Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hello,

May I share with everyone some research I have been doing comparing 7 seater vehicles available in Australia?

We will be looking to buy a 7 seater when we get to Oz, we are already finding here in the UK that the Jag won't cope when Grandad wants to come with us and he has to follow us in his car - so it seems 7 seats is the way to go.

There are several options, both in 4x4 and people mover types, so I've put together a wee spreadsheet of my research. Apologies if there are any inaccuracies.

For the techies - this was a .xls but I had to upload it as a .jpg due to BE file extension restrictions.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Cheers

Buzzy
we have the Kia Carnival, its great,we love it.
so much space.
Denise
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:32 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
we have the Kia Carnival, its great,we love it.
so much space.
Denise
You missed out the Kia Grand Carnival - a much larger version of the Kia Carnival - heaps of boot space even with all the seats up!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

We had a Vauxhall Zafira in the UK and liked it so much that we bought a Holden Zafira here. They were very popular in the UK but they do not seem to be very common here in Australia. It is great as it is a small people carrier with 5 seats and 2 seats at the rear that fold away flat into the floor if they are not required. We always found this handy as the seats have to be taken in or out of some people carriers, and with the Zafira the option to use them is always there. I was always using the extra seats in the UK when my children wanted friends round to play. I haven't needed to use the extra seats here yet as we are still billy-no-mates
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Hello,

May I share with everyone some research I have been doing comparing 7 seater vehicles available in Australia?

We will be looking to buy a 7 seater when we get to Oz, we are already finding here in the UK that the Jag won't cope when Grandad wants to come with us and he has to follow us in his car - so it seems 7 seats is the way to go.

There are several options, both in 4x4 and people mover types, so I've put together a wee spreadsheet of my research. Apologies if there are any inaccuracies.

For the techies - this was a .xls but I had to upload it as a .jpg due to BE file extension restrictions.

Cheers

Buzzy
Cheers Buzzy - thats really useful. any chance you can PM me with the excel
format ?

Thanks

Neil
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

lawrenson is an unknown quantity at this point

good info. thanks
We have a Hyundai Trajet in Uk and have been very pleased with it- lugging 3 teens and camping gear to Continent. Is the diesel available in OZ?
Old Jun 1st 2006, 6:57 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Originally Posted by wargod
Cheers for the info - the missus wants a 4x4 god knows why..... anyway you've missed her favourite off - Nissan Murano
(http://www.nissan.com.au/murano/) prices vary between $51000 - $56000 depending upon which version you want.
Err the reason I missed it off is because this is research about 7 seaters and I don't believe the Murano has 7 seats unless Nissan are keeping very quiet about it!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Cheers

Buzzy
i cant get your spread sheet up properley. Any ideas how i can?
Mandy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt.2006
We had a Vauxhall Zafira in the UK and liked it so much that we bought a Holden Zafira here. They were very popular in the UK but they do not seem to be very common here in Australia. It is great as it is a small people carrier with 5 seats and 2 seats at the rear that fold away flat into the floor if they are not required. We always found this handy as the seats have to be taken in or out of some people carriers, and with the Zafira the option to use them is always there. I was always using the extra seats in the UK when my children wanted friends round to play. I haven't needed to use the extra seats here yet as we are still billy-no-mates
Holden's website does not admit to the existence of this car!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:06 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nige37

You missed the Suzuki Grand Vitara, the new XL 7 is a lovely car
I have tried to track this car down as I know it exists but Suzuki Australia's website makes no reference to it.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:12 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
i cant get your spread sheet up properley. Any ideas how i can?
Mandy
It's just a picture Mandy so you should just be able to click on it - if you have email enabled on your profile I'll mail it to you.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:14 pm
Victorian Evangelist

OK I have updated the spreadsheet to include the Ford Territory.

Suzuki don't admit to the existence of the XL-7 on their website, nor do Holden admit to the existence of the Zafira.

The Kia carnival and Grand carnival seem to be counted as 1 model on Kia's site.

Here is the new spreadsheet in jpg form -

Cheers

Buzzy
Attached Thumbnails My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia-7-seaters.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:23 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

OK I have updated the spreadsheet to include the Ford Territory.

Suzuki don't admit to the existence of the XL-7 on their website, nor do Holden admit to the existence of the Zafira.

The Kia carnival and Grand carnival seem to be counted as 1 model on Kia's site.

Here is the new spreadsheet in jpg form -

Cheers

Buzzy
Just to give you the heads up on the price difference for the Kia Carnivals - my friend has just bought the Grand version and it was $40k brand new.

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Great spread sheet - am wondering though: how can there be a difference of almost $42,000 between new price min and new price max for Landcruiser 100?
Top price is for the Sahara model Diesel which has all upgrades.

Expect to pay $10 000 more for a diesel with Toyota but they use less fuel and hold their price for higher KMs too. Landcruiser has also got 8 seats. Average Landcrusier is
$60 000 + 10 k more for Diesel.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Base model vs luxury model with bigger engine and all the toys it would seem.

Cheers

Buzzy
Wow! Thats a BIG difference for a few comforts and toys!!!
Thanks for that though, has helped us a lot as we are looking to buy a bigger vehicle.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:28 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Err the reason I missed it off is because this is research about 7 seaters and I don't believe the Murano has 7 seats unless Nissan are keeping very quiet about it!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Doh good point!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.