Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:37 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Well! I must say when I watched this I half expected at least one couple/family to have headed back to Blighty, following some of the things that happenned. I was pleasantly surprised to see that even when the men in 2 of the couples "did one" the women stayed on in Australia and really put their heart & soul into making sure they stayed there! The lady from Blackpool - TOTAL RESPECT...... she pulled it off! I was really hoping she would! Anybody know what happenned to the Pilates Instructor from Bath? Did she manage to get the visa & stay??
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

hi claire, i know what you mean about the lady from blackpool, she seemed really nice,im really glad she could stay, it just goes to show that it can be done if your determined,i didnt really think she had a chance.
As for the keep fit lady i dont think ive seen whats happened to her before, is it going to be on again next week do you know.

Just makes you want to get there even more doesnt it hun,remember we re gonna be neighbours,lol.

tracey.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Shame it was a repeat though...hopefully they will do a 2005 update. I think one of the families may post on here.

SS
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

yes ive seen most of them before but i hadnt seen that one, do you know which family post on here?

tracey.
Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Shame it was a repeat though...hopefully they will do a 2005 update. I think one of the families may post on here.

SS
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls

SS
I saw that again last night...i thought it would be an update not a repeat :confused.

Kathy
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd waited ages to see that programme only to discover it was a bloody repeat...

Don't you just hate it when that happens ?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Well! I must say when I watched this I half expected at least one couple/family to have headed back to Blighty, following some of the things that happenned. I was pleasantly surprised to see that even when the men in 2 of the couples "did one" the women stayed on in Australia and really put their heart & soul into making sure they stayed there! The lady from Blackpool - TOTAL RESPECT...... she pulled it off! I was really hoping she would! Anybody know what happenned to the Pilates Instructor from Bath? Did she manage to get the visa & stay??
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:37 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I'd waited ages to see that programme only to discover it was a bloody repeat...

Don't you just hate it when that happens ?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I've been thinking for some time that they should do a follow-up: I, for one, want to know if whinging Mandy in Perth ever got to buy any new knickers.....

Anya.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:43 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I've been thinking for some time that they should do a follow-up: I, for one, want to know if whinging Mandy in Perth ever got to buy any new knickers.....

Anya.
Maybe she is negotiations to get a Marks & Sparks franchise in Perth! LOL!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:45 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by scissors
hi claire, i know what you mean about the lady from blackpool, she seemed really nice,im really glad she could stay, it just goes to show that it can be done if your determined,i didnt really think she had a chance.
As for the keep fit lady i dont think ive seen whats happened to her before, is it going to be on again next week do you know.

Just makes you want to get there even more doesnt it hun,remember we re gonna be neighbours,lol.

tracey.
I know what you mean hun - it is going to be so good having you up the street ;o)

On the TV show, when I saw the beach at Surfers, and even the exit on the Highway for the Gold Coast I cried (sad I know)...... LOL

Jonah came up & looked really puzzled and gave me a cuddle *awwwww*
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Awww bless him, little love,it did look beautiful,i just want to go and ivestigate now,
It ll be a great place for jonah to grow up,couldnt think of anywhere better,
Well lets be positive next xmas a nd new year will be very different to this one
I ll even bring you round some home made mince pies

tracey.
I know what you mean hun - it is going to be so good having you up the street ;o)

On the TV show, when I saw the beach at Surfers, and even the exit on the Highway for the Gold Coast I cried (sad I know)...... LOL

Jonah came up & looked really puzzled and gave me a cuddle *awwwww*
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:19 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Did they ever do a follow up on the other families that were featured in the series? An electrician with a mullet who settled in Brisbane, a single father who had a second hand car business in Perth and the family in Tasmania spring to mind.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:32 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by Carl B
Did they ever do a follow up on the other families that were featured in the series? An electrician with a mullet who settled in Brisbane, a single father who had a second hand car business in Perth and the family in Tasmania spring to mind.
haven't heard of one - the guy with the mullet is infamous i think...
LOL .... Mullet!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:33 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by scissors
Awww bless him, little love,it did look beautiful,i just want to go and ivestigate now,
It ll be a great place for jonah to grow up,couldnt think of anywhere better,
Well lets be positive next xmas a nd new year will be very different to this one
I ll even bring you round some home made mince pies

tracey.
its a deal - you do the mince pies & i'll bring the wine!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Mmmmm its a deal,gotta go to work now,speak to you later hun,take care,

tracey.
its a deal - you do the mince pies & i'll bring the wine!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:54 am
wombat42

Is that whinging Pom woman from Perth who kept whinging to everybody
every 5 minutes what a mistake she made moving to OZ, how much she hates everything Australian, and how much she wants to go home , still in OZ? l hope not.

Last edited by wombat42; Jan 7th 2005 at 8:58 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.