Moving to OZ with older kids

Moving to OZ with older kids

Old May 7th 2017, 2:06 pm
JCP
Just Joined

JCP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to OZ with older kids

Hi,
We have lived in Australia before, but are planning on returning once the our eldest child has completed ALevels. Just wondering if anyone has moved with their child at this age and if ALevels/Btecs are ok for Ozzie uni's? My son eventually wants to go into the Navy, but for OZ you need to be a citizen first. We have PR visas.
Thanks x
Old May 7th 2017, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to OZ with older kids

A levels are just fine for Australian Universities
Old May 9th 2017, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

spence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nice

Hi there, we moved over almost 2 years ago when my daughter had just completed her higher exams in Scotland. When we arrived she went back into school starting year 11 in September.

At the end of the year she had the option of starting over again in year 11 or going into year 12. She chose to carry on into year 12 and her higher grade results from Scotland were counted as credits towards her VCE.

With hindsight she wishes she had started year 11 over again as her ATAR score came out quite low even though her grades are pretty good. Her opinion is the credit for her Scottish grades contributed to this.

Bear in mind if you don't already know that without citizenship you don't qualify for HECS-help (student loan) and have to pay the uni fees upfront. We're currently paying just over $6k a year to put my daughter through uni
Old May 12th 2017, 2:21 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spence501
Bear in mind if you don't already know that without citizenship you don't qualify for HECS-help (student loan) and have to pay the uni fees upfront. We're currently paying just over $6k a year to put my daughter through uni
Also bear in mind that if the proposals go through ( and I think this bit will) then permanent residents will no longer be able to have CSP places but will be full-fee paying students only (a jump from circa $6k to circa $20-30k) BUT will be able to get loans for this. Students currently enrolled will continue as they are.