Reload this Page >

Newly Qualified Nurse look for advice

Newly Qualified Nurse look for advice

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

sammyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newly Qualified Nurse look for advice

Hi guys n gals,

I am a newly qualified children's nurse, just strated my new job in London. Before i started uni i knew, like many others that i didn't want to stay in England for too much longer, i thought about Canada and Australia but have now settled on Australia.

Unfortunatly i have no clue about emigrating what so ever and no idea on how to look for jobs, i also understand that as i am a registered sick children's nurse i may not be legable to work....any info would be greatly appectiated.

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newly Qualified Nurse look for advice

Hi Sammy,

Welcome to BE just like to welcome you to the forum, you will get a better response if you put your post on the Nurses forum. Nurses like yourself who have gone through the process will be best to answer your queries.

Good Luck
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by predator
Hi Sammy,

Welcome to BE just like to welcome you to the forum, you will get a better response if you put your post on the Nurses forum. Nurses like yourself who have gone through the process will be best to answer your queries.

Good Luck
Hi Sammy,
My daughter,stayed back inthe UK to graduate,in Peads nursing ,when she qualified,she was told that she needed 1 years experience,to apply to work in Australia (Perth),she was so upset ,every agent told her the same thing.After about 5 months she got fed up and applied for a years working holiday visa,she arrived here in January,enquired to the local childrens hospital via internet,had a phone call from them the same day ,asking what ward she would like to work on,6 weeks later she started work ,they applied for a a four year visa for her,now she is appliying for resident visa ,which will take about 9 months,my advice is do it all yourself,there is so much work here for nurses,any info you want just email me ,and good luck Terri
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:22 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sammy

here is the nurses forum for you
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:50 pm
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

totally agree with the above. I'm a graduate midwife and i did a search via google and loads of trusts came up, in the state i want to live. Have had 2 interviews to date just waiting to hear if i was sussessful.
Just google 'graduate nurse program' + the state you want to go to. Also apply to the nurses board in that state asap, to get registered as that can take months to come through and you won't be able to work until that is granted!

Good luck! Pm me if you need further help.