Nasty Cat

Old Sep 12th 2003, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nasty Cat

Hi all
Seeing as I now consult expats before making any major decisions, I thought I'd run this one past you all...
We have a particularly nasty cat, who we're not taking to Aus as she's had melanoma (spent £200 getting her ears removed!!!!) and the vet has advised against taking her. (We don't really like her anyway and have a much nicer cat who is lovely.) Today, she scratched our little 91/2 month old bubba, right across his face, narrowly missing his eye by about a millimetre. Yesterday, she tried the same and caught his cheek. She also got close to his eye a couple of weeks ago, but we thought we'd give her another chance. Hubby is now ranting and ravong about getting rid of her now, rather than waiting to go to Aus. What would you do? What are animal shelters like? I'm umming and arring because I was counting on having the time to get her a good home, but she is a total psycho.... Anyone want a free puddy cat? (with no ears?)
Larissa
Hubbys working at home today so my attempts to logon may be twarted!!!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 7:52 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your moggy has got it in for your little one........i'd get rid of it pronto before it really hurts him..........
Old Sep 12th 2003, 7:53 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl! sorry, but i'm really allergic to cats and hate the way they sit on your knee all sweet and innocent, then with no reason for it they just dig their claws into your leg! I've been told its cos their happy, oh so thats ok then! pah!
Anyway can't you find a farm for it, thats what my parents did with my dog, but they could never remember the address
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Dee_e56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Not an easy decision, maybe you could try the local cat shelter. I would say the cat would be happier with an elderly person. a cat I had years ago left home the day I brought my new son home from hospital, I tried everything to get her to come back nothing would work but the funny thing is when we moved about 3 yrs later, she started to come to the new owners who had no children. I would say your cat is jealous and you cant take the risk. Its to late when your childs eye has been damaged. I also had a dog who disliked my son she was jealous of him, she waited for her moment and lucky for us she was tied up in the garden, only because she was always trying to get out of garden. She went for my son the rope stopped her, that night she was put to sleep, you dont get second chances.

hope I have been some help
Dee
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

PS i wasn't laughing about your cat attacking your son. It was the ear thing that cracked me up, sick sense of humour and all that. Hope your son is ok though?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

1. Grasp cat by scruff,
2. Take outside,
3. Find stout fence post,
4. Grab cat by hind legs,
5. Swing briskly overhead,
6. Bring cat's head down on fence post,
7. Drop deap cat in garbage.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have the cat put down. The first attack should have been its last.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:24 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
1. Grasp cat by scruff,
2. Take outside,
3. Find stout fence post,
4. Grab cat by hind legs,
5. Swing briskly overhead,
6. Bring cat's head down on fence post,
7. Drop deap cat in garbage.

Eeww.........how to put you off your breakfast in one fail swoop.............
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nasty Cat

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi all
Seeing as I now consult expats before making any major decisions, I thought I'd run this one past you all...
We have a particularly nasty cat, who we're not taking to Aus as she's had melanoma (spent £200 getting her ears removed!!!!) and the vet has advised against taking her. (We don't really like her anyway and have a much nicer cat who is lovely.) Today, she scratched our little 91/2 month old bubba, right across his face, narrowly missing his eye by about a millimetre. Yesterday, she tried the same and caught his cheek. She also got close to his eye a couple of weeks ago, but we thought we'd give her another chance. Hubby is now ranting and ravong about getting rid of her now, rather than waiting to go to Aus. What would you do? What are animal shelters like? I'm umming and arring because I was counting on having the time to get her a good home, but she is a total psycho.... Anyone want a free puddy cat? (with no ears?)
Larissa
Hubbys working at home today so my attempts to logon may be twarted!!!
I'd take the cat to your nearest animal shelter and see if they can find a new home for it. It's obviously not happy with the new situation, the baby, but could turn out to be a perfectly happy cat in a different environment. If animals do strange and nasty things it's usually our fault, i.e. we people, and I find just killing it because it doesn't suit our situation is not fair at all, we after all force them to live with us, not the other way around.

I all in favour of grabbing people like Meg and doing to him what he advocates doing to animals. Pity I'm not larger than I am .

sashimi
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:49 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Have you ever killed your dinner?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Megalania
Have you ever killed your dinner?
I'm a dab hand at pulling up my own veggies, don't eat meat anymore. Have killed fish, chickens and gone shooting with my dad, so yes, I have tried killing my own dinner.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:57 am
WBB

im afraid if the cat was mine it would of found itself in a carrier bag at the bottom of the river at the first sign of an attack on my child.
dont get me wrong i love animals but your children come first, imagine it took your sons eye.!!!

Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps this may be of some use

http://internet.ls-la.net/pictures/Cat-Carrier.html

Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by welshboybilly
im afraid if the cat was mine it would of found itself in a carrier bag at the bottom of the river at the first sign of an attack on my child.
dont get me wrong i love animals but your children come first, imagine it took your sons eye.!!!
But why kill it???? Take it to the shelter, for God's sake. It didn't ask to have this new thing introduced to it's life.

I totally agree, children come first, but then take it to some people who'll take good care of it. Animals aren't just bits of furniture you can discard if they don't fit your situation anymore. What's so difficult about taking it to the nearest shelter?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:03 am
WBB

Originally posted by sashimi
But why kill it???? Take it to the shelter, for God's sake. It didn't ask to have this new thing introduced to it's life.

I totally agree, children come first, but then take it to some people who'll take good care of it. Animals aren't just bits of furniture you can discard if they don't fit your situation anymore. What's so difficult about taking it to the nearest shelter?
because it could do the same to another child or elderly person, dont give it the chance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.