New(ish) here

Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

supercoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New(ish) here

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

In 2008 my husband and I emigrated to Australia on a permanent visa (which he applied for through the TRA). However due to circumstances we returned to the UK shortly afterwards. In May this year out visas ran out.

However, at 34 I now find myself single again. I am therefore currently reevaluating my life and (I think you know where I'm going with this) I'm wondering if there's ANY chance I can return to Australia? I already know my occupation isn't on any of the in demand lists.

I'd be grateful for your advice on ANY options that might be open to me even if they are long shots! (short of seeking out an Aussie and forcing him to marry me!). I need to know whether to rule this option out so I can get on with some other plans!

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

Supercoop � ����

Last edited by supercoop; Nov 5th 2013 at 7:25 pm. Reason: Put 2006 instead of 2008
Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:42 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New(ish) here

Originally Posted by supercoop
Hi,

In 2006 my husband and I emigrated to Australia on a permanent visa (which he applied for through the TRA). However due to circumstances we returned to the UK shortly afterwards. In May this year out visas ran out.

However, at 34 I now find myself single again. I am therefore currently reevaluating my life and (I think you know where I'm going with this) I'm wondering if there's ANY chance I can return to Australia? I already know my occupation isn't on any of the in demand lists.

I'd be grateful for your advice on ANY options that might be open to me even if they are long shots! (short of seeking out an Aussie and forcing him to marry me!). I need to know whether to rule this option out so I can get on with some other plans!

Supercoop 😊
Can I ask how long you spent in Australia, and when you left? Also, did you already have a previous RRV?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You need to apply for a RRV resident return visa. Hard to say if you would succeed, how long you stayed will come into it. Also do you have any relatives in Australia?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Hello, thanks so much for your replies. We only stayed around 6 months returning in January 2009.

Hth. Supercoop
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:25 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

(short of seeking out an Aussie and forcing him to marry me!). I need to know whether to rule this option out so I can get on with some other plans!

Supercoop 😊
Don't rule that option out just yet, I might be interested if you're a good looking, solvent lady with a good sense of humour.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Haha! Thanks spuddyo....I seem to possess all of your requirements so I'll keep your kind offer in mind 😉
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Wedding invite please.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, thanks so much for your replies. We only stayed around 6 months returning in January 2009.

Hth. Supercoop
It may be possible to apply for RRV but as you didn't spend 2 years in Australia, you would need to show ties to the country - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx
Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks Old.Sparkles. I'll take a look at the link.

What about options around employment? Retraining, sponsorship etc? Are those likely? Has anyone specifically retrained in something to get their visa??

Ill try any avenue!

Thanks again folks.

Supercoop
Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:58 am

Thanks Old.Sparkles. I'll take a look at the link.

What about options around employment? Retraining, sponsorship etc? Are those likely? Has anyone specifically retrained in something to get their visa??

Ill try any avenue!

Thanks again folks.

Supercoop
Almost certainly some people will have trained in / studied something with the sole intention of being able to later apply for a skilled visa - and some occupations will be a safer bet than others. If you are young enough to be considering this, are you young enough for WHV?

Something to consider, but not necessarily apply for until you've explored the RRV
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I had a permanent resident visa (valid for 5 years), let it lapse and had to reapply through the whole process again - and I was married to an Aussie citizen, with Aussie kids (by descent). They wouldn't just renew the visa. Mind you, I did not get to Australia to activate it, despite my "ties to Australia" via the kids and wife.

If you find a way to get it again, go for it!

TD
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Hiya,

Unfortunately at 34 I am too old for a WHV as this would be ideal!

Thanks for the advice Toe Dipper - I don't imagine that I'll be able to use the RRV as we were only in Australia for such a short time.

Maybe the long road of retraining will be the only way to go for me?

SC
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:09 am

Hiya,

Unfortunately at 34 I am too old for a WHV as this would be ideal!

Thanks for the advice Toe Dipper - I don't imagine that I'll be able to use the RRV as we were only in Australia for such a short time.

Maybe the long road of retraining will be the only way to go for me?

SC
The cost of an RRV is $345 - do you have any friends, family job opportunities in Australia?

Retraining at 34 is not going to be an easy option - you are looking at probably 5 years minimum before you would be in a position to apply for a skilled visa - and after 40 passing the points test gets harder, especially in a new career with either little or no experience points - and that's if they don't make things harder or change the skills list etc
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks again Old.Sparkles - I understand fully what you're saying about retraining and I think if this were my only option I'd have to really think hard about it.

I have a few friends but no family in Australia. I don't have an "in demand" occupation but does that necessarily mean all routes to a visa via a job are closed to me?

SC
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:28 am

Thanks again Old.Sparkles - I understand fully what you're saying about retraining and I think if this were my only option I'd have to really think hard about it.

I have a few friends but no family in Australia. I don't have an "in demand" occupation but does that necessarily mean all routes to a visa via a job are closed to me?

SC
I'm afraid so - you have checked the CSOL and not just the SOL?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...n/pdf/csol.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.