Reload this Page >

MOVING TO MELBOURNE

MOVING TO MELBOURNE

Old Sep 9th 2013, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

AshleighMcCulloch is an unknown quantity at this point
Question MOVING TO MELBOURNE

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help.
My boyfriend and I are desperate to immigrate over to Melbourne after spending a year there working and living.
We have recently had a Skype call to NationalVisas who basically gave us our options.
Scott(24) Landscape Gardener
Myself, Ashleigh(22) Admin Assistant
We either need a 457 sponsorship which is for mainly Scott or a regional sponsorship for me.
Can anyone help as to where I might find info on these or if anyone knows companies that will sponsor us.
We both have great references that can be emailed.
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVING TO MELBOURNE

Well I am not sure you have had great advice there. Firstly, I do not believe that there will be any options for you at all, as last time I looked administration type occupations were not on the skills list.

Landscape gardener is on the CSOL which means that skilled migration is possible if you can secure sponsorship from one of the states. You should check all the sponsorship lists to see if any are (google NSW state sponsorship, QLD state sponsorship etc).

If none of the states are sponsoring then skilled migration is not an option at the moment and you do need employer sponsorship. It is more common for that to be temporary visa sponsorship than permanent but I don't know why you were told only the 457 is an option, if an occupation qualifies for the 457 visa then it also qualifies for permanent visa sponsorship.

There are no tricks to looking for jobs though, you just have to get trawling through the job sites like www.seek.com.au and yellow pages and hope you strike lucky.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

AshleighMcCulloch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your advice.
I will get onto the job sites asap and email people.
We hope so too.
Thanks again
Old Sep 9th 2013, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AshleighMcCulloch
Thanks so much for your advice.
I will get onto the job sites asap and email people.
We hope so too.
Thanks again
And check the state lists, that is the other thing you might as well do.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

If you are considering applying for state sponsorship as a landscape gardenenr, you would need to have a skills assessment, so worth checking out whether or not you would be able to pass that.