Reload this Page >

New Rabies regulations from Jan 2012

New Rabies regulations from Jan 2012

Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Barond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Rabies regulations from Jan 2012

Hey TessD,

Yes defintely crazy. We have to leave here before we take anymore as there are so many poorly on the streets and you just want to save them all.
We wont being using an agent as from what I can tell, they add on quite a hefty amount just for their service, when I can actually do it all myself. Headache I know but just can not afford it.
We will go even if the proposal doesn't go through but we have decided to wait and see.
Thats an interesting thought about tests. Yet another thing to add to list but a great idea. Will def be doing this. Dont want any surprises later.
Cheers for that.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz_F will become famous soon enough

Just out of interest, are there any restrictions on dates when dogs can be taken into Australia?

I only ask as when we moved to Las Vegas, we had to fly the dog into, and collect from, Los Angeles because the ambient temperature in Vegas during August was too high and airlines refuse to fly animals in. I also believe thats the case for Denver, Houston and a few other cities where animal import is banned mid June to mid September. This was information I only found out from the agent who was sending the dog on after we had arrived.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

TessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really nice

Hi Gaz, as far as I know there are no restrictions imposed by AQIS, however they do suggest that long coated dogs have their coats clipped prior to arrival in quarantine during the summer months. Our dogs are getting on in years so that's why we've opted to go in August as it will give them chance to adjust to the weather before summer arrives.