Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Oz for a little while :)

Moving to Oz for a little while :)

Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:29 pm

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Oz for a little while :)

Hi

I'm going to Oz on first october (eek haven't sorted ANYTHING out yet)

I'm only going until maybe july next year then going to Canada. I'm looking to primarily - have a laugh and secondly to work and get a bit of cash behind me. Work and play hard so to speak. I'm an IT infrastructure engineer.

Where would be a good place to go?

Thankie poos!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:43 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz for a little while :)

Fist of all Thankie poos do you have a working visa?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:48 pm

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes of course. A year working holiday one!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:58 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Good man.

OK then it's all about what kind of work you're likely to get on a temp visa. Chances are you're not likely to get it in your line of work as most employers don't want to invest short term.

I would think mostly hospitality kind of work - in which case maybe stick to some of the big cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide. In fact you might want to travel to each for a look-see

Enjoy your time
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zRichi
Hi

I'm going to Oz on first october (eek haven't sorted ANYTHING out yet)

I'm only going until maybe july next year then going to Canada. I'm looking to primarily - have a laugh and secondly to work and get a bit of cash behind me. Work and play hard so to speak. I'm an IT infrastructure engineer.

Where would be a good place to go?

Thankie poos!
If you want to play, I'd suggest Byron Bay... Google it

Kim