Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to all
Default Re: MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Day 28

Our last full day in Brisbane. I could hardly believe where the time had gone...4 weeks gone by in a flash. I was not ready to go home, I still had loads of things I wanted to see and do.

Jon woke up a bit of a hangover as he had managed to drink a litre and half of wine to himself the previous night ....oh dear

We went off to the pool for the last few hours as we had to get ready to take the hire car back.

We dropped Jons mum and the kids off at the South Bank and me and Jon took the car back. East Coast Rentals is only a short walk to Eagle Street Pier and Riverside so Jon and I took the city cat back to the South Bank.

It was a glorious afternoon and I couldn't believe that the next day we would be flying back to manchester! It was the last day of the Ashes in Brissy and there was a really good atmosphere around the place (even if we did lose that test). Everyone, seemed to be having a really good time. They had set up a big screen at the lagoon so people could watch the cricket while swimming or sunbathing. We met up with Jons mum and the kids for a little while and did a bit of shopping. In the evening Jon and I went off on our own again and had a meal along one of the riverside restaurants at the south bank. We decided that asian food was the order of the day so we ate at Wang Dynasty. The food and the service once again was excellent. The only thing that spoilt it a bit was that when it got dark we were sat outside and couldn't really see what we were eating. They need some little tea lights or something on the tables out side.

As we didn't want to come home Jon and I bought a lottery ticket...just in case!

Headed back to the Gateway as we have an early flight the next day and the taxi is picking us up at 6am.
excellent post loved it
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:56 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Issie,

glad you enjoyed the read. Well we have been home almost a week now and it seems as though I have never been away!

We are going to get xmas out of the way and then start to paint the house ready to put it up for sale. Hope to have it on the market by March. If all goes well we aim to be out by next August before Jasmine starts secondary school. We will be heading to the sunshine coast for starters and go from there!

How are your plans coming along?

jackie x

Fine .....just so much more relaxed since we got the visa. We go to Validate on the 5 th February , everything booked and paid for and have lots of spends too

Just cant wait to see it for myself...you have put a lot of pressure on me tho Jackie.......i mean how can i compare to your thread
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:04 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Fine .....just so much more relaxed since we got the visa. We go to Validate on the 5 th February , everything booked and paid for and have lots of spends too

Just cant wait to see it for myself...you have put a lot of pressure on me tho Jackie.......i mean how can i compare to your thread

Just do what I did...keep a daily diary. You will always have it to look back on too. Where are you going for your rekkie? February will be here before you know it!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:10 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Just do what I did...keep a daily diary. You will always have it to look back on too. Where are you going for your rekkie? February will be here before you know it!
9 weeks on Monday

Were going to Sydney for 5 nights and then Perth for 16 nights.....wish we could have added Melbourne into the rekkie but time and money had alot to do with it
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 11:58 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic reccie report Jackie - but I'm getting nothing else done you naughty girl

Lou
xx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:14 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs JFW,

even for us not living in or going to Oz this was fun to read - sound like you had a blast.

I take it you're wanting to go now more than ever?!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:20 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Day 29 - Back to Manchester

So there you have it. Our journey back was equally as good as our outbound journey but I was not as excited for obvious reasons. No swimming in the pool at changi this time as it was raining.

When we landed at Manchester I went straight to the shop at the airport to buy some milk so we could have a cup of coffee when we got home....oh and I bought Jons mum a Daily Mail!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I had a fantastic time...we all did!
ah mate this has been a brilliant thread, thanks for writing it Jackie
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jackie, I've really enjoyed reading all about your reccie

How's it feel to be back in Manchester when we got back to Heathrow we couldn't believe how grey and dirty everything looked and all squashed together
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody ell mate am exhausted reading everything you have done. You had such a goodtime. will be good to have you on the sunshine coast (when we get there). catch up for soon hun x
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:35 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

What a cracking read! Really enjoyed it Jackie and so informative.

Im sorry its had to come to the end, I was really enjoying it.

Joex
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:30 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Just do what I did...keep a daily diary. You will always have it to look back on too.

I recently found the diary i kept when i went backpacking back in 1995 - id forgotten a lot of it ... it really brought back some fantastic memories, so id say diaries are an excellent idea!

fab thread jackie, its been brilliant reading about your trip! get yourselves over to the sheffield meet next saturday and bring yer piccies!!!

sue xx
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
I recently found the diary i kept when i went backpacking back in 1995 - id forgotten a lot of it ... it really brought back some fantastic memories, so id say diaries are an excellent idea!

fab thread jackie, its been brilliant reading about your trip! get yourselves over to the sheffield meet next saturday and bring yer piccies!!!

sue xx
fight you for her sue - its the manchester meet next saturday too!!!! lol
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:24 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Hi Jackie,

You'll be here before you know it! We've been here 3 months and the time has flown past.

Seems a long way from Sainsburys in Denton! (And, no, we don't miss it)

Cheers,

Christine
Old Dec 4th 2006, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Day 29 - Back to Manchester

So there you have it. Our journey back was equally as good as our outbound journey but I was not as excited for obvious reasons. No swimming in the pool at changi this time as it was raining.

When we landed at Manchester I went straight to the shop at the airport to buy some milk so we could have a cup of coffee when we got home....oh and I bought Jons mum a Daily Mail!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I had a fantastic time...we all did!
Awesome reccie and log. loved reading it !

Good luck with the move.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

great read jackie, it's taken me days but i've got to the end..... you certainly enjoyed your time there. we're just at the start of applying - a long way to go yet but we hope to be in australia sometime in 2007. Hoping to go to either Brisbane or the Gold Coast, not decided yet.

Lynn