Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:37 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Originally Posted by orca05
Hi
I know it is a poor wage to raise a family and its probably okay as a second wage.
If you are a fully qualified hairdresser then surely your qualifications and work experience would have got you a visa of some kind.I am confused to why you would have to retrain as I thought there was a shortage of fully qualified hairdressers in Aussie and I know of a few british hairdressers who have gone to Aussie and have got their PR without a problem.
Everyones situation is different I suppose and it is a shame you couldn't have got your PR without all this hassle.Never mind mate good on you for giving it go and good luck.
Long story, but came here and got qualification to get PR. Application is currently in with DIAC.

Gotta get skates on as just got this from education authority;

'This Invoice is now OVERDUE. In accordance with Education Queensland International’s Debt Management Policy, Kurt will have his enrolment cancelled and be reported to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) as cancelled for non-payment of fees. This may lead to the cancellation of your child’s visa unless payment is received immediately'

Nothing like a bit of pressure is there! ...

Currently awaiting a call from a travel agent about getting / paying for this bloody flight! ... :curse:
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:51 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Long story, but came here and got qualification to get PR. Application is currently in with DIAC.

'This Invoice is now OVERDUE. In accordance with Education Queensland International’s Debt Management Policy, Kurt will have his enrolment cancelled and be reported to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) as cancelled for non-payment of fees. This may lead to the cancellation of your child’s visa unless payment is received immediately'

Currently awaiting a call from a travel agent about getting / paying for this bloody flight! ... :curse:

Can you access the school's own hardship fund?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough

Oh I see no wonder you are on a poor wage.So you have trained as a hairdresser and qualified in Aussie and this will get you your PR which wil come through next year and you have to pay back teh school fees or you will be in breach of your visa.Look you have done really well to get this far so don't give up and not all salon owners are horrible.It is a rewarding job and you can take hairdressing really far if you want to and earn good money.Best wishes in what you decide to do.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stitch
Can you access the school's own hardship fund?

Cheers

Ginny
I doubt the school would let me near it if it has one!!! ... but being temp resident over here I mighty as well be on holiday!

I've been offered a loan for the fee's from a friend out here ... ... but will try family first.

All timing now as got a flight provisionally booked to leave tomorrow night but we need to get docs from bro in law copied and returned to Oz in just over 3 hours. It gives him 10 mins to get into work, read email, scan docs and fax back! ... providing he starts at 7am and I really don't have a clue! ...lol

If he don't start till gone 7 then I'll lose the flight and source out another! ... but prob end up a few extra days before I can get goin.

All fun eh! ...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by orca05
Oh I see no wonder you are on a poor wage.So you have trained as a hairdresser and qualified in Aussie and this will get you your PR which wil come through next year and you have to pay back teh school fees or you will be in breach of your visa.Look you have done really well to get this far so don't give up and not all salon owners are horrible.It is a rewarding job and you can take hairdressing really far if you want to and earn good money.Best wishes in what you decide to do.
Nail on the head!

Yeah I say it was for PR but it WAS a possibly new career too! Both me and Nic started the course together with a possible plan to have our own salon one day. Unfortunately she didn't pick up the practical side too well, and with the 'bitching' in the place was almost at blows with other girls ...lol, so she decided it wasn't for her and on I went.

I DO actually enjoy it and have weak arms from a motorcycle accident a few tears back so on that front it was ok, unless I got 3 blow dries on the bounce but generally ok with it all.

I'm quite social person and had 'personal' clients there and loved that side too, but the money and hours I don't. I was told a cliental will take 2 - 3 years to build and then working for myself would be profitable, but a lot of evening work too and I'm not a lover of that idea.

Still, the gang never pay for hair treatment of any sort again and if it gets us all to stay in this wonderful country then it's all been worth it I say! ...

Spiral perm my dear? ...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:54 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell Paul only jus seen this

Completely understand why you're coming back, my god you've fought to get where you are and seems you're constantly trying to keep your head above water.

One thing I have to ask...

you're not going home before the Killers gig are you
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Clippies
you're not going home before the Killers gig are you
Flight is almost booked and leave here tomorrow night. Planning to stay over as long as possible, but certainly all of November!

Killers play on the 9th! ...

Sacrifices sacrifices sacrifices!!! ...

ALTHO!!! ... should I see who's playing in good ole London town on the build up to Xmas ?!?!?

Prob not a good move as I need to be out working not galavanting around seeing bands! ...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:21 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Flight is almost booked and leave here tomorrow night. Planning to stay over as long as possible, but certainly all of November!

Killers play on the 9th! ...

Sacrifices sacrifices sacrifices!!! ...

ALTHO!!! ... should I see who's playing in good ole London town on the build up to Xmas ?!?!?

Prob not a good move as I need to be out working not galavanting around seeing bands! ...
aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww mate

I think you deserve one good gig over here to make up for it

Really feel for you, hope all goes to plan for you
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Clippies
aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww mate

I think you deserve one good gig over here to make up for it

Really feel for you, hope all goes to plan for you
Well I'll maybe have a little look ... can always start work after gig, done that many a time!

We'll be right! ...

Bro is law hasn't been able to get docs back to the agent out here by our 5.30pm so I thought I'd lose the flight, but the agent called and said that Singapore haven't called back (or sommit like that) the flight so as long as she gets the stuff before 9am here tomorrow ... I should be able to keep the flight and go tomorrow night ...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'll maybe have a little look ... can always start work after gig, done that many a time!

We'll be right! ...

Bro is law hasn't been able to get docs back to the agent out here by our 5.30pm so I thought I'd lose the flight, but the agent called and said that Singapore haven't called back (or sommit like that) the flight so as long as she gets the stuff before 9am here tomorrow ... I should be able to keep the flight and go tomorrow night ...
How many can you fit in a cab after a gig - 20?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
How many can you fit in a cab after a gig - 20?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough

Nail on the head!

Yeah I say it was for PR but it WAS a possibly new career too! Both me and Nic started the course together with a possible plan to have our own salon one day. Unfortunately she didn't pick up the practical side too well, and with the 'bitching' in the place was almost at blows with other girls ...lol, so she decided it wasn't for her and on I went.

I DO actually enjoy it and have weak arms from a motorcycle accident a few tears back so on that front it was ok, unless I got 3 blow dries on the bounce but generally ok with it all.

I'm quite social person and had 'personal' clients there and loved that side too, but the money and hours I don't. I was told a cliental will take 2 - 3 years to build and then working for myself would be profitable, but a lot of evening work too and I'm not a lover of that idea.

Still, the gang never pay for hair treatment of any sort again and if it gets us all to stay in this wonderful country then it's all been worth it I say! ...

Spiral perm my dear? ...
Yes that is the nature of the job late nights and Saturdays which you do get used to(been hairdressing since I was 16 only stopping to have my kids).Lots of hairdressers end up with carpel tunnel in their wrists and back problems but carry on and you can claim for work related disablites which you should get medical help with.
Bitichness always happens in most salons and in the end it has always been water of a ducks back to me.Long as you work hard and willingness to learn and evolve you should end up with a good clientel quickly.
I don't blame you going back to UK and getting some cash behind you it won't be the first or last time that will be done.I know people who have done that here in NZ to survive the first few years as it is always really hard in the beginning if you are not a cashed up Brit.
Good on you mate and really admire you for giving it your best shot.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Well final post from me till I hit them pomme shores ...

I'll be leaving Brisbane airport tonight at 11.45, flying via Singapore and will arrive at Heathrow on the 31st at 3pm.

Then the fun begins! ... ... I'll be cursing within a week! ...

Big thanks to everyone for support, I know this is the right decision to be making but a little support always makes it all the easier! ...

I'll update from the other side of the pond when I'm there.

Oh and I even created a new avatar for this mission.

(Sad git! ... )

Whoosh Bang Gone!!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:45 am

gedge has disabled reputation

I'll be leaving Brisbane airport tonight at 11.45, flying via Singapore and will arrive at Heathrow on the 31st at 3pm.

Big thanks to everyone for support, I know this is the right decision to be making but a little support always makes it all the easier! ...

(Sad git! ... )

Whoosh Bang Gone!!!
wbg good luck mate
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

you will lokk back at this once your mission is complete.

Use the force dude......

(Sad git! ... )

Whoosh Bang Gone!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.