Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not so expensive? (grocery comparison)

Not so expensive? (grocery comparison)

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:09 pm
Banned

AllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really nice
Default Re: Not so expensive? (grocery comparison)

Originally Posted by kevin747
Give up now . Are you Mr Logic from the Viz comic?
I still think you are self deluded wee guy in an anorak.
Others laugh , I shake my head at your obsessions.
I think BadgeIsBack pointed right at it in post #205:

Plenty of depressives on here mate. Never seem so many on one site. You just keep doing your thing and don't worry about what other people say.

It's far sadder that people who are negative and unhappy have or want to drag others down with them.
Now if you have nothing useful to add to this thread then do something useful for yourself:- Get Off My Thread and sort yourself out.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllGoode
I think BadgeIsBack pointed right at it in post #205:

Now if you have nothing useful to add to this thread then do something useful for yourself:- Get Off My Thread and sort yourself out.
Old Abc just like stats. It's his work. Take them or leave them, or critique them in turn. He's a retiree and someone who takes more than a passing interest in watching the pennies. End of.

He like many, with his opinions, has a place on this site. Focused, personal insult (rather than voicing disagreement, with/without apology, establishing not establishing common ground, observing common decency) is always likely to end in upsets.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:31 pm
Banned

AllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really nice

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Old Abc just like stats. It's his work. Take them or leave them, or critique them in turn. He's a retiree and someone who takes more than a passing interest in watching the pennies. End of.

He like many, with his opinions, has a place on this site. Focused, personal insult (rather than voicing disagreement, with/without apology, establishing not establishing common ground, observing common decency) is always likely to end in upsets.
I like ABC, what he writes is useful or interesting.

"Mr Misery Likes Company" Kevin747 but Company does not like "Mr Misery Kevin747".

To help "Mr Misery" I suggest he start his own thread. I'll even suggest a catchy title "I'm Mr Miserable, what can I do?". On a site intending to offer help to the Miserable Multitude.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I like ABC, what he writes is useful or interesting.

"Mr Misery Likes Company" Kevin747 but Company does not like "Mr Misery Kevin747".

To help "Mr Misery" I suggest he start his own thread. I'll even suggest a catchy title "I'm Mr Miserable, what can I do?". On a site intending to offer help to the Miserable Multitude.
Kev is actually not at all miserable, just opinionated and a bit bolshy!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Agree. Not even that bolshy really. Just hones in for the likes of ABC.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:01 pm
Banned

Perhaps you are right. Not miserable just consistently negative? Every time he writes; that I have had the misfortune to read. I would have thought that consistent negativity would either indicate one is, or make one, miserable. Whatever, it would be considerate of Kevin747 if he were to fly away.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Agree. Not even that bolshy really. Just hones in for the likes of ABC.
You have been around longer here than I. I notice that ABC has a clutch of ghouls shadowing him. Why would that be? It seems to me that either his ghouls don't like his rational approach or don't like what his rational approach produces.

Last edited by AllGoode; Apr 3rd 2010 at 11:18 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Currently 2 adults and 2 teens in queensland. $ 250 a week if we are very careful, when stuff is on special we bulk buy, often bulk buy markdown bread/meat at night, veggies from markets etc. All healthy food, hardly any junk, and the 250 includes the cleaning stuff. We also have one takouta week, indian or thai, costs about $40.

the bulk buying on special/aldi huge saving, when we came back from UK and cupboards /fridge were empty it was costing us around $320 a week easily.
If we had Aldi in Perth then I'm sure I could easily get our $300 a week food bill down to $250, no probs, perhaps even more?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by pomtastic
If we had Aldi in Perth then I'm sure I could easily get our $300 a week food bill down to $250, no probs, perhaps even more?
Some seem to like Aldi. I find better value in Woolworths. The grocery items are sometimes cheaper in Aldi but the items are usually smaller in weight or volume but as costly or more per unit weight or volume as Woolies.

Is there a difference in Woolies pricing between where you are and my location (postcode 2607, Mawson, ACT)?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps you are right. Not miserable just consistently negative? Every time he writes; that I have had the misfortune to read. I would have thought that consistent negativity would either indicate one is, or make one, miserable. Whatever, it would be considerate of Kevin747 if he were to fly away.
Actually Ruddy is not that bad really - better than some.

I don't mind the clever negative posters (with/with out agenda) as much as the stupid ones. It's the stupid ones who should be sterilised. You can't help that feel that their negatives stories are the natural conclusion of their own actions. They even take pride in their battler, negative lives. WTF! Never got that one. The plebs! The outrage... - hand me the keys to the outrage moped!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You have been around longer here than I. I notice that ABC has a clutch of ghouls shadowing him. Why would that be? It seems to me that either his ghouls don't like his rational approach or don't like what his rational approach produces.
Bullshit
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:19 am
ABCDiamond

Some seem to like Aldi. I find better value in Woolworths.
When ALDI opened up here, actually shortly before ALDI opened here, Woolworths really began dropping their prices in our area.
We could tell they were preparing for the ALDI opening.

Not wanting to give Today Tonight too much credit, but they did run this a few years ago...

February 06, 2004
Everywhere the budget supermarket chain Aldi goes, Woolworths and Coles are slashing their prices to compete with their new and unexpected rival. Who will win the grocery war?

Here's the good news if you're living near an Aldi discount supermarket.

Each time the German grocery juggernaut opens another store in Australia, not only do you benefit from the lower prices but a new survey shows it causes Coles and Woolworths to drop theirs.

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/34430

Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:20 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Bullshit
not heard from you for ages... Is that all we get!!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

not heard from you for ages... Is that all we get!!
Yes.....words are too expensive here
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
Bullshit
Nothing wrong with questioning his stats, (while would you bother) but personal attacks not necessary. I think you were out of order with all that location malarkey awhile back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.