Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not going home, but........

Not going home, but........

Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:54 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not going home, but........

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We've all read the recent threads from people who have packed up and gone back to the UK; they have their own reasons for it and I wish other posters would respect these reasons. Equally there have been some great threads lately from people who are settled here and happy - again, they have their own reasons for this, and are due the same respect.

Why are so many people so quick to judge others by their standards? Everyone is an individual, and everyone is entitled to their own views about how/where to live. And I'll bet a lot of the returnees have reasons that they don't make public, as well. Life's rich tapestry is made that way because we are all individual, and no one has the right to judge anyone else's reasons - because what is true for one person may be way off the mark when looking at what the next person wants out of life.

Yes, I'm waffling, but I hope some of it makes sense. I just want a few posters to learn a bit more tolerance - I guess thats the word. The forum exists for positive/negative/realistic views, and they all have an equal right to be written here.

I feel that also some people do not realise the heart-seeking that goes on when someone is not entirely happy in a new country. If some people knew what others go through in order to try to build a life in a new country, maybe they would not be so quick to condemn people for leaving.
When you know what its like to fight against constant ill-health, and discomfort, to feel lonely and in need of friends that understand you, to be totally baffled by systems and rules and methods of working; then you will start to understand why some people give up and leave.

This country is not paradise, no country is. This country does not suit everyone - no country does. Everyone has the right to make a choice to return or to stay and it takes guts to post their feelings about it. Have some respect, people, and instead of criticising, put yourselves in the shoes of the people writing the threads.

Polly
(sticking it out against the odds cos she's madly in love with The Bloke)
Brilliant thread Polly. I for one would love to read a diary by yourself. Think it would make really interesting reading.
I can totally empathise with you and I am not even there yet.
House sale going well then we should be there middle of next month :scared:
I too am going on a Spouse Visa. I have very mixed emotions but I knew if I didnt do this my husband would resent me for the rest of his life, he wouldn't have vocalised it but I knew it would be a major regret of his and of course I love my husband enough to not want him having a major regret because of me.
I am terrified of leaving my family and friends all of whom I am very close too. What I have seen of Australia in my three visits I love and am sure that we can lead a happy life there and our children have a good life there too, but I lay in bed at night dreading the loneliness that I know I am going to feel.
Hope when I come on this site expressing those inevitable feelings that there are more people like you on here.

Take Care
Sharon
xx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Nicely done you old wagster
Must stay away from the PC tonight as the latest brew is really nice, first time I've done a Cider brew
Cider brew huh? I'll be over
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:14 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Cider brew huh? I'll be over
I thought you might be interested
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
I agree.

I replied to the "Wierdos in Bunnings" thread today asking why certain people feel it's necessary to defend Oz and everything in it all the time. Rather than just admit that there are some thingswrong with Oz j
I know why!!! Its cos they're skippysand they are invading the forum

Poll, excellent post hun and good on yer.

Bloke, you are indeed an angel
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:25 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I know why!!! Its cos they're skippysand they are invading the forum

Poll, excellent post hun and good on yer.

Bloke, you are indeed an angel
Hevs, you know how to make a Bloke happy - he'll be like a dog with two tails when he reads that!
BTW - 2006 Firies Calendar launched this week - you interested???
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs, you know how to make a Bloke happy - he'll be like a dog with two tails when he reads that!

oooooooh!!! oooooooohh!!!!!

ME!!!!!!

ME!!!!!!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ONE OF THOSE CALENDARS!!!!

...not that im desperate or owt
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Pwwworrr not half, me likes Mr August HUP did mutter something about disgusting sexist crap in his house though
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:33 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Pwwworrr not half, me likes Mr August HUP did mutter something about disgusting sexist crap in his house though

yes, so did mal, and consequently the calendar didnt go on the wall.
it was when he threatened to put up a sun page 3 calendar that i finally agreed that perhaps it was a tad sexist...........bluddy men
dont they see its just art???? we are admiring the male form in a non-sexist way....we dont want to jump into bed with the firie, just admire his magnificent physique.

cold shower for me then...
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
yes, so did mal, and consequently the calendar didnt go on the wall.
Mines hanging above the phone in the kitchen
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:35 pm

Mines hanging above the phone in the kitchen

lucky so and so!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:36 pm
High in the Dandenongs

lucky so and so!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:37 pm
Home and Happy

No worries, I'll see what I can do, sexist crap being ordered shortly

Sue, did you have your computer programmed to spot the word "Firies"- you were on that post like a rat up a drain! I'll sort you one out - the guy who signed last years remembers me, strangely enough. I think the final tally was 32 last time!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:46 pm

Sue, did you have your computer programmed to spot the word "Firies"-
lol.........how did you know??

you were on that post like a rat up a drain!
...no point hanging about when there are fireman to drool over

the guy who signed last years remembers me, strangely enough.
lmao!!!! Are you 'that mad sheila with all the pommie mates who bought out the entire stock of calendars'??

I think the final tally was 32 last time!
well, thats lots of $$$$ raised for a worthy charity then!!
(thats my excuse and im sticking to it!!)

sue xxx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

oooooooh!!! oooooooohh!!!!!

ME!!!!!!

ME!!!!!!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ONE OF THOSE CALENDARS!!!!

...not that im desperate or owt
And me, and me, I'd like one (don't need one, obviously, cos I'm all loved up, but you can never have too many firemen in my view). And I never got my 2005 edition.

PS - hello Polly!!!! Tis me!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:07 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bundy
And me, and me, I'd like one (don't need one, obviously, cos I'm all loved up, but you can never have too many firemen in my view). And I never got my 2005 edition.

PS - hello Polly!!!! Tis me!
Hiya mate,
Thats one on order for you as we speak! Its all very well being loved up, but we still need Firies! And as Sue said, its for charity!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.