My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

racquet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Get out of Gympie and you'll be right

Originally Posted by Hutch
Interesting post, hope you feel better for unloading. One thing I have noticed is that most of the whinging poms I meet are very middle class and usually degree educated (and always finding a way to mention it). It's no different where I live in the UK. There's a little newsapaper called the Nailsworth News that is run by a load of semi-retired middle class busy bodies, whose sole reason for living seems to be to try and change this otherwise honest little working town into some bourgeois enclave with lovely little cafes, lovely little clothes shops and a lovely little farmers market. Their paper's full of all these snipey little columns about what they perceive as being wrong with a town they only moved to five years ago. It's utterly despised by the people who were born and raised here and there's a genuine battle line between the real locals and the former home-counties civil servants who aren't happy unless they're spitting piss and bile about something or other. So what do you think? Whinging a middle-class disease, or is everyone at it?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I do believe it was my roast lamb dinner and veggies, but it could be from my piss up in Birmingham (Crufts).

And of course, I said to husband that if the Australian Shepherd Dog wins the dog show, its an omen that we will get to Australia.

And it won

All that excitement has made my wind worse.

I wonder who else has wind and isn't ashamed to say it on here?
And I thought you were a cat person?

Ooops I have just farted.

Just as well Mrs Manx has gone to bed, it's a bad one.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I had some yesterday.

That was down to the amount of beer I had on Friday

Its always worse when you have been drinking.

I dont normally drink of late, but it was so nice to let my hair down with my mates in Birmingham, I haven't laughed like that in a while.

And today we celebrated our wedding anniversary which was on Thursday but both of us were working.

So i am entitled to fart.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Its always worse when you have been drinking.

I dont normally drink of late, but it was so nice to let my hair down with my mates in Birmingham, I haven't laughed like that in a while.

And today we celebrated our wedding anniversary which was on Thursday but both of us were working.

So i am entitled to fart.
Its your basic human right to fart sam, dont worry about it. Like I said before, let it rip!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:49 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
And I thought you were a cat person?

Ooops I have just farted.

Just as well Mrs Manx has gone to bed, it's a bad one.

I am but I have worked at Crufts Dog show every year (except last year) since I qualified as a vet nurse.

Its great fun, you get put up in a hotel and paid as well, all meals provided and its good company.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am but I have worked at Crufts Dog show every year (except last year) since I qualified as a vet nurse.

Its great fun, you get put up in a hotel and paid as well, all meals provided and its good company.
I bet it is. Have you seen the movie 'best in show' ?

Crufts is not really about dogs is it? Its about the owners. Love to see backstage!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:55 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Originally Posted by lostpom.com
Walk down any street in London (South of course!), and once you've stopped coughing from the smog (and nearly been run down by an illegal taxi), you will see what I mean !
*note to self: visit Sarf Lundun and see how they dress daahn there, innit*

My time in the UK began in West London, where I lived on a narrow boat with my uncle, who has his own boat yard. I went boating on the Thames, saw the local sites (Royal Mail depot, Somerfield, Brentford train station, filthy streets, filthy buildings, filthy people) and after discovering the joys of the Tube (which I cannot praise highly enough) even managed to get as far as Kensington and Chelsea (less filth, but painfully overpriced.)

It's a manic place though, don't you think? Check out Waterloo or Kings Cross station at rush hour; absolutely insane!

Yes, yes, I KNOW ! Most of my rants are on areas that could have been researched before I left. Its just some things you take a bit for granted when you live in the UK, and don't realise how much you miss them until they are gone.
Well, that's true enough. It's something I've certainly learned since coming to the UK!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:58 pm

I bet it is. Have you seen the movie 'best in show' ?

Crufts is not really about dogs is it? Its about the owners. Love to see backstage!

Its very competitive I must say.

The agility is nice to watch, the dogs get so excited with it, I have tried my little dog at it and she loved it, I suppose some dogs need to work so to speak.

We were not busy, just microchipping and eye testing plus one or two sick ones came in while I was there, and there were some lovely dogs as well.

I didnt see too much of it as we were in a room but I think it went OK and wasnt told of anything.

I cannot believe that my last Crufts (all being well with the visa/meds) and an Australian breed of dog won it. Got to be a good omen
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:00 pm

[QUOTE=Vash the StampedeIt's a manic place though, don't you think? Check out Waterloo or Kings Cross station at rush hour; absolutely insane! [/QUOTE]

Hell yes. I feel sick thinking about it.

Acton Town is a bastard, always a delay and always a cancellation and always my train.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good on ya Sam, Im sure there will be other dog show in Australia.

Anyway Im off to bed now, feel free to contine talking about shite into the small hours, and remember Sam a fart is better out than in! Goodnight
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Some good points, all correct, but I think much of it is Gympie.

We don't have handheld camcorder adverts in Melbourne. Some are strange, but
its' almost part of the 'joke', the American style. We don't care about the TV, we like what we see on ABC (good stuff from the BBC) and SBS.

People can be quite stylish here.

As a professional, I earn good money and find the cost of living a bit cheaper than the UK but I am in a minority. Professionals *can* get well paid here, despite evidence for a while they didn't.

You gripes sound typically like many in WA or QLD.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:04 pm

Good on ya Sam, Im sure there will be other dog show in Australia.

Anyway Im off to bed now, feel free to contine talking about shite into the small hours, and remember Sam a fart is better out than in! Goodnight

Yes I must be off to bed myself.

Nite
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:09 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL ... I am amazed about the amount of people who complain about Aussie TV. I won't be watching the bloody box and nor will my kids if we can be outside after school instead of sitting inside watching the sleet and snow pass the window.

Given that Aus is only second to the USA in obesity, for god's sake, don't join in... Get off your arse and get outside to see one of the most beautiful and gob smackingly awe inspiring environments in the world. What's TV compared to that?

So it's crap..Then DON'T WATCH IT. If everyone did that, they'd get the message soon enough.
When the big light bulb in the sky switches off abruptly at about 6.30 for more than half the year and the mossies keep you inside about an hour before lights out then you too will be begging for some decent telly. Unless you all have infrared vision and special blood the mossies don't like of course.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Some good points, all correct, but I think much of it is Gympie.

We don't have handheld camcorder adverts in Melbourne. Some are strange, but
its' almost part of the 'joke', the American style. We don't care about the TV, we like what we see on ABC (good stuff from the BBC) and SBS.

People can be quite stylish here.

As a professional, I earn good money and find the cost of living a bit cheaper than the UK but I am in a minority. Professionals *can* get well paid here, despite evidence for a while they didn't.

You gripes sound typically like many in WA or QLD.
Quite Right ! Unfortunately I agree that living in a smallish town in QLD has tainted some of my Australian experience.

Melbourne was an absolute joy to visit recently. Real foreign food ! Hooray.

Liked St Kilda a lot too...
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
LOL
Cant wait for the " I feed a family of 13 on $76 a week and the only crime is rampant garden knomes crew " to get hold of this post
you cynic I say, 'Good on them'. Having worked in a supermarket I know most people buy crap. All the little luxuries add up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.