Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Best of luck mate, we are more than aware how tough it is on student visas, employment with our restrictions is pretty hard to come by. I personally think you've made an informed decision, and you're showing just how determined you are to make it work here and the lengths you'll go to, to ensure your family are happy. Good on ya, we've seen so many more chuck the towel in when the going gets tough!

PR via the student is expensive & hard, but we'll never take this great place for granted when we finally get those papers. Keep up the positive attitude and the rest will follow.

Sam n Est
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi just wanted to say best of luck and good on you for doing what you think is needed for you and yours. Hard work pays off.

Donna
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:06 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you and yours Paul.

If I had the money I would give it to you, you always come up smelling of roses though and I hope you do this time too.

On another note, I can almost taste that curry

xxx
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it all works out for you, £2000 a week is not to be sniffed at and if it sorts out your financial troubles then go for it.
S xx
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:24 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ransi
Good luck to you and yours Paul.

If I had the money I would give it to you, you always come up smelling of roses though and I hope you do this time too.

On another note, I can almost taste that curry

xxx
Thanks everyone.

Yeah we all say the curry is prob at the top of the list of 'things we miss from the UK' so I'm gonna put on a stone or eight by the time I get back ...lol

I've been to Immigration and changed my visa for one I can leave Australia on and just gotta sort out the flight and I'm off.

Early next week I reckon!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:37 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Thanks everyone.

Yeah we all say the curry is prob at the top of the list of 'things we miss from the UK' so I'm gonna put on a stone or eight by the time I get back ...lol

I've been to Immigration and changed my visa for one I can leave Australia on and just gotta sort out the flight and I'm off.

Early next week I reckon!
good luck mate

anyone who has the balls to get on and get it done
deserves to succeed

best regards steve
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I WAS gonna pm you mate and ask about possible earnings here but that answers my question.

NO other solution to this prob but to go back.

Blighty here we come!

might still be here on Sunday and if so I'll see you then ...
you mean saturday????????
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
you mean saturday????????
Whoops! ...lol

I only spoke to someone else goin earlier and said Sunday ...

All the better and ta for the reminder.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops! ...lol

I only spoke to someone else goin earlier and said Sunday ...

All the better and ta for the reminder.
you better give them a call lol

if you can make it i will let you know all about driving a taxi on saturday mate
Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
you better give them a call lol

if you can make it i will let you know all about driving a taxi on saturday mate
txt sent!

Ok cheers altho to be honest I'm not looking forward to driving London's riff raff home in the early hours but been there before so I doubt they've changed much. Any journey over 10 mins and they're asleep for the duration anyway ...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:24 am
Master of verbal pish©

txt sent!

Ok cheers altho to be honest I'm not looking forward to driving London's riff raff home in the early hours but been there before so I doubt they've changed much. Any journey over 10 mins and they're asleep for the duration anyway ...
its the same here mate. they are just as mental
Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Paul no useful advice, can fully understand what you are saying about crap wages and sky high cost of living tho.

Just want to wish you all the best, and would probably add what you can earn in the UK compared to here would pay for a extended holiday in OZ every couple of years, sometimes that is a much better option than all the reality of living here.

Whatever all the best to you and your family, have a curry for me.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

hey paul,

someone is offering work on the GC , and not crap wages.

see the other thread, by kevin bllomfield,

sunshinecoast and crap wages.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:36 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best of luck. I really wish we had some dosh that we could throw you're way but seem to be paying out more than we can bring in right now.

Go for it and I hope it all works out for you and yours.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck you deserve it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.