NSW Ambulance service

Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

displacedsurfer21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

Originally Posted by I wan tee go oz
Glad you are both enjoying things and thanks for all the info,
it's much appreciated

Had a letter from ASNSW today, confirming what was recently posted here about delays in International applicants sponsorship.
Hopefully things sorted by new year, unable to move until next spring anyway so it ain't too bad

C'mon exchange rate, perk up a bit!

I received the same letter. Looks like all we can do is wait and hope the labour agreement is approved. An offer of employment would make a great Christmas gift!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

teepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to all

hi everyone, not been here much lately as busy on the beach! sorry to hear people are being delayed. i found that things took a long time but then suddenly rushed on. this coincided with my state police checks about to expire. (valid one year from when check applied for) hang on in there! regarding costs. im living nearer the city in little italy and paying $620pw for 3 bed detached bungalow. 20 minute bus ride in peak hour from city. for those who have been here you will know how close this really is. traffic is a nightmare. theres a big thing regarding supermarkets at the mo with food in aus the most expensive out of UK, states, europe, japan. i find shop daily for freshness as food dont last here or for a cheaper option eat out.
looking at houses to buy something in the blue mountains will be around $350k for a good place with a sq km or so of land. you could prob afford to buy there and rent a crash pad in the city if you are both working.. or pay $600 up nearer the city. domain.com.au should help. if any one is coming over for interviews or visits get in touch and i will meet for beer or coffee. good luck!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

More likely a beer eh mate.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

teepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to allteepee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boweaver
More likely a beer eh mate.
if you insist!!!

unity, balmain, 2100 today. good band playing.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Old Nov 21st 2009, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Old Nov 21st 2009, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Well I haven't posted on here in ages (partly cause the same questions get asked that are answered previously in the thread several times).

Anyhow,

I thought I'd throw a few photos up from my time here so far, been through the process and came out the other side (eventually). There are a LOT of hoops to jump through from the very beginning right through to your time on the road and it certainly presents its challenges.

There's a pretty strong RPL community in the ASNSW with many if not all who wouldn't hesitate to lend a hand or offer advice at the drop of a hat as evidenced by the generous offers to those comming over from people who've never met. It's a 'were all in this together' type feeling.

For all the challenges etc. I do not know of anyone who's intentions are to return home any time soon. There are the usual gripes regarding Managment's systematic deconstruction of a service but that is with all services, my own previous service included (reduction in motors/hours/etc. etc. etc.).

This thread proved to be an invaluable resource to me both before, during, and after comming here. The advice previously mentioned, to read from start to finish is certainly something I would recommend.

To all who are in the process or considering the move give it a 'fair go' as they say. You're only ever a flight (or two) from home.

Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boweaver

To all who are in the process or considering the move give it a 'fair go' as they say. You're only ever a flight (or two) from home.

Oh so true

John
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Great pics Boweaver, thanks to you and all for previous advice

Hope you're all still enjoying it.

Anyone heard anything re: renewal of sponsorship? Or anyone going/just been for testing etc?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:59 am
Just Joined

grubman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm due to head out a week on wed for testing etc. I'm hoping they may be able to shed some light on the labour agreement. I was due to attend in October but had to cancel and after I rearranged for Jan they asked me if I wanted to postpone it until they knew anything further about agreement.
Couldn't rearrange again so they said I could come and do all the testing and hopefully have info for me when I'm out.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

tubenab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I know this is a site for Brits but I've been following this thread closely for a while now. I'm an American paramedic hoping to make to the jump to Australia and a lot of my questions have been answered on here so thanks to everyone for being so helpful.

I applied back in August and was notified in September that I needed to send in more paperwork. I emailed ASNSW in October to see if my application had gone before the RPL panel and was told that it had and I would be notified within the next month of the results. I haven't heard anything since then and am beginning to get a little worried.

I have less than 3 years experience so I realize I would have to go on a temp visa but hopefully that isn't what is holding everything up. It seems like it has been forever since my initial application.

I've also been keeping an eye on St John's in WA but NSW is my first choice. Anyway, good luck grubman and let us know how it goes.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

displacedsurfer21 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to ASNSW, the Labour Agreement is still on hold. Doesn't seem like anyone knows if it will even be approved. I'm starting to get a little bit worried.. I would hate to start everything all over again with another ambulance as I am already finished with the recruitment process and just waiting for the labour agreement. Its been over a year since my initial application. Is anyone giving any thought to another service in Australia? Maybe trying to transfer into ASNSW after a few years of service somewhere else in Australia?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by displacedsurfer21
According to ASNSW, the Labour Agreement is still on hold. Doesn't seem like anyone knows if it will even be approved. I'm starting to get a little bit worried.. I would hate to start everything all over again with another ambulance as I am already finished with the recruitment process and just waiting for the labour agreement. Its been over a year since my initial application. Is anyone giving any thought to another service in Australia? Maybe trying to transfer into ASNSW after a few years of service somewhere else in Australia?
Oh
Like you, i'm just awaiting labour agreement. It's frustrating to say the least!
Has anyone at ASNSW actually said that labour agreement is unlikely to be renewed or do they just not know much about the proceedings?
Hope it's good news soon eh!!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by grubman
I'm due to head out a week on wed for testing etc. I'm hoping they may be able to shed some light on the labour agreement. I was due to attend in October but had to cancel and after I rearranged for Jan they asked me if I wanted to postpone it until they knew anything further about agreement.
Couldn't rearrange again so they said I could come and do all the testing and hopefully have info for me when I'm out.
Good luck and all the best for your trip. Let us all know if you hear anything about labour agreement. I had a letter last month stating that they hoped it would be renewed early 2010.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:40 am
Just Joined

grubman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I wan tee go oz
Good luck and all the best for your trip. Let us all know if you hear anything about labour agreement. I had a letter last month stating that they hoped it would be renewed early 2010.
Thanks for that. I heard the same that they were hoping to know at the beginning of this year whether it was being renewed or not. Hopefully they will have news when I'm there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.