Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:56 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Day 8
The walk was about a mile and we sort of just headed off in search of the waterfall. Well there we were walking through this bushland me in my flip flops on my guard for snakes and other nasty critters. It was tough going especially as jons mum had a bad knee. Anyway we were keen to see this waterfall.......

After walking for about 45 minutes we came to what I think was supposed to be the waterfall. Much to our amazement and I really don't know why.....

....the water fall didn't exsist despite the torrential rain the day before. Well I found this quite funny, but jons mum wasn't amused!
We went on the same hike to see the waterfall last year and it wasn't there then either we were worried as our youngest and our friends youngest were playing hide and seek in the undergrowth at the side of the tracks :scared: but the only wildlife we saw were some freaky hikers
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:06 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

this post is better than day time t.v!!! please could we have the next episode. your fans await.......... .

traceyx
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:39 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

sorry everyone...I'm back on nights tonight for 3 nights so went to bed after school run this morning, I've been sleeping all day. Will try and do an update as much as I can. I'm glad you are enjoying it....its quite therapeutic writing this ....almost like I am there all over again!

Day 16 (week 3)

Just had a lazy day today spent it around the pool but as it was 33 degrees decided not to stay out all day so we went shopping to Springwood Shopping Centre. Lots of lovely shops the kids enjoyed spending their money....so did jons mum. After a bit of lunch it was straight back to the pool. A non eventful evening was had by all as we just got a take out and watched good ol aussie TV.

I am really surprised how BIG Jamie Oliver is out there...does this guy never see his family! By the way who won Australian Idol the kids are dying to know?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

sorry everyone...I'm back on nights tonight for 3 nights so went to bed after school run this morning, I've been sleeping all day. Will try and do an update as much as I can. I'm glad you are enjoying it....its quite therapeutic writing this ....almost like I am there all over again!

Day 16 (week 3)

Just had a lazy day today spent it around the pool but as it was 33 degrees decided not to stay out all day so we went shopping to Springwood Shopping Centre. Lots of lovely shops the kids enjoyed spending their money....so did jons mum. After a bit of lunch it was straight back to the pool. A non eventful evening was had by all as we just got a take out and watched good ol aussie TV.

I am really surprised how BIG Jamie Oliver is out there...does this guy never see his family! By the way who won Australian Idol the kids are dying to know?
The Irish guy of course!!
Tracie
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:54 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Day 17 - Australia Zoo Day

No one can take a trip to Brissy and not go to Aussie Zoo can they? So up we were bright and early. We took the wrong highway and went up the pacific highway instead of the gateway but it took us through some of the northern suburbs which was nice to get a glimpse of.

When we arrived there were no queues so we just went straight in...after Jasmine had her photo taken with a koala first. This was by far my favourite of all the 'theme' parks we had been to so far. It felt a bit sad too as we were all huge Steve Irwin fans. Anyway we all loved the array of wildlife, Elephants, Tigers, Wombats, Tasie Devils. But of course the best bit is the crocodile show in the crocoseum! This also incorporated a snake show and a bird show. The shows were very educational which I liked.

The animal enclosures were excellent and you could see that the animals were extremely well looked after and cared for. There were lots of staff around so if you had questions they could answer them for you. We took a look at the Steve Irwin memorial area....almost brought a tear to my eye. Its not in anyway morbid as you can tell they want to continue his good work and still speak about him with very high regard for what he achieved.

What I liked too was that profits made from sales of gifts in the shops all goes back into conservation. We all had an excellent day out and this was by far the best value day out we had. I would recommend this visit to anyone, we all loved it. Took loads of pictures...again I hope they come out.

We made our way home but stopped off at the Glen Hotel for our tea. We have found it cheaper to eat out here and the portions are huge! Anyone staying at the Gateway...take a visit to the Glen Hotel!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:57 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
The Irish guy of course!!
Tracie

Damien? well wouldn't you know it!
How are you Tracie, sounds like you are having a ball. Will email you when i get a spare minute, looking forward to hearing all your news. As you can probably tell we had a fantastic time in Bris. Good luck with your job too..are the Irish taking over Oz?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Damien? well wouldn't you know it!
How are you Tracie, sounds like you are having a ball. Will email you when i get a spare minute, looking forward to hearing all your news. As you can probably tell we had a fantastic time in Bris. Good luck with your job too..are the Irish taking over Oz?
Didn't ya know we're slowly taking over the world
Tracie
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:21 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Absolutely fabulous post, can't wait to read more. Hoping to be in Brisbane early next year, will definitely be visiting some of the places you mention - sounds fantastic can't wait!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Day 17 - Australia Zoo Day

No one can take a trip to Brissy and not go to Aussie Zoo can they? So up we were bright and early. We took the wrong highway and went up the pacific highway instead of the gateway but it took us through some of the northern suburbs which was nice to get a glimpse of.

When we arrived there were no queues so we just went straight in...after Jasmine had her photo taken with a koala first. This was by far my favourite of all the 'theme' parks we had been to so far. It felt a bit sad too as we were all huge Steve Irwin fans. Anyway we all loved the array of wildlife, Elephants, Tigers, Wombats, Tasie Devils. But of course the best bit is the crocodile show in the crocoseum! This also incorporated a snake show and a bird show. The shows were very educational which I liked.

The animal enclosures were excellent and you could see that the animals were extremely well looked after and cared for. There were lots of staff around so if you had questions they could answer them for you. We took a look at the Steve Irwin memorial area....almost brought a tear to my eye. Its not in anyway morbid as you can tell they want to continue his good work and still speak about him with very high regard for what he achieved.

What I liked too was that profits made from sales of gifts in the shops all goes back into conservation. We all had an excellent day out and this was by far the best value day out we had. I would recommend this visit to anyone, we all loved it. Took loads of pictures...again I hope they come out.

We made our way home but stopped off at the Glen Hotel for our tea. We have found it cheaper to eat out here and the portions are huge! Anyone staying at the Gateway...take a visit to the Glen Hotel!

Cant wait for the photos Jackie. So envious we never got time to venture to the zoo

Hope you have a quiet night shift and access to a PC so you can continue with the adventure.
Mandy
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:01 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Great post Jackie-have a good night shift.Look forward to the next installment!
Andrea
Old Nov 30th 2006, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG :scared: she's wrote her life history lol

hey I am sorry we couldn't meet you hun. Illness and all that. I am so glad you had the hol of a life time and now you can see where your life is about to begin.

How fab

Put the kettle on I'll be over in an hour lol

love lace xxxx
Old Nov 30th 2006, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Jackie, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip ...hope there is more to come. I went in the Cuckoo clock house on Mount Tambourine, I must have spent a couple of hours in there...too expensive for me ...so I ended up buying a cow bell We are going to Queensland for two weeks on February 28th. One week in Surfers and one week in Noosa, I have been before but my OH hasn't so he is looking forward to it. Did you go to Maleny?...everyone tells me how nice it is and I haven't been there as yet so looking forward to that ....look forward very much to your next installment, you are doing a very good job...Bindi
Old Nov 30th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Cant wait for the photos Jackie. So envious we never got time to venture to the zoo

Hope you have a quiet night shift and access to a PC so you can continue with the adventure.
Mandy

Nor did we as we arrived in Brissie the day before Steve died,and we were staying 10 mins away from the zoo
Kids were really upset

Anyway great reccie post
Jo
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Jons mum liked it here she felt it was a bit like Tenerife!

Don't you love MIL's when mine was over she commented on the pavements around Main Beach not being as nice as those in Benidorm

I kid you not

Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie - Damien leith won australian pop idol by the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.