Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Negativity v Constructive Comments

Negativity v Constructive Comments

Old May 30th 2011, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Negativity v Constructive Comments

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
A migrant. New Australian and all that jazz.
Fair enough, but you're not going to drive around with an Australian flag on your car or anything sill like that?
Old May 30th 2011, 6:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=BadgeIsBack;9396326
What was definitely frowned on was over patronage of some of the Expat pubs..there were people who lived there with permanent ruddy faces ...who could not mix with people from all over Europe.[/quote]

Now *that's* an expat

The East End crims living out of bars on the Spanish Riviera are *real* expats. The rest of us are immigrants.
Old May 30th 2011, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Fair enough, but you're not going to drive around with an Australian flag on your car or anything sill like that?
Rest assured...I don't think I have ever heard of any Expat or migrant who has ever done that. It might pique your interest to know that I feel more Australian amongst the people I have found common ground with - that's the key - than any Fish or Chip Pom; all depends on your outlook.

Originally Posted by Wol
Now *that's* an expat

The East End crims living out of bars on the Spanish Riviera are *real* expats. The rest of us are immigrants.
lol. But I think that thousands of other arrivals in these places are doing well in those stakes and pushing to be counted...!

I always remember the blokes who got digs above the bar and treated the joint as if it was their 'front' room. Hate to think what their liver function was like....