Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now Been Living On Th Gold Coast 8 weeks!

Now Been Living On Th Gold Coast 8 weeks!

Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:33 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Now Been Living On Th Gold Coast 8 weeks!

Originally Posted by soapy
ha ha ha dont let me put u off, i only get oot once a month
As much as that is it a regular day, like the 1st Friday. What do they say "forewarned is forarmed"
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:33 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandi248
As much as that is it a regular day, like the 1st Friday.
who told u?????
ill get my day changed noo
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
oot once a month for his bath in surfers beach!!!!! don't forget yer soap
nah, just rub the salt in
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:41 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Now Been Living On Th Gold Coast 8 weeks!

Hi.
I loved your post.
I've had a couple of "wobbles" recently (and we're not even halfway through the process yet!!) but what you've said has gone a long way toward reminding me why we're doing this.
Mostly what you said about the kids settling and that your offering them the chance for a much better way of life reassurred me

Thanks
xRachx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
nah, just rub the salt in
Oooo bit painful if the sand gets in
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi.
I loved your post.
I've had a couple of "wobbles" recently (and we're not even halfway through the process yet!!) but what you've said has gone a long way toward reminding me why we're doing this.
Mostly what you said about the kids settling and that your offering them the chance for a much better way of life reassurred me

Thanks
xRachx
Rach,
everyone has wobbles going through the process, and even when you have that visa in your hand you still have doubts in the back of your mind, but just think of the better life your giving your kids it makes it all worth while!

Lisa
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi L (Flowerofscotland)

I have not read all the posts because my eyes would drop out but you have inspired me again, you always do.

thanks for your constant support and I now know that this is the right thing for myself and my family to do.

hugs and all that stuff to you
see you soon
hugs Lace xxx xxxxx
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:27 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Rach,
everyone has wobbles going through the process, and even when you have that visa in your hand you still have doubts in the back of your mind, but just think of the better life your giving your kids it makes it all worth while!

Lisa
Hi lisa, i was unfair about the GC and have just re read your posts and answers again and its still an inspiration and there will always be negative people. I wasnt trying to be negative about the GC, just trying to say in a short manner which ended up long after explanations that it wasnt our cup of tea yet. The GC is REALLY a lovely place, but the beaches are to wide and its too clean!!! Its in no way a bad thing at all and like you say 20 times better than the uk, i will admit. I wouldnt live in LIverpool over manchester so it is just personal choice, and good luck with everything as it sounds like you have got the life that you wanted and so have we.

All the best.

Al and clare.

PS. Ive heard that Labrador is a bit woof. LOL

xxx
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Hi lisa, i was unfair about the GC and have just re read your posts and answers again and its still an inspiration and there will always be negative people. I wasnt trying to be negative about the GC, just trying to say in a short manner which ended up long after explanations that it wasnt our cup of tea yet. The GC is REALLY a lovely place, but the beaches are to wide and its too clean!!! Its in no way a bad thing at all and like you say 20 times better than the uk, i will admit. I wouldnt live in LIverpool over manchester so it is just personal choice, and good luck with everything as it sounds like you have got the life that you wanted and so have we.

All the best.

Al and clare.

PS. Ive heard that Labrador is a bit woof. LOL

xxx
Hi Al,

I am very defensive of the GC as its now where I call home and to me it is my paradise, its everything I dreamed about. But everyone is different and looking for different things, surfers paradise isn't what the Gold Coast is all about and you have to live here to find that out, its sad that a lot of people judge the Gold Coast on Surfers, as this is the party capital with busy beaches and loads of holidaymakers, there is so much more here, if you want loads of greenery, views and mountains then head for the hinterland which is just beautiful and only a 30min drive, we also have loads of very private secluded beaches, no crowds or tourists, but you have to be a local to know where to go.

There really is something for everyone here, and if I feel like I want the holiday feeling I go to surfers at the weekend when its alive with tourists, the market, the noise, the music just to get that holiday feeling, and if i'm feeling a bit down or homesick I head for Tamborine Mountain, just to see the hills and loads of green, reminds me of Scotland. I really do hope you come back to the GC when you move to Oz and get the chance to see the real Gold Coast and not the one the Tourists see, maybe you will change your mind.

Good luck with the big move

Lisa
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

thats it im not moving to the GC, big fights broke oot last night tut tut. that place is mental
just saw it on the news and thought it was glasgow city center until i saw everyone in t shirts