Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Ambulance service

NSW Ambulance service

Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice
Default Re: NSW Ambulance service

Originally Posted by barrie b
hi
just wondered how it was going?
earlier this month i came over and did the tests and interview and was told i was succuessfull, now starting to plan my move and wondered if you could give me some tips on accommodation etc..
myself and my partner intend on living around worrigee 150k south of sydney so at the moment my major problem is somewhere to stay in sydney while i do the induction and mentoring period
cheers
baz
Hey peeps, just a quick one....I'm flying out Friday 7th for my week of fun. Did anybody take their CPD portfolio's with them? ASNSW have only asked for all my original certs, not sure if they want to see my portfolio as well.

Cheers!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

barrie b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theotherphil
Hey peeps, just a quick one....I'm flying out Friday 7th for my week of fun. Did anybody take their CPD portfolio's with them? ASNSW have only asked for all my original certs, not sure if they want to see my portfolio as well.

Cheers!
hi
i came back to the uk on friday
i did take my portfolio but they didnt want to see it just the oringinals i also took the crb check which they did want to see
they were really friendly,feel free to ask if you have any more questions

barrie
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Ambo Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Barrie. Accommodation is available at the Rozelle training centre. I'm not sure how long you could use it for but a lot of Ambo's from the country stay on site. Otherwise mates who are ex-ASNSW used to stay in hospital flats or shared ambo houses. It might be worth contacting ASNSW as plenty of their own people have the same problem. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

Well, I'm in Sydney at the mo and the weather is glorious! Just finished my 600+ questions designed to see if I'm an axe murderer....I could have saved them the bother if they just asked! Pretty standard stuff and any UK para worth their salt should pass with no trouble.

Got step test and medicals tomorrow and interview on Thurs. Good luck to all those that are going through the same process
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:06 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Well, I'm in Sydney at the mo and the weather is glorious! Just finished my 600+ questions designed to see if I'm an axe murderer....I could have saved them the bother if they just asked! Pretty standard stuff and any UK para worth their salt should pass with no trouble.

Got step test and medicals tomorrow and interview on Thurs. Good luck to all those that are going through the same process

Good luck with the rest of the stuff! Let us know how you get on
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by swigski
Woot! I passed subject to my reference checks
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:16 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Hi,

Just wondering how everyone's applications are progressing?

I am waiting for my formal job offer in writing. Got the verbal job offer at beginning of Oct but had to get a Dr's letter from the UK regarding a previous knee injury which has now been given the all clear. They have had references from my employer, so hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.

Just read that they are on a 'work to rule' strike again this week as the pay dispute has not been sorted by the Government yet.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

Comming to the end of week five (or is it week six) of the eight weeks in rozelle (ASNSW education) at the moment. Comming along well got my LR licence earlier today (if you have the opportunity go for the MR) flying to Brisbane on Saturday (second time in 4 weeks) going to pick up a car I bought of a pal up there and spending a couple of days coming back along the coast then next week hit the road for a bit of '3rd person' stuff in a Station called Rockdale.
All in all pretty good but over the previous few weeks have got the impression that the education school isn't 100% sure what it is the should do with us RPLers. Oh and just back from the pub, so basically its all good.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Well, ASNSW contacted my referee's last week so I'm just waiting now! Anybody know how long it takes for them to get back in touch once the references are submitted? The suspense is killing me lol!

Glad things are progressing quite nicely for you Boweaver! I guess spending cash at Paulo's coffee shop everyday is all part of the experience . He's such a nice chap - I spent loads of time chatting whilst waiting to go for tests/ interview
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:56 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=theotherphil;7015924]Well, ASNSW contacted my referee's last week so I'm just waiting now! Anybody know how long it takes for them to get back in touch once the references are submitted? The suspense is killing me lol!

They contacted my referee's mid October and I'm still waiting to hear. Just received offer on the house today so am hoping that I will have a job to go to!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

chillifarm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

newby to this forum. just been notified that ASNSW have received my application (including copies of HPC certs, NHSTD certs, police check etc etc!) and will be in touch "ASAP".

Thought I'd ask for any info on questions asked at interview/format of psychometric tests etc.

Also, does anyone know whether the initial postings to SAC, Paramatta, Bankstown for training period are permanent? And if not, post-28 weeks do you get the opportunity to get based somewhere of your choice eg northern coasts,hunter valley etc?

Good luck to all going through the process.

Cheers
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chillifarm
Hi there.

newby to this forum. just been notified that ASNSW have received my application (including copies of HPC certs, NHSTD certs, police check etc etc!) and will be in touch "ASAP".

Thought I'd ask for any info on questions asked at interview/format of psychometric tests etc.

Also, does anyone know whether the initial postings to SAC, Paramatta, Bankstown for training period are permanent? And if not, post-28 weeks do you get the opportunity to get based somewhere of your choice eg northern coasts,hunter valley etc?

Good luck to all going through the process.

Cheers
No clinical stuff asked at interview. Mainly personal questions to do with experiences and how you would deal with situations etc.

Day 1 is the Psychometric stuff. Get a few papers which are all timed. There's an English and Maths and IQ test. Then the 600 Psychometric questions which gives them some ammunition for interview questions.

Day 2 is Medical and fitness. Full medical including urinalysis, eye and hearing test and examination by Dr. Then the step test.

Day 3 is the interview. Mine lasted 50 mins and was with 2 people. Fairly laid back and was given verbal job offer after.

I was asked to give a preference on 1 of the 3 stations you mentioned for inital posting. I was told that all vacancies are advertised and anyone can apply for transfer or swop.

I'm just waiting for my written job offer so I can apply for the visas. Let us know how you get on. Good luck!!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

chillifarm is an unknown quantity at this point

No clinical stuff asked at interview. Mainly personal questions to do with experiences and how you would deal with situations etc.

Day 1 is the Psychometric stuff. Get a few papers which are all timed. There's an English and Maths and IQ test. Then the 600 Psychometric questions which gives them some ammunition for interview questions.

Day 2 is Medical and fitness. Full medical including urinalysis, eye and hearing test and examination by Dr. Then the step test.

Day 3 is the interview. Mine lasted 50 mins and was with 2 people. Fairly laid back and was given verbal job offer after.

I was asked to give a preference on 1 of the 3 stations you mentioned for inital posting. I was told that all vacancies are advertised and anyone can apply for transfer or swop.

I'm just waiting for my written job offer so I can apply for the visas. Let us know how you get on. Good luck!!

Hi swigski

Many thanks for your last. Info much appreciated.

Will keep in touch and let you know of any developments.

Hope your formal offer comes soon. Now that would be a nice xmas pressie!!

All the best

chillifarm
Old Dec 13th 2008, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

ahtt is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, ASNSW contacted my referee's last week so I'm just waiting now! Anybody know how long it takes for them to get back in touch once the references are submitted? The suspense is killing me lol!

Glad things are progressing quite nicely for you Boweaver! I guess spending cash at Paulo's coffee shop everyday is all part of the experience . He's such a nice chap - I spent loads of time chatting whilst waiting to go for tests/ interview
Hey theotherphil

Just wondering if you're from newcastle because I'm sure i read that in one of your earlier posts. If so, so am I and would be grateful if we could chat some more about the application process.

cheers
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:07 am
Banned

Had written job offer today!!

Now it's full steam ahead getting the visa application in. Hoping to be on the March 16th induction course although depends on the visa. Apparently can take up to 5 months but they seem pretty confident that as long as all goes OK, I should make it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.