Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not what we needed!!

Not what we needed!!

Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: Not what we needed!!

We really feel for you. We had a viewer around who we were told were very keen on the property and probably would put in an offer and this morning we were phoned to say that they went for another property - I felt gutted just at that, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling. What an emotional rollercoaster for you.

Have sent you some Karma.

Sarah
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:16 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

You poor poor things Karma duly sent.

Anne
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:00 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
You poor poor things Karma duly sent.

Anne
Jeez dont know what to say I'm gutted for you. Hope you find another buyer soon Karma sent
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:19 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

We had a similar thing happen when we sold our house in Scotland (found out on the day contracts were being signed that the people buying had been refused a mortgage - half an hour after the removal company had taken away my furniture in to storage) Karma on its way to you.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:18 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

they sound like a great pair of friends!!

good luck

sue
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:29 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Our missives in Scotland have been concluded (I haven't signed anything yet though) but my solicitor says we now have a legally binding contract and the buyers have to go ahead with the sale.

In England I was under the impression that once you had exchanged contracts again you have a legally binding contract but that the buyers can still pull out but they would have to pay you a % - 'Binbird' who has just exchanged says that if her buyers didn't complete they would have to pay 30,000 pounds I think - so to the original poster why aren't you getting any money if this happened?

Lynn
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
In England I was under the impression that once you had exchanged contracts again you have a legally binding contract but that the buyers can still pull out but they would have to pay you a % - 'Binbird' who has just exchanged says that if her buyers didn't complete they would have to pay 30,000 pounds I think - so to the original poster why aren't you getting any money if this happened?

Lynn
I'm confused too. Never bought a house in England so don't really understand how people can do that. What's the point of exchanging contracts if you can't enforce some sort of penalty for people pulling out?

Here, if a buyer pulls out after contracts are signed, they lose their deposit which is a pretty good incentive for them to not do it.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Born2tri will become famous soon enoughBorn2tri will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=J+J]Today has felt like a rug has been pulled from under our feet!

Hi Jo,

So sorry this has happened know exactly how you feel as our buyers have just withdrawn their offer yesterday, we were due to move this wk even though we knew last wk there were messing around it still does not help.
Hope you get a buyer soon and try to stay positive thinking of the ngts we can get drunk once we are there and with all this behind us.
Take care

Lisa
Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:17 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Hi
Thanks again for all your kind words and thoughts. Unfortunately we hadn't exchanged contracts yet and apparently there is no come back if you pull out and not signed anything. Not a legel person don't really understand why we hadn't exchanged yet but was set to complete on 8th June. Just tried to bribe friends buyers with a financial incentive but that has been declined!! Just cannot stop thinking about it. Now waiting for estate agents to come round and value property again
Old Jun 1st 2005, 2:03 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J+J
Today has felt like a rug has been pulled from under our feet! It's 12 days till we fly to QLD, all our furniture has been shipped our house was due to complete next Wednesday and some b*****d has pulled out and the sale has now fallen through!
We've now got to remarket the property as we were selling to friends previously but in all honesty who is going to buy a property with mattresses on the floor for beds and no other furniture!!!
We just feel really deflated, annoyed and extremely p****d off. We know it can happen but had kind of relaxed (wrongly) at this point due to being so close.
Anyone with spare karma? God we need it.....and more!!
J+J
You know, trying to put a positive slant on this for you, for prospective buyers to come and view a house with next-to-no furniture may be a blessing. A house always looks to much bigger and brighter with no furniture in it and it's also a blank canvas so people can't be swayed (negatively) by other peoples personal tastes re decor (not saying that you've got dogdy tastes, but you know what I mean!!).

I ditto moneypens sentiments........bugger, bugger and thrice bugger.

Really do feel for you.

D D

Last edited by DollyDaydream; Jun 1st 2005 at 2:17 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 2:06 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Hi lisa,
I'm sorry things are not running smoothly for you either!
Karma on it's way
look forward to those nights in Brissie
Joe
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:39 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Our missives in Scotland have been concluded (I haven't signed anything yet though) but my solicitor says we now have a legally binding contract and the buyers have to go ahead with the sale.

Lynn
I think the problem sometimes is the hassle of getting the money out of people. When it happened to us I wanted the ex prospective buyers to pay my costs (had to pay to to get my stuff back out of storage etc) but I was told by my solicitor that it would probably be more hassle and aggro ( & solicitors fees). Must admit I was so upset at the time I just went with what he said (though I wonder whether it was the right decision).
Old Jun 1st 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

It depends if you exchange and complete on the same day. If you exchange and the the buyer pulls out for whatever reason then you can claim back any monies lost and any deposit they put down. If you exchange and complete on the same day and they pull out before that then there is nothing you can do about it really. People do pull out for various reasons and not all of them are because they are w****rs. Some people pull out because they have lost their job, family circumstances have changed etc etc.

It's a real bummer when it happens. I thought mine was going to go the same way when I sold but then it all went through OK in the end (but not without a few upsets along the way) so I know how they feel.

Adrian
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:00 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by J+J
Today has felt like a rug has been pulled from under our feet! It's 12 days till we fly to QLD, all our furniture has been shipped our house was due to complete next Wednesday and some b*****d has pulled out and the sale has now fallen through!
We've now got to remarket the property as we were selling to friends previously but in all honesty who is going to buy a property with mattresses on the floor for beds and no other furniture!!!
We just feel really deflated, annoyed and extremely p****d off. We know it can happen but had kind of relaxed (wrongly) at this point due to being so close.
Anyone with spare karma? God we need it.....and more!!
J+J
What a bummer! I know the feeling only too well, same thing happened to us before we left for Australia a couple of years ago. The one who was buying our buyers house pulled out after survey was completed, something to do with their loft conversion not being up to scratch of something.

At the 11th hour we got a couple who had wanted to see our house but had been away on holiday and found the house had been sold when they got back. Estate agents put them in touch with us as they had first time buyers for their property and could go ahead with purchase, they came and loved the house, we told them it was sold as seen, we were off to Austalia, power of attourney over to solicitor, house was sold 1 month after arriving in Sydney. They visited the house in the time it was empty, it was never a problem, in fact they found it better to envisage where they wanted to place furniture and decorate ect.

Now I'm not going to say that it's going to be the same for you by any means, I don't know your circumstance, we were able to cope with a mortgage and rent, but you have to stay possitive because in the end you will sell this house, it,s just a slight set back, things always work out in the end I'm sure of that.

Stay possitive.

Marie
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:30 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible news guys, hope things pick up & you get a new buyer very soon (before you get on the plane would be good! ).

Not much I know, but I took some pics of the flowers in the garden yesterday for you, not great quality cos they were taken with my phone, but I thought they might cheer you up . (because, of course, you have no flowers in England in summer, how stupid am I? )
Attached Thumbnails Not what we needed!!-06010955-01.jpg   Not what we needed!!-06010956-01.jpg   Not what we needed!!-06011001-01.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.