Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newcastle, singleton and Maitland .. anyone been there??

Newcastle, singleton and Maitland .. anyone been there??

Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:41 am
Just Joined

claire doyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newcastle, singleton and Maitland .. anyone been there??

Going to be moving from sunny Queensland down to Hunter Valley anyone been there/ live there? Any advice????
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:27 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newcastle, singleton and Maitland .. anyone been there??

Was in Singleton/Maitland on a rail job last week, lovely area. Get plenty of entertainment in your house though, not masses to do, apart from watch the wildlife and coal trains. Good pubs I gotta say.

I'm going back to Singleton on Wednesday for one night only, and it's not lingerie night in the Percy Hotel
Old Aug 18th 2008, 5:56 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we live west lake macquarie which is a ut a 30 min drive to the hunter valley, beautiful scenery and lots of vineyards to visit!! a bit more rural than i would like though, although saying that its not too far from newcastle or sydney, where there are lots of lovely beaches and restaurants
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:48 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Nice area. I live on the central coast and its nice to go to Maitland/Singleton now and again to get a few bottles of plonk. Would be good if you like the quieter life. I guess Sydney will be about 2.5-3.0 hours drive away. I tend not to go to Newcastle much, preferring trips to Sydney where its a bit more happening.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Emmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to all

Originally Posted by claire doyle
Going to be moving from sunny Queensland down to Hunter Valley anyone been there/ live there? Any advice????
Hi Claire,
If you do end up in Singleton could you let me know please!
My lovely brother and sister-in-law have only just moved there and are desperate to meet people!
He's in the Army and she's a lovely mum with 2 young children.
Anyone else too, let me know and I'll pass on the message to them!
Thanks!