New in Bunbury

Old Nov 11th 2006, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

John and Jackie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New in Bunbury

Hellooo...., well I've been told this is the web site to be in so here we go. Were a couple of 44yr olds (and that's the last time I'll admit my age) and we've been in sunny Oz for about 5 month's now. It's taken awhile to get sorted, "AAHH"... but every thing's done and I'm now back in the land of the living,Yeah !.So if there are any meet up's in the Bunbury area let us know please we would love to be invited. Were pretty easy going and without the tablet's I'll only bite on a full moon !!!!.........
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New in Bunbury

Originally Posted by John and Jackie
Hellooo...., well I've been told this is the web site to be in so here we go. Were a couple of 44yr olds (and that's the last time I'll admit my age) and we've been in sunny Oz for about 5 month's now. It's taken awhile to get sorted, "AAHH"... but every thing's done and I'm now back in the land of the living,Yeah !.So if there are any meet up's in the Bunbury area let us know please we would love to be invited. Were pretty easy going and without the tablet's I'll only bite on a full moon !!!!.........
Hi John and Jackie

Can't belive no one has welcomed you to the site yet - HELLO

Sorry cant help with the Bunbury meets s I won't be there til next year - but just wanted to say hi and welcome.

Love

SC x-x-x-x
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the site guys, hopefully you will meet some EX Pats around your area through the site.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Good old Bunno eh? Which suburb do you live in and have you found the Rose Hotel yet?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Hellooo..... thanks for the welcome. Were renting in South Bunbury Mangles sub at the minute, nice area. Must admit i went into shock for awhile when we first moved over but I'm ok now. Were originally from North East Eng but had lived on the South Coast for the last 17yrs as hubby did 24yrs in the Forces. It was easy to get everywhere and quite busy so when we moved it was such a shock being at a slower pace. I know it was normal to feel like that but at the time you just want to shout "HELP" :scared: But the suns out now and were all
We've tried a few pub's haven't done that one yet though. Any good.
Off to Perth for the weekend soon , anything to recommend.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hellooo..... thanks for the welcome. Were renting in South Bunbury Mangles sub at the minute, nice area. Must admit i went into shock for awhile when we first moved over but I'm ok now. Were originally from North East Eng but had lived on the South Coast for the last 17yrs as hubby did 24yrs in the Forces. It was easy to get everywhere and quite busy so when we moved it was such a shock being at a slower pace. I know it was normal to feel like that but at the time you just want to shout "HELP" :scared: But the suns out now and were all
We've tried a few pub's haven't done that one yet though. Any good.
Off to Perth for the weekend soon , anything to recommend.

Hi John and Jackie.......your post caught my eye as there are similarities to our situation. We live in fremantle....been here since july, previously lived in melbourne for 9 months. Back in the UK we lived on the south coast and my husband served in the RN for 23 years.......I am originally from Yorkshire. Fremantle is great.......but we are struggling to meet people. Would be great to just have some mates to meet for a drink at weekends. I'm a friendly northern lass...I miss my friends...girls nights out and the buzz of life back home. I can recommend a visit to Freo...we love it here and last night watching the sunset on south beach...my hubby and I could not take the smiles off our faces.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

firn will become famous soon enough

Hi We are not quite there yet but will be in Bunbury in the new year. If there's anything happening after that then it would be great to hear about it.
How is it working out for you?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Clarke Street south, off Minninup Road for many years! Mangles is a nice area and worth buying in if you can. As for the Rose Hotel in Victoria Street - get down there! It's been beautifully restored by the publican John Drinkwater (!!!) and is a lovely place for a drink and an honest meal. Will be catching up with some old mates (40-ish age group also) in a few weeks time. It's a long way to go for a drink but it will be worth it.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hereandnow
Hi John and Jackie.......your post caught my eye as there are similarities to our situation. We live in fremantle....been here since july, previously lived in melbourne for 9 months. Back in the UK we lived on the south coast and my husband served in the RN for 23 years.......I am originally from Yorkshire. Fremantle is great.......but we are struggling to meet people. Would be great to just have some mates to meet for a drink at weekends. I'm a friendly northern lass...I miss my friends...girls nights out and the buzz of life back home. I can recommend a visit to Freo...we love it here and last night watching the sunset on south beach...my hubby and I could not take the smiles off our faces.
Blimey you sound just like me. We like to get out and about so i dont see why we can't meet up in a couple of weekend's as hubby works every other Sat. Do you know how to send a private email through this to make it easier, if not...no problem. Blimey never been on a blind date !!!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
I lived in Clarke Street south, off Minninup Road for many years! Mangles is a nice area and worth buying in if you can. As for the Rose Hotel in Victoria Street - get down there! It's been beautifully restored by the publican John Drinkwater (!!!) and is a lovely place for a drink and an honest meal. Will be catching up with some old mates (40-ish age group also) in a few weeks time. It's a long way to go for a drink but it will be worth it.
Well I've just had a slap!. Yes we have been in there and it is a nice pub haven't tried the food yet though. Went in on a Fri and it was packed and buzzing all night, the next visit was a Sat and it was empty, but then again everywhere seemed quiet that night. Were just sorting out a build in Dalyellup but I know in time I'd love to end up nearer town. The new built places are really nice but I'm one of these people who like older building's and we dont mind getting getting our hands dirty doing it up.... You should see the panic look on my hubbies face right now.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by firn
Hi We are not quite there yet but will be in Bunbury in the new year. If there's anything happening after that then it would be great to hear about it.
It took awhile to settle as we had such a busy life in the Uk and we thought our interests in Uk would be the first step to meeting people but it didnt quite work out that way. I think the winter month's made it worse, plus I had no routine to my life at first. But abit of sunshine makes a diff and i was told to have a try on this site so here we are. Were looking around for something bigger than our car so we can get out and about in some weekend's, as there is so much I want to be able to see in WA.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey you sound just like me. We like to get out and about so i dont see why we can't meet up in a couple of weekend's as hubby works every other Sat. Do you know how to send a private email through this to make it easier, if not...no problem. Blimey never been on a blind date !!!!

I've sent you a pm...hope I've done it right!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:36 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome. PM cranni...she is a lovely poster on this site and lives in Bunbury.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firn
We hope to be in Bunbury March/April time so we also would be keen to meet up.

Sarah
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sarah-jayne
We hope to be in Bunbury March/April time so we also would be keen to meet up.

Sarah
Yeah.... just met up for abit of lunch and a chat with some others from Bunbury area. Bit nervous walking in by myself but I had nothing to worry about I had a lovely time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.