Reload this Page >

Moving to Perth australia

Moving to Perth australia

Old Oct 22nd 2015, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Hayley1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Perth australia

Hi

Just looking for some advice. My partner, myself and two children aged 5 are looking at moving to Perth next year, as we have family there for support. I am a registered nurse and partner is a sales manager in cars. We would be hoping to go over with initial 20 thousand pounds. I have spoken to an agency regarding visa's and should be able to get a skilled visa that would allow us to have residency. Does this allow for cheaper childcare Etc? Does anyone know the standard earning for nurses in Perth and the shift patterns? Is it easy to locate a job? Has anybody else done this move with small children and can anyone give me any advise on moving from the uk? Thanks hayley x
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Perth australia

Hi Hayley and welcome to the forum.
There are many of us that have made the move in similar circumstances.
I don't live in Perth, but do live in WA - I am in Mandurah which is a small seaside city 60km south of Perth.
First, yes, generally nurses are eligible for a visa. However, are you degree or diploma qualified?
At age 5, your children would be in school.
While generally, nursing has been in demand in WA, that does seem to be trailing off and the government have just announced a significant number of redundancies from the new hospital. Though it has not yet said where these redundancies will be made.
Regards to money, does your 20k include the costs for visas, flights, shipping and things? Or is that a budget after all that is paid for?
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by verystormy
Hi Hayley and welcome to the forum.
There are many of us that have made the move in similar circumstances.
I don't live in Perth, but do live in WA - I am in Mandurah which is a small seaside city 60km south of Perth.
First, yes, generally nurses are eligible for a visa. However, are you degree or diploma qualified?
At age 5, your children would be in school.
While generally, nursing has been in demand in WA, that does seem to be trailing off and the government have just announced a significant number of redundancies from the new hospital. Though it has not yet said where these redundancies will be made.
Regards to money, does your 20k include the costs for visas, flights, shipping and things? Or is that a budget after all that is paid for?

Hi thanks for your reply. The 20k would be after flights, visa's and shipping. with regards to schools is their any lea way on how quick they need to start school before due to moving? I have been to mandura, it's a beautiful place. That would be a tough one with regards to jobs, is there anyway that you know of about applying for jobs before or left or contacting local hospitals? I have a first class honours and 20 months experience in acute care? X
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Try seek.com.au for jobs and this is the website for the new hospitalHome
Old Oct 24th 2015, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks x