nat west pigs

Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Has anyone sold any vinyl on ebay?

I have an original Beatles 1969 Album - Yellow Submarine, in mint condition .
Any ideas as to how much it might be worth, I haven't got a clue and I want to sell it before we go.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:50 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
Well thats what i was persuaded to believe anyway! So its coming, we have no turntable, but its coming, go figure
Well speaking as your better half I hereby give you permission to get rid of all your records. I mean we don't really want to cart them half way round the world when we have my collection do we.

Yeah thats really gonna happen. I ain't the only sentimentalist (with a heavy emphasis on the mentalist) in da house.

HUP (Will pay later :scared: :scared: )
Old Aug 17th 2003, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Originally posted by Vicky88
I've been fascinated by this conversation because I didn't know what Nat West pigs were. However as suggested I looked on Ebay and am assuming these are money boxes. Just wondering did you buy these and they became collector's item or were they a gift from the bank?
Hi,
yeah they are money boxes,
the pigs were a gift from the bank,you got a baby pig for opening an account and for every £25 they gave you another pig, i think they are worth about £200 so not a bad deal!!
sue&bob
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:19 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

It always used to be Barclays pigs!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

mark 1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

full set for sale if anyone interested
send a pm

mark
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:08 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Has anyone sold any vinyl on ebay?

I have an original Beatles 1969 Album - Yellow Submarine, in mint condition .
Any ideas as to how much it might be worth, I haven't got a clue and I want to sell it before we go.
Only just read this thread as I don't bank with the Nat west and thought it was a related thread Doh!
I have loads of old vinyl and recently had it all valued Bloody amazing the results David Bowie early albums approx £50 in mint cond ditto Rolling Stones ones. The funny thing is though when you pin the guy's who do the valuing to a price you find that cos your Woolworth's 99p sticker's missing from the cover it's only in good cond. i.e worth 50% less, then they only give you a third of that value so a 50 quid mint album becomes a good cond. album 25 quid and you get 1/3 about £8.50 for a 50 quid album. So don't get to excited about it being worth loads.
Best bet is EBay but there's shed loads of vinyl on there and prices are lower at the moment.
Check out the link below for valuations or go to WHSmiths and check out the record collectors bible latest edition is expensive so take a list of catalogue numbers from the sleeves and do it in the store
http://www.drury335.freeserve.co.uk/beatles-pg.htm
http://listings.ebay.co.uk/lp/plisti...071/index.html
http://www.vinylrecords.co.uk/Vinyl-...ice-Guide.html
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks Sean/Debbie, I will have a look on ebay.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Please explain to a long time expat how money boxes that are given away can now be worth 200 pounds!!!

Are they still giving them away?? If so can I apply for a couple. Did bank with Nat West at one point but never heard about these pigs.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

they were giving them away about 20 years ago