Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Notts meet 24th June

Notts meet 24th June

Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:58 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notts meet 24th June

Now I'm too....

Being a newbie on the thread I didn't want you all to arrange the meet around us......

Originally Posted by electricbaby
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
I think we should just drop everything and dive in for 15th yes thats this Saturday.

Nick needs cheering up - sparks must be close to leaving these sunny shores soon? - the weather forcast is ace
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1165&links

and to date no one has said they can't make the 15th! tee hee

"working" from home again!

Jodie! we need a wine drinking sign for this thread!
We are close to leaving these sunny shores as well

Depends what time on the 15th as Tracy is on a course until mid afternoonish. Another alternative is to meet for a few this Sat night ??
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Now I'm too....

Being a newbie on the thread I didn't want you all to arrange the meet around us......
Welcome to the Notts.... no make that Derby gang. It was after all originally a Derby gang until most of us left and got replaced by you Notts lot.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:49 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome. I'll very happily call it the Derby gang - I'm from Derby, we only moved over here 5 years ago for hubby's job....

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by longreach
Welcome to the Notts.... no make that Derby gang. It was after all originally a Derby gang until most of us left and got replaced by you Notts lot.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Can do the 15th for the afternoon, but cant do the beer thing at night. We're hoping to emmigrate and cant afford them! So it would be shipley, butties, pop and grass clippings for us!

Has anyone heard from Nick yet? The more I think about it the more I'm sure she should PM the 'boss' and ask what the bloody hell he pays his staff for. Cheering her up this weekend sounds a good idea.

Jo

We are close to leaving these sunny shores as well

Depends what time on the 15th as Tracy is on a course until mid afternoonish. Another alternative is to meet for a few this Sat night ??
Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:14 am
Look at moi!!!

We could try and come for a bit on the 15th - depending on if I'm all ready with our packing.... Did I say we're flying to Adelaide on Sunday?

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Can do the 15th for the afternoon, but cant do the beer thing at night. We're hoping to emmigrate and cant afford them! So it would be shipley, butties, pop and grass clippings for us!

Has anyone heard from Nick yet? The more I think about it the more I'm sure she should PM the 'boss' and ask what the bloody hell he pays his staff for. Cheering her up this weekend sounds a good idea.

Jo
Old Jul 11th 2006, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charles.edington
We could try and come for a bit on the 15th - depending on if I'm all ready with our packing.... Did I say we're flying to Adelaide on Sunday?

Lou
xx
Spoke to agent.They say they haven't got a clue - have e-mailed them to give reasons for refusal. If after 16 years in the job, I've not got enough experience - who has! We can appeal/reapply - this isn't the end. FEELING TOTALLY F *****ING FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!! The only other option we have is Adelaide on SIR visa. Someone tell me something nice about Adelaide - PLEASE
NICK
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:22 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nick11
Spoke to agent.They say they haven't got a clue - have e-mailed them to give reasons for refusal. If after 16 years in the job, I've not got enough experience - who has! We can appeal/reapply - this isn't the end. FEELING TOTALLY F *****ING FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!! The only other option we have is Adelaide on SIR visa. Someone tell me something nice about Adelaide - PLEASE
NICK

****ing hell Nick, open that wine quick!!!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

I've had a quick nosey round the Adelaide forum at Go Matilda, and from what I can work out, the wages are lower...but so are the prices, so it balances out, there is a lower crime rate and it is "10 times cheaper to live there" than the UK. It is supposed to have a mediterranean climate, PLUS...Nick the state is huge, there is bound to be somewhere there that you can live, even if its just over the border from Melbourne or Perth. Just cos it says Adelaide it doesn't mean you have to stay within the boundaries of Adelaide does it? Surely you can move round the state? When I spoke to you, you seemed to think it was going to take you ages to get a visa, why not go for a visit? It could be worse, it could be Canberra.
Jo

NICK
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:15 am
Look at moi!!!

Hi Nick

Really sorry to read your news. We're going to Adelaide (first choice for us and are going there on a 3 week reccie on Sunday) There was a recent thread about Adelaide here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382246 or you could have a look at the FAQ here http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx Depends on what you want I suppose but we have 2 kids and it seems a great place for families...

Lou
xx
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:27 am

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice

NICK
Can't really help with Adelaide but just wanted to say you will get some sort of visa just stick at it, it will all be worth this frustration when you get there and living your new life!!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 8:08 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by electricbaby
Can't really help with Adelaide but just wanted to say you will get some sort of visa just stick at it, it will all be worth this frustration when you get there and living your new life!!

Nick

Speak to our guy - he's really funny (took me a while to like him as he seemed to be off the wall) but he really knows his stuff. His name is Darrell Todd at Thinking Australia . com I will let you have the number if you like.

He is really straight with people we heard him talking to a lot of people at the expo - the funny think is he said to Mark it doesn't matter where we get you in worse case scenario you go into Darwin and we move you when you get there!

Although he did try to part exchange me for his wife and a visa for Mark - not sure if thats a good deal or not but hes a genuine Australian so I would still get in with as his spouse visa!

Chin up remember it really is worth fighting for you've been and know the score.

Hope we can get this picnic arranged it might cheer you up - worst case scenario as Darrell says we all take a family member each and sneak you under the wire it works in this country - called legal immigrant I think!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

I here by declare that NTL are the biggest bunch of ***king **nkers I have ever dealt with. **stards. *wats *unts. If i ever see a **uking NTL sales person in the Eagle Centre I am going to kick the **cking **it out of him/her. c*ck sucking **ckers.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

I here by declare that NTL are the biggest bunch of ***king **nkers I have ever dealt with. **stards. *wats *unts. If i ever see a **uking NTL sales person in the Eagle Centre I am going to kick the **cking **it out of him/her. c*ck sucking **ckers.
#

We had the same problem - total toss pots.They still keep sending us statements 4 years later, after we got rid of phone and satellite (which never worked!!)
On a more positve note, we know what went wrong and should be easy to rectify (the morons don't know what a bloody foundation unit is) put us 7 weeks behind - but feeling more confident and hey, if worse comes to worse Adelaide ain't the end of the world!!!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

#

We had the same problem - total toss pots.They still keep sending us statements 4 years later, after we got rid of phone and satellite (which never worked!!)
On a more positve note, we know what went wrong and should be easy to rectify (the morons don't know what a bloody foundation unit is) put us 7 weeks behind - but feeling more confident and hey, if worse comes to worse Adelaide ain't the end of the world!!!
Hi

Mark has calmed down a little now! Nick it just goes to show how such stupid things need to be written out, surely a quick internet search by adelaide would have told them what they needed to know, did they not think to phone and check your references????? Bl**dy pen pushers

What is the latest on the week end, i can't get until 4.30 ish if i come straight from my course, would like to come things are getting scary now

Tracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.