Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North of the river?!

North of the river?!

Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default North of the river?!

After giving my ups and downs of Mandurah could anyone tell me of any experiences they have had in the rural north in the sticks-specifically two rocks, gabadah, woodridge area? It does not seem so "developed"-that word again!

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:57 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: North of the river?!

Originally posted by melaniee
After giving my ups and downs of Mandurah could anyone tell me of any experiences they have had in the rural north in the sticks-specifically two rocks, gabadah, woodridge area? It does not seem so "developed"-that word again!

Any help would be appreciated!
Hi we've been to Two Rocks, but there is not a lot there. Apparently three decades ago there was going to be a lot of investment in the area but it never happened. Its also a bit of a trek to commute to work in the city, Joondalup is nearer but freeway ends there.

I haven't been to the other areas you have mentioned. Its probably worthwhile taking the time to drive around and look at things for yourself. We couldn't see ourselves living in Mandurah, but other people love it.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Up North!

Thank you for your reply-difficult one. We are trying to get a great combination of rural but by the sea but since we first hatched that idea prices have rocketed!
Think we will go back up to two rocks area etc in the new year and have a good look again! Then decide!
It is hard when you need to be within a commute to Perth for work!
We'll get there!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:37 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Up North!

Thank you for your reply-difficult one. We are trying to get a great combination of rural but by the sea but since we first hatched that idea prices have rocketed!
Think we will go back up to two rocks area etc in the new year and have a good look again! Then decide!
We'll get there!
We found that combination in Denmark a small country town on the South West Coast, housing still reasonably affordable. Problems 4/5 hr drive from Perth, poor employment opportunities.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Woodridge is very isolated & not by the sea, not a lot there but you get acerage for your money. Sometimes find trouble reselling there though, takes a while as it's not to everyone's tastes.

If I didn't have to work I'd look at Two Rocks but it's an awful long way to commute. What about Yanchep? Bit nearer but a bit bigger, less land for your money than inland.

Loopy
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Up North!

We'll get there!
What about Brighton, have you seen the adverts on telly?

The people on the ad are all Poms, northerners...

what they say - "Brighton, it's what a community should be"

what they mean - "Brighton, it's what a community should be - hot, English & no ragheads!"
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Brighton, it's what a community should be
LOL - must be very different from Brighton, UK, then!!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Loopy
Woodridge is very isolated & not by the sea, not a lot there but you get acerage for your money. Sometimes find trouble reselling there though, takes a while as it's not to everyone's tastes.

If I didn't have to work I'd look at Two Rocks but it's an awful long way to commute. What about Yanchep? Bit nearer but a bit bigger, less land for your money than inland.

Loopy

Think that was half the appeal with Woodridge-at first we thought that it would be too quiet but then we came via South Africa when we got that one way ticket and lived rural for three months and loved it. It does not take too long to get to the sea from Woodridge. Anyone know anything of the new estate near two rocks-seascapes? Think they will have to develop up there due to this "estate"-all the land has been sold I think but they were 2-5 acre blocks and close to the beach!
Where is Brighton?!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road

Where is Brighton?!
Located approximately 40km north of the Perth CBD on 680 hectares between the beach and the Mitchell Freeway reserve, it will have an ultimate population of 28,000 permanent residents.

Inland from Quinns Beach estate

try this site for all the info

http://www.brightontown.com.au:lecture:

Last edited by aussie bloke; Dec 10th 2003 at 5:23 am.