Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Old May 31st 2006, 7:33 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Hello,

May I share with everyone some research I have been doing comparing 7 seater vehicles available in Australia?

We will be looking to buy a 7 seater when we get to Oz, we are already finding here in the UK that the Jag won't cope when Grandad wants to come with us and he has to follow us in his car - so it seems 7 seats is the way to go.

There are several options, both in 4x4 and people mover types, so I've put together a wee spreadsheet of my research. Apologies if there are any inaccuracies.

For the techies - this was a .xls but I had to upload it as a .jpg due to BE file extension restrictions.

EDIT 10TH JUNE 2007 - Please be aware the spreadsheet is now 1 year old and will therefore be probably fairly innacurate.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Cheers

Buzzy
Attached Thumbnails My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia-7-seaters.jpg  

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jun 10th 2007 at 12:59 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:58 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Thank you, this is great as we have been looking into this ourselves.

Great Info, thanks for the time and for sharing.

LJJ
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:59 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My research on 7 seater passenger vehicles available in Australia

Forgot to add, the extras I listed are often optional extras, the point I am making is that they are available if required.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

Ford Territory can have 3 rows of seats as well.. and unless i'm going blind it's not on the list.

IIRC it is about $1800 for the optional third row, and prices start abot $38k ish.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 5:16 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by galloping gaijin
Ford Territory can have 3 rows of seats as well.. and unless i'm going blind it's not on the list.

IIRC it is about $1800 for the optional third row, and prices start abot $38k ish.
Thanks mate. I'll update the spreadsheet.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 5:23 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

good reference guide,but people should think about whether they should drive a manual or automatic gearbox.

i had never driven an automatic till i got to Aus, and now i would never go back...so maybe thats something else to consider?

my car now is a Mazda tribute...a pretend 4x4
Old Jun 1st 2006, 5:24 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
good reference guide,but people should think about whether they should drive a manual or automatic gearbox.

i had never driven an automatic till i got to Aus, and now i would never go back...so maybe thats something else to consider?

my car now is a Mazda tribute...a pretend 4x4
All those vehicles are available in both I believe.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee]Hello,

May I share with everyone some research I have been doing comparing 7 seater vehicles available in Australia?

You missed the Suzuki Grand Vitara, the new XL 7 is a lovely car
Old Jun 1st 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Great spread sheet - am wondering though: how can there be a difference of almost $42,000 between new price min and new price max for Landcruiser 100?
Old Jun 1st 2006, 6:48 am
Victorian Evangelist

[QUOTE=Nige37]
Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hello,

You missed the Suzuki Grand Vitara, the new XL 7 is a lovely car
Ahhhh - the XL-7 is a variant of the Grand Vitara is it? I tried to find it on Suzuki's website but couldn't - will have another look.

Thanks for that.

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 6:49 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Great spread sheet - am wondering though: how can there be a difference of almost $42,000 between new price min and new price max for Landcruiser 100?
Base model vs luxury model with bigger engine and all the toys it would seem.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by galloping gaijin

We had a Ford Territory on lease for a while. Only problem with the rear 2 seats was that there wasn't a proper floor well so your feet were level with your bum. I'm not sure if that applies to all Territories - ours was new last August but I know they've changed the spec since then.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hello,

We will be looking to buy a 7 seater when we get to Oz, we are already finding here in the UK that the Jag won't cope when Grandad wants to come with us and he has to follow us in his car - so it seems 7 seats is the way to go.

There are several options, both in 4x4 and people mover types, so I've put together a wee spreadsheet of my research. Apologies if there are any inaccuracies.

For the techies - this was a .xls but I had to upload it as a .jpg due to BE file extension restrictions.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Cheers

Buzzy
Brilliant thanks. Did you know the Tarago is an 8 seater?

Flip
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:03 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the info - the missus wants a 4x4 god knows why..... anyway you've missed her favourite off - Nissan Murano
(http://www.nissan.com.au/murano/) prices vary between $51000 - $56000 depending upon which version you want.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:15 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

great info, many thanks
kat xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.