Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:28 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

I'll see what pics I can pull out tommorrow, then you can have a good laugh

Roll on tomorrow! I might bring in some more of mine...
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
You say that, but there is a strong tradition of Nundle men going far afield to bag a woman and there are people from all over the world living there, strange place that it is.
Actually, come to think of it, its not such a strange thing at all, they have probably all read about it on british expats from some girl called bundy & all moved there .
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:31 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, come to think of it, its not such a strange thing at all, they have probably all read about it on british expats from some girl called bundy & all moved there .
LOL!!! Maybe so...any minute now the population will be soaring to 300 and they'll need to expand
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bundy
I think I might actually be the tourist board...I should charge commission, but I'm just happy that they allow me to drink in the pub.

In actual fact, there is a 5 star guesthouse in Nundle, occasionally frequented by politicians and the like. Don't think it has a jacuzzi, but you can whack golf balls off the back verrandah and the go for miles! Check out the link http://www.nundle.info/guesthouse/jenkins/

Cool ! Who would have thought on a Wednesday afternoon in London I could go on a virtual tour of Nundle - have to say though it needs good mouse control - made me feel quite dizzy !!

What's fossicking ??? (no rude answers!)
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:36 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by sjn2003
Cool ! Who would have thought on a Wednesday afternoon in London I could go on a virtual tour of Nundle - have to say though it needs good mouse control - made me feel quite dizzy !!

What's fossicking ??? (no rude answers!)

I know, trips down memory lane for me...it's amazing Nundle has a website, let alone a virtual tour, so I'll forgive 'em mouse thing.

Fossicking is when you go about looking for gold or precious gems and the like. Big gold mining area, Nundle. I've got me some Nundle gold from my stint as a goldmining assistant.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:21 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Even scarier is that you will be related to a heap of them soon too
OMG I just read that as:

'Even scarier is that you will be related to a *sheep* of them soon too'

Geez. Must be pickin' up the Oz mindset (or too much time spent reading WBB's posts )

Anya.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you could get married here...
http://www.nundle.info/chachacha/weddings.htm
and we could all come for profiterole wedding cake with spun toffee!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:06 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Larissa
profiterole wedding cake with spun toffee!

Now that is my idea of a wedding cake - shall suggest it to my sister forthwith!

Oh god - got an urge for profiteroles now and I am supposed to be shunning all things fattening and tasty!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:37 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Looks a bit 'posh' to me.....

Our nearest 'town' is Tarana - one pub, a handful of houses and a whistle-stop. Population about 50. Apart from that, Oberon has 4500, and last weekend we went into Bathurst (40K+) which was my idea of a 'real' aussie town: cast iron lamp-posts in the middle of the street, angle parking, federation buildings.... Loved it!! Didn't feel at all silly wearing my Drizabone hat while walking around! Roll on living up there..... Still, the house build should start after Easter, so now the fun and games begin!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:56 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom

Our nearest 'town' is Tarana - one pub, a handful of houses and a whistle-stop. Population about 50. Apart from that, Oberon has 4500, and last weekend we went into Bathurst (40K+) which was my idea of a 'real' aussie town: cast iron lamp-posts in the middle of the street, angle parking, federation buildings.... Loved it!! Didn't feel at all silly wearing my Drizabone hat while walking around! Roll on living up there..... Still, the house build should start after Easter, so now the fun and games begin!
I lived on a property for 5 years, the closest town was 56 miles away, it consisted of 1 general store/post office, 1 pub, 1 police station, 1 primary school (student population 40, mainly from the local properties) & a small hall complete with tennis courts. Total population (in the town itself) of about 20 people.

By comparison, Nundle is a bustling metropolis .
Old Apr 1st 2004, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great pictures - now you have got me longing for the acreage with 2 ponies life!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 12:33 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Gone Troppo Aussie.

A dishevelled man sitting beside himself on the edge of a desert somewhere.

He: Ahh.. Nice spot this, nice.

Himself: Nothing like a good drink of water bag cooled rain water eh?

He: You're right - beaut.

Himself: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd be sittin' here with a bag full of nuggest and sweet rain water?

He: Yeah. Back then, we'd a' been glad to have a billy of brackish tea.

Himself: A billy o' COLD brackish tea.

He: Without milk or sugar.

Himself: OR tea!

He: In a filthy, cracked pannikin.

Himself: Never used to have a cup. Used to have to drink out of a folded up pandanus leaf.

He: The best drink I ever had was spounged with moss from a seep in a breakaway.

Himself: But you know, those were happy days, though didn't have two bob to rub together.

He: Yeah. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

Himself: Too right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this rough humpy, with sweltering tin on the roof.

He: Humpy? You were lucky to have a HUMPY! We used to live in a cave, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no windows or doors. Half the roof was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING rocks!

Himself: You were lucky to have a CAVE! *We* used to have to live in a tree!

He: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a tree! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load beer bottles dumped all over us! Tree!? Hmph.

Himself: Well when I say "Tree" it was only a wattle covered on one side by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a tree to US.

He: We were evicted from *our* tip; we had to go and live on a salt lake!

Himself: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small up turned trailer in the middle of the road.

He: Box trailer?

Himself: Yeah.

Plagiarised shamelessly from Month Python.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:58 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Larissa
Maybe you could get married here...
http://www.nundle.info/chachacha/weddings.htm
and we could all come for profiterole wedding cake with spun toffee!
In fact it's a real possibility...since Mr Bundy is a Nundle boy and we therefore know everyone there, and are best mates with the guy who runs the guesthouse, we may well get a massive discount there. He's already offered us the Honeymoon Cottage. Get married in the church, reception split between the guesthouse (for civilised folk) and the pub bext door (for the rabble).
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:01 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by downunderpom

Yeah, Nundle's dead posh.

The reason there are all these weird smart places (guesthouse, woollen mill etc etc) is because a millionnaire couple came along and effectively 'bought' the town. Everyone hates them, of course, because they are arrogant, money-grabbing, exploitative gits (I used to work for their son), but they did inject a lot of money into the place. However, they don't own the pub, much to their dismay - this belongs to one of the other millionnaires in town (there are 3, in a population less than 300). ANd the pub is the best thing in town
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:12 am
Rocket Scientist

OK, so now everyone can have a laugh

Our driveway
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-dway.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.