it came! I can already tell that this board is going to be far more helpful that I would have ever imagined. Well, it sounds like the new contract might be worth waiting for if it leads to international applicant sponsorship. I quickly learned early on that this was not going to be a fast process, and I have a good job now... so I'm not in any hurry.

Again thanks for the reply, I'll check back frequently for updates and what not. How far along in the process are you now? Have you made the big move yet?

- chris

Last edited by AustinMedic; Feb 3rd 2010 at 2:44 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AustinMedic
Phil,

Thanks for the reply, I was shocked at how fast it came! I can already tell that this board is going to be far more helpful that I would have ever imagined. Well, it sounds like the new contract might be worth waiting for if it leads to international applicant sponsorship. I quickly learned early on that this was not going to be a fast process, and I have a good job now... so I'm not in any hurry.

Again thanks for the reply, I'll check back frequently for updates and what not. How far along in the process are you now? Have you made the big move yet?

- chris
Hi, not made the move yet. Been through testing, med & interview etc. Just waiting for formal letter of employment then can commence with visa

Sounds like you've read this thread from the start to the end, but any Q's, just ask
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Well it sounds like we're all just in a holding pattern until this labor agreement is worked out, no matter what sage of the process we happen to be in. Good luck with the offer letter and the visa. Let us all know how that goes for you brother.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

its_a_big_jump is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, i've just accidentally found this site! Just thought i'd add my name to the list of people who are awaiting the LA! I went to Sydney last Sept/Oct for testing and interview and i'm awaiting formal offer from ANSW, pending LA. Everything i understand about it has already been posted, but if i hear anything new i will let you know! Failing the LA, Bondi life guard could be an option, but until then i'm stuck in (not so) sunny blighty! Take it easy!

Last edited by its_a_big_jump; Mar 11th 2010 at 12:08 am.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:13 am
Just Joined

its_a_big_jump is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by its_a_big_jump
Hi everyone, i've just accidentally found this site! Just thought i'd add my name to the list of people who are awaiting the LA! I went to Sydney last Sept/Oct for testing and interview and i'm awaiting formal offer from ANSW, pending LA. Everything i understand about it has already been posted, but if i hear anything new i will let you know! Failing the LA, Bondi life guard could be an option, but until then i'm stuck in (not so) sunny blighty! Take it easy!
P.s, having read a few previous posts on here, it would seem a few saff are leaving the merry ship of NWAS in the UK! I'm part of the mass exodus too!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

tubenab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Just received an email from ASNSW saying they will be inviting me for testing an interview in the near future.

It sounds as though things might be moving forward again so hopefully everyone who is waiting to hear from them will hear something soon.

Now to the bad news. They didn't specify that I had been assessed as ICP and the email mentions 8 weeks induction and 10 weeks on road as P1 so I'm afraid I've been assessed as a P1. That seems like it would be quite a drop in clinical care from where I am now and I am not sure if it would be worth it to go and interview for this.

Does anyone know the payscale for P1's and would it be enough for a single guy to live on in the Sydney area?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tubenab
Hi everyone,

Just received an email from ASNSW saying they will be inviting me for testing an interview in the near future.

It sounds as though things might be moving forward again so hopefully everyone who is waiting to hear from them will hear something soon.

Now to the bad news. They didn't specify that I had been assessed as ICP and the email mentions 8 weeks induction and 10 weeks on road as P1 so I'm afraid I've been assessed as a P1. That seems like it would be quite a drop in clinical care from where I am now and I am not sure if it would be worth it to go and interview for this.

Does anyone know the payscale for P1's and would it be enough for a single guy to live on in the Sydney area?
Have you sent all your RPL stuff in? They normally inform you of what level you've been assessed as. For ICP it is 8 wks induction,10 wks P1 and 10 wks ICP

P1 wage is enough for single guy in SYdney.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by its_a_big_jump
P.s, having read a few previous posts on here, it would seem a few saff are leaving the merry ship of NWAS in the UK! I'm part of the mass exodus too!
Hope you had a good time over there. Did they give you any impression of when LA would be in place?

Does seem NWAS may be losing a few!!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tubenab
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the info. Good luck for your trip. If you've been a Para for 3yrs + you'd probably be RPL'd as an ICP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.