Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NAATI accred = 60 points?

NAATI accred = 60 points?

Old Oct 11th 2002, 10:28 am
Just Joined

vavavoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NAATI accred = 60 points?

Does this mean I can pay, sit an exam and pass a NAATI translator test here in London and get 60 points for it?
In other words is only NAATI accreditation alone worth 60 points?

Surely, that sounds too easy?

IDP website says:

http://www.idp.com/globalexamination...article401.asp

'The Department of Immigration, Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs’ (DIMIA) Skilled Occupation List specifies NAATI as the assessing authority for translators and interpreters. NAATI accreditation provides 60 points towards the Skilled Migration Category.'

As I am native in one of the 'Community Languages' as well as a keen linguist, I believe I can pass NAATI test without any real difficulties. Would this give me 60 points?

Anyone?
Old Oct 11th 2002, 10:33 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NAATI accred = 60 points?

Originally posted by vavavoom:
Does this mean I can pay, sit an exam and pass a NAATI translator test here in London and get 60 points for it?
In other words is only NAATI accreditation alone worth 60 points?
Yes. If you download the application form for a Level 3 exam off the NAATI website you will find the confirmation you are looking for is there.

Effectively, a NAATI Level 3 accreditation is worth 60 + 5 if the language that you are accredited to translate/interpret from/to is on the Aussie community languages list.

Peter
Old Oct 11th 2002, 10:41 am
Just Joined

vavavoom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that's really good news!

I have already downloaded the application form that and read it a few times, I guess just needed a confirmation from somebody else - like you, Peter!

THANK YOU SO MUCH - YOU'RE A STAR!

Originally posted by ptlabs:

Yes. If you download the application form for a Level 3 exam off the NAATI website you will find the confirmation you are looking for is there.

Effectively, a NAATI Level 3 accreditation is worth 60 + 5 if the language that you are accredited to translate/interpret from/to is on the Aussie community languages list.

Peter
Old Oct 16th 2002, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Denny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by vavavoom:
Wow, that's really good news!

I have already downloaded the application form that and read it a few times, I guess just needed a confirmation from somebody else - like you, Peter!

THANK YOU SO MUCH - YOU'RE A STAR!

Hi,
However, you need to have a one year work expericence out
of 18 months prior to your application on SOL.
otherwise, you can come to study australia doing Diploma
course or something that is more higher level for one
academic year.

Denny
Old Oct 16th 2002, 7:38 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Denny:
However, you need to have a one year work expericence out
of 18 months prior to your application on SOL.
That's to satisfy DIMIA's basic requirements. The one year work experience can be for any occupation on the SOL, and need not be interpreter/translator.

Peter