Reload this Page >

North Brisbane suberbs

North Brisbane suberbs

Old May 12th 2015, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Jayne.beattie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default North Brisbane suberbs

Hi !
We are moving to Brisbane soon and are looking at the brighton/sandgate area or redcliffe area .. Schools are important ( happy to go state schooling) as my girls are 12 and 9.
Does anyone have any info or preferences on the suberbs?
I love living by the sea !!!!!
Thanks
Jayne
Old May 12th 2015, 10:02 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Brisbane suberbs

Originally Posted by Jayne.beattie
Hi !
We are moving to Brisbane soon and are looking at the brighton/sandgate area or redcliffe area .. Schools are important ( happy to go state schooling) as my girls are 12 and 9.
Thanks
Jayne

Average prices for houses and units:

Sandgate Sandgate House Prices, Real Estate Market & Sandgate Lifestyle Info

Redcliffe Redcliffe House Prices, Real Estate Market & Redcliffe Lifestyle Info
Old May 13th 2015, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Mostly mudflats in that area, maybe look a bit further north? Caloundra up to Coolum have beautiful beaches and in my opinion a lot nicer than Sandgate area
I guess Sandgate is better for commuting into Brisbane though if that's where work is?
Kevin

Originally Posted by Jayne.beattie
Hi !
Thanks
Jayne
Old May 15th 2015, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Louie Blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandgate is a nice little town and both Sandgate and neighbouring Shorncliffe are on the rail line to Brisbane if you need to commute by train to the city. The beaches here however are more mudflats not sand.

I personally really like Redcliffe which has quite a relaxed feel about it. It has a number of cafes and restaurants and has a really good market on a Sunday morning in the main high street. However there is no train line to the city so if you needed to get a train you would have to drive down to Sandgate and catch the train from there. There is a train line currently being built to run from nearby Kippa-Ring to join at Petrie, but I’m not sure when the completion date for this is.

Redcliffe and neighbouring Scarborough do have sandy beaches, a popular one being Suttons Beach at Redcliffe. Next to it is Settlement Cove Lagoon which again is always a popular place for children. There is also a path that runs for miles along the coast for walking or cycling. Obviously the beaches here are not on the same level as those on the Sunshine Coast but if you have to be near to Brisbane are a good alternative.
Old May 18th 2015, 12:44 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we live in bracken ridge which is a suburb inland from sandgate. The foreshore isn't mud, it's dark compacted sand, lovely to walk on when the tide is out, can be breathtaking watching the kite surfers and walkers with the sun gleaming off of the bay. Foreshore path is great for walks/ cycles too. Just across the bridge is the Redcliffe peninsular with more sandy beaches but they are still in the bay and not surf beach. Both my kids went to sandgate district state school, have done very well there and enjoyed it, my son is at sandgate high but moving onto an academy, my daughter is moving there next year, sdhs has a academic achiever a program for more able students as well as vocational focus for kids that way inclined. Sandgate and Brighton are more expensive but close to water and the sandgate town and foreshore. As others have said the sunny coast is just up the highway, it sounds attractive to live there but the commute into Brisbane is horrible, if you're planning on working in Brisbane cbd (or close) I would recommend staying south of the pine river, seems to be a bottleneck for those heading south and will get worse with ongoing developments to the north. This is just my opinion though. Feel free to pm me if you want any questions answered :-)