Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not sure about this...need some encouragement!

Not sure about this...need some encouragement!

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default Re: Not sure about this...need some encouragement!

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I know it's a cliche - but your life is not just a practice run
hi cas, i always think it's funny how nurses say 'life is not a practice run' and so on! i have been a nurse for 11 years now, and i LOVE my job! i think if anything, it puts you in that priveleged position of knowing how important living your life to the full is! i have worked in palliative care for two years now and everyday you go to work and think, life is too short, and it honestly is!

we nurse patients as young as 19 years of age with absolutely no future, going to australia i guess, is just a dip in the ocean...

let's just all chill out and go for it!

bob x
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by honeybob
hi cas, i always think it's funny how nurses say 'life is not a practice run' and so on! i have been a nurse for 11 years now, and i LOVE my job! i think if anything, it puts you in that priveleged position of knowing how important living your life to the full is! i have worked in palliative care for two years now and everyday you go to work and think, life is too short, and it honestly is!

we nurse patients as young as 19 years of age with absolutely no future, going to australia i guess, is just a dip in the ocean...

bob x
You know, I couldn't have put it any better myself!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

bob x
Hi Bob, so agree with you - I love my job too - as a RMN, I have also met so many people whose lives are held back by their illness that I feel so lucky to be able to have the chance of doing what I'm doing.
Felt a bit low yesterday, but then got the news that my visa could be with me by end of December at the latest - so v happy and chilled out today!
Cas x
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonyk38
You know, I couldn't have put it any better myself!
nice to hear from you tony,do you think what i'm saying is true...

i can't imagine doing this job for much longer, i take it home with me all the time.. i work in palliative care...

we nursed a colleague in march, she was 24... she was absolutely lush, that is the only word to describe her, just full of laughs and so happy...

i promised her i would go ahead with my application for australia, because i had bored them all stupid with my travels, so here i am...

we only live ONCE,

bob x
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Bob, so agree with you - I love my job too - as a RMN, I have also met so many people whose lives are held back by their illness that I feel so lucky to be able to have the chance of doing what I'm doing.
Felt a bit low yesterday, but then got the news that my visa could be with me by end of December at the latest - so v happy and chilled out today!
Cas x
was so frightened of my RMN placement, got sent to a really intense unit, but could never understand why the chronic schizophrenic and bi-polar disorder patients had to share the same table as the poor anorexic patients on the floor above!

ps. don;t feel low, feel lucky babe! thinking of you,

bob xxx
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

nice to hear from you tony,do you think what i'm saying is true...

i can't imagine doing this job for much longer, i take it home with me all the time.. i work in palliative care...

we nursed a colleague in march, she was 24... she was absolutely lush, that is the only word to describe her, just full of laughs and so happy...

i promised her i would go ahead with my application for australia, because i had bored them all stupid with my travels, so here i am...

we only live ONCE,

bob x
Although I'm training to be an RMN, I did General for a year mainly on a bowel surgery ward. Quite a few of them were palliative. alas. I was somewhat torn when I decided to switch to Psyche because I really enjoyed my time on my old ward. One old boy who died in front of me had been telling me a few days earlier about all his travels. I know if I don't do it now, I could one day be in his position saying, 'why didn't I at least give it a try'.

So I am! I feel inspired by all these people who've done so much in their lives, and lived it to the full. So look out Aus, you don't know what you're letting yourself in for!

If you decide on a change of career in Aus, what do you reckon you'll do?

Tony.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony, haven't got a clue! as yet, but give it time...

you sound like such a nice bloke, think you'll be a great nurse, however don't know anything re, RMN nursing...

bob x
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

tony, haven't got a clue! as yet, but give it time...

you sound like such a nice bloke, think you'll be a great nurse, however don't know anything re, RMN nursing...

bob x
bob - shame on you! trying to steal nice blokes away from us psych nurses!!!
Cas x

Last edited by carolinegorka; Sep 14th 2004 at 11:56 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob - shame on you! trying to still nice blokes away from us psych nurses!!!
Cas x
lived with a psychiatrist, so know how important the nurses are honey, according to him they ran the place, he just made the coffee and signed the kardexs!!!!

bob xx
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

lived with a psychiatrist, so know how important the nurses are honey, according to him they ran the place, he just made the coffee and signed the kardexs!!!!

bob xx
made coffee? ours don't know how to turn a kettle on!
Cas x
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:03 am
Account Closed

bob - shame on you! trying to steal nice blokes away from us psych nurses!!!
Cas x
Blimey! Two nurses fighting over me! *only kidding*

Actually, it's great that I can talk to fellow nurses online who are following the same dream. You both seem like lovely people too....must be something about caring for the vulnerable.

You do both realise that since you are both waaaay ahead of me in the application process that you are under strict orders to keep me apprised of progress!

Tony.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Cas x
yeah, he was rather lush, just trying to impress those nurses!

bob!

except he once said, i had OCD, because i had an obsession with closing the garage doors, never forgave him for that, even if it was in jest, smarmy git!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Cas x
Ours don't know what a kettle IS!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Actually, it's great that I can talk to fellow nurses online who are following the same dream. You both seem like lovely people too....must be something about caring for the vulnerable.

You do both realise that since you are both waaaay ahead of me in the application process that you are under strict orders to keep me apprised of progress!

Tony.
will deffo keep you informed mate, your one of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob xx
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Tony.
Sure will - it's lovely talking to you and Honeybob.
Shame on us for fighting over you!
Cas xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.