moving to oz

Old Mar 24th 2014, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

airbornepara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to oz

Hi everyone new to this site, my wife and I and eldest son are considering a move to Australia
We are both in our 40's son 19.
It's not necessarily for financial gain rather a better way of life.
I am ex military and working in civvy street in uk as an hgv class 1 truck driver wife is a qualified pharmacy technician.
We are just at the thinking about it stage,
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
We were thinking of somewhere rural, and don't mind a fixer upper lol
Somewhere warm please?
Like I say, any help or advice would be great, many thanks
Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to oz

My advice is to look into the visa situation first, I am not clear what path you have. As an HGV driver you would not be eligible so it is down to your wife, she needs to check the occupation lists, take a points test and see if she can pass skills assessment.

Also as your son is over 18 he needs to be dependent upon you to go on your application. Dependency is best demonstrated by being in full time education, is that the case? Living at home, perhaps on a low salary is unlikely to be sufficient evidence by itself.

Good you are not moving for financial gain! Emigrating is expensive and Australia is a very expensive place to live in. Think hard about what you mean by better life though, it is a rather tired old cliche and few people that are actually here would be able to explain what it means ... even the ones that are happy with the move.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:27 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: moving to oz

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
few people that are actually here would be able to explain what it means
Same shit shinier bucket is the best one I've heard.

BB
Old Mar 24th 2014, 9:16 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

If your wife's skills don't cut the mustard, your military experience might be enough to get you into the Australian army.

My advice to anyone thinking of emigrating here is to first come over on a fact finding trip. The streets are not painted with gold - in fact in some ways it's tougher to get by here but once settled, etc a good life can be had.

The shinier bucket analogy definitely applies.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 11:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So Italy, France, Canada and USA are now out of the question?

Really. Where do you want to live? Just posting the same thing in every forum is not going to get you anywhere. Decide where you want to go and concentrate on that.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

dashingjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm... I guess you should try to make your son independent by having him to decide on his will. If he wants you to migrate then it's fine but look first for some great opportunity for him. There are a lot of work when moving from one place to another (visa and other stuffs).
Old Jul 26th 2014, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Heading_Baltimore is an unknown quantity at this point

Dorothy you can't blame him, he is liking for advice to enable him make a fuller decision as per where he would live. Canada, Australia, the UK and some part of Europe are great, at least. However, OP may be fed up of the UK and wants a change. After all 'who dare wins' lol!

My advise to OP is do your research (which you are doing), and take time off to visit one or two of your choice countries. You may be able to tell if it for you, then proceed.Your wife may be the lead applicant though. Good luck.