Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Notts meet 24th June

Notts meet 24th June

Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

the_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nice
Default Re: Notts meet 24th June

Originally Posted by longreach
Hi there, Tracy (Bubbles) and I (Mark that is) are heading to Brisbane. Arriving early October.
Very nice to meet you both!

Do you have anywhere to stay when you arrive? Our friends have recommended a motel / serviced apartment place at Kangaroo Point which works out at around £200 per week if you want the details.

Sara
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:40 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

G'day,

Our internet access is a bit limited at the moment!!!

We don't have many weekends left :scared: I know we are free this weekend and then I am not sure as we have people to visit before we leave.

We may be free Friday night! It's Chris's Granny's 80th on Saturday so don't know if we've gotta go to Skeg to see her
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the_eastwoods
Very nice to meet you both!

Do you have anywhere to stay when you arrive? Our friends have recommended a motel / serviced apartment place at Kangaroo Point which works out at around £200 per week if you want the details.

Sara
And to you....

We are initially staing with friends who were part of our liitle gang on here. We can't stay long though as they have just told us that there parents are coming over in October so that may come in handy. Could you PM them to us?
Thanks very much
Mark.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:45 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

And to you....

We are initially staing with friends who were part of our liitle gang on here. We can't stay long though as they have just told us that there parents are coming over in October so that may come in handy. Could you PM them to us?
Thanks very much
Mark.

Maybe they've just said that to put you off and they're not your friends at all!! ..............................only joking!!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SalSa
Maybe they've just said that to put you off and they're not your friends at all!! ..............................only joking!!
That wouldn't surprise me... you know what they are like (Only joking Steve if you read this )
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:58 am

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice

hi there everyone

can i suggest that we could do a sunday lunch somewhere so that we could take the kids with us?
maybe we could meet at wollaton park and have a picnic?
what about sunday the 13th august,
i will organize the picnic rota if you want.
let me know your thoughts please or alternative locations.
i picked wollaton park because i thought it might be central for all.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Yep, we can do the 13th, picnic rota sounds interesting. Wollaton is fine if its central for everyone else, but it means no vodka jelly :scared:
How many will be jetting off after this meeting, I'm losing count? Will there be anyone left by Xmas?
Jo & Steve

Originally Posted by electricbaby
hi there everyone

can i suggest that we could do a sunday lunch somewhere so that we could take the kids with us?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:09 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Yep, we can do the 13th, picnic rota sounds interesting. Wollaton is fine if its central for everyone else, but it means no vodka jelly :scared:
How many will be jetting off after this meeting, I'm losing count? Will there be anyone left by Xmas?
Jo & Steve

Think we will be ok for 13th just need to check Marks rota - Woolaton Park sounds gr8 and I am sure we will still be here for XMAS -

We've just put our SIR application in but it had to be Adelaide - Queensland took Marks job off the list 1st July so we missed the cutoff by a few weeks. Just took about 2 weeks to decide where to apply to
Know any good vets in Adelaide?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

the_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nicethe_eastwoods is just really nice

That sounds like a great idea. We would love to come and meet everyone, providing that other things don't get in the way! We can cycle up as it's only a few miles from our house.

Please keep us informed and let us know where it will be and how to recognise everyone!

Sara & Paul
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by the_eastwoods
That sounds like a great idea. We would love to come and meet everyone, providing that other things don't get in the way! We can cycle up as it's only a few miles from our house.

Please keep us informed and let us know where it will be and how to recognise everyone!

Sara & Paul
How to recognise everyone - won't be difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry can't make it as we're on hols - up really early this morning as I can't sleep - waiting for news - god it's like waiting for your exam results when you're 16 (come to think of it, failed half of them!!)
Have a great time
Nick
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Hi Jodie

Sorry to hear you wont be coming to Brisbane, I was quite looking forward to seeing a familiar face - and Steve a familiar client. I do know of a vet in Adelaide, but I'm not sure where she is, dont know what her work is like either, sorry. You can move after a couple of years though cant you? Can the dog wait that long?
Jo

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Think we will be ok for 13th just need to check Marks rota - Woolaton Park sounds gr8 and I am sure we will still be here for XMAS -

We've just put our SIR application in but it had to be Adelaide - Queensland took Marks job off the list 1st July so we missed the cutoff by a few weeks. Just took about 2 weeks to decide where to apply to
Know any good vets in Adelaide?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:44 pm
Love it here!

hi there everyone

Count us in too!!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

hi there everyone

Sorry guys but I don't think we can make it. Like I said earlier I know we are free tis weekend but then it starts getting difficult up until we leave.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:04 am
Love it here!

Are you free this Sunday instead Caz??? Then we can say farewell to Mr & Mrs Ashbridge. Aaaaaaahhhhh! Are you having a leaving do Mark???
We're not....couldn't cope with all that. You'd spend all night talking to folk and repeating yourself!! No, i'd rather just go out with a few friends and have a few

Tracy/Mark - i need your advice - we've had contract and transfer papers today from our solicitor to sign and a few questions to answer, our buyers have their mortgage in place so how long do you think we'll be now??? I know... but a rough idea??? Our buyer reckons 3 weeks, what do you think??? Going mad and need to have a rough idea to plan for!!!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SalSa
Are you free this Sunday instead Caz??? Then we can say farewell to Mr & Mrs Ashbridge. Aaaaaaahhhhh! Are you having a leaving do Mark???
We're not....couldn't cope with all that. You'd spend all night talking to folk and repeating yourself!! No, i'd rather just go out with a few friends and have a few

Tracy/Mark - i need your advice - we've had contract and transfer papers today from our solicitor to sign and a few questions to answer, our buyers have their mortgage in place so how long do you think we'll be now??? I know... but a rough idea??? Our buyer reckons 3 weeks, what do you think??? Going mad and need to have a rough idea to plan for!!!
We are not having a leaving do as such. For people who are interested, we will be in the Queens Head at Borrowash on Friday 8th September. Everyone is welcome to come for a

I think it took about 4-5 weeks from then. The completion date kept going backwards. It took a full week for the transfer of funds to go from their bank to ours!!!!!!!!!! It really depends on their solicitor. We kept chasing every day. I would say 3 weeks if all goes smoothly but allow 4.

Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.