Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving Inter-State

Moving Inter-State

Old Jul 17th 2014, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

fromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nice
Default Moving Inter-State

Hi,
My parents are wanting to move from Melbourne to Toowoomba (QLD and about 2 hours inland from Brisbane). Can anyone suggest how they should do this (boat / container or van) and could you recommend anyone in particular too use? They are about an hour east of Melbourne.
Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2014, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Inter-State

Originally Posted by fromthetoon
Hi,
My parents are wanting to move from Melbourne to Toowoomba (QLD and about 2 hours inland from Brisbane). Can anyone suggest how they should do this (boat / container or van) and could you recommend anyone in particular too use? They are about an hour east of Melbourne.
Thanks

We are moving from QLD to melb, some stuff has gone down with one son already. Phone Quotes to get some idea to move a lightly furnished 5 bed house were around 4 -7 K

I think we could have moved overseas cheaper.

We are thinking of hiring a truck and driving it down, but they screw you as most charge by the klm.

Really need to find a more reasonable price, its just ridiculous.

Those who have moved let us know the answer please!
Old Jul 18th 2014, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
We are moving from QLD to melb, some stuff has gone down with one son already. Phone Quotes to get some idea to move a lightly furnished 5 bed house were around 4 -7 K

I think we could have moved overseas cheaper.

We are thinking of hiring a truck and driving it down, but they screw you as most charge by the klm.

Really need to find a more reasonable price, its just ridiculous.

Those who have moved let us know the answer please!
That's about what it cost us from Sydney to Gold Coast - think we moved from UK to Sydney for a similar amount.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

fromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nice

Thanks to you both. Sounds a little more expensive than I thought. I would imagine they charge you for driving through each state!
Old Jul 20th 2014, 10:24 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to you both. Sounds a little more expensive than I thought. I would imagine they charge you for driving through each state!
Were you quoted on direct move from Melbourne, or a backload from Melbourne to Toowoomba?
Why don't you contact removalists in Toowoomba, and see if they have can back-load from Melbourne. I'm sure they will deal to save having to bring back an empty truck.

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ss...ba+removalists

Budget Interstate Backloading and Removals | Carnall Removals

Removalists Toowoomba
Old Jul 21st 2014, 4:45 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

We moved from Qld to NSW - they loaded it into a container and it came by train.

The whole thing was as expensive as when we moved from York to Qld in the first place, but Himself's new employer was paying so we didn't really care
Old Jul 21st 2014, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

We used Kent Moving and Storage - from Sydney to Sunshine Coast. It was expensive, but we had to store our stuff for 7 months in between. Their storage costs were much less than self storage and everything was held in the container - so no risk of damage with additional loading and unloading.

But yes, the move itself was about as much as moving from the UK!
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

dashingjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving Inter-State

We used Stack Removals and Storage for our move last year. They were really professional and very much careful with our furnitures and stuffs. We also like their service because they really provide quality service. I think that having a great company in moving makes the move easier and lot better because they have the equipments that can make their clients calls them again and again. Oh! And by the way it's your own choice on which company you want to contract with.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 25th 2014 at 12:59 pm. Reason: signature not showing on post for some reason
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dashingjames
We used Stack Removals and Storage for our move last year. They were really professional and very much careful with our furnitures and stuffs. We also like their service because they really provide quality service. I think that having a great company in moving makes the move easier and lot better because they have the equipments that can make their clients calls them again and again. Oh! And by the way it's your own choice on which company you want to contract with.
James, I'm glad that you've now added a link to this company in your signature, so that people know that you actually have a connection with the company.

I know you're new on BE, if you haven't already you need to read the site rules about advertising.

The reason I'm commenting on the above post you made is because it appears to be deceptive - you say you used the company, how great the company is and you recommend it, without disclosing your interest in it. People ask questions on BE in good faith, and are looking for people's honest opinions - if they wanted an advertisement they'd look in the Yellow Pages. To be honest, pretending to be an ordinary customer of a company you have an interest in it leaves a very bad impression and can actually make people disinclined to trust that company.

As I say, glad you've now added the company's link in your signature
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

dashingjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks!
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
James, I'm glad that you've now added a link to this company in your signature, so that people know that you actually have a connection with the company.

I know you're new on BE, if you haven't already you need to read the site rules about advertising.

The reason I'm commenting on the above post you made is because it appears to be deceptive - you say you used the company, how great the company is and you recommend it, without disclosing your interest in it. People ask questions on BE in good faith, and are looking for people's honest opinions - if they wanted an advertisement they'd look in the Yellow Pages. To be honest, pretending to be an ordinary customer of a company you have an interest in it leaves a very bad impression and can actually make people disinclined to trust that company.

As I say, glad you've now added the company's link in your signature
indeed
Old Jul 26th 2014, 2:56 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

If they've not got loads of furniture those u haul things that you can hire from the servo are popular I know a few that moved from qld to nsw like that. When I've moved I've always had new employers cover the cost.