Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Gold Coast

Moving to the Gold Coast

Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Moving to the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by shiels

Bit like Robina itself then!!! X
Tell them its full up!!!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:03 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sheilas Wheels
Tell them its full up!!!
pac pines is overflowing lol

lesley x
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

Heard that there renaming it Pommie Pines
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by humpy
Heard that there renaming it Pommie Pines
yes they should really shouldnt they or expat haven lol

lesley x
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

We are also hoping to be out to the GC sometime early 2010 depending on the visa of course!! Choices Choices P.Pines/Coomera/Robina/Helensvale are all areas that we have good things about so we will prob wait until we get out before deciding. We also have two little ones 6 and 3 so need to consider schools and childcare. Desperate now to make the move!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

DebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wmckellar
G'day,

I see there are a lot of new british people moving to Brisbane any new comers to the Gold Coast?

Tried Brissie.....not good very klee kie . . .Gold Coast everyday.
Hi All
We are a family of 4 kids 11 and 4 and are planning to move to GC soon. just completing our house sale and going into rented next month

We have our PR and have reg with QNC going to be looking for a job at GC hospital or robina just have to update the ol Cv soon (when nights are done and r coherent again!!!) Does any one know what the job situation is like for nurses at the mo????
Debbie x
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by DebandPaul
Hi All
We are a family of 4 kids 11 and 4 and are planning to move to GC soon. just completing our house sale and going into rented next month

We have our PR and have reg with QNC going to be looking for a job at GC hospital or robina just have to update the ol Cv soon (when nights are done and r coherent again!!!) Does any one know what the job situation is like for nurses at the mo????
Debbie x
plenty jobs for nurses over here you shouldnt have any problems finding work robina helensvale and pac pines are all nice areas to live too
lesley x
Old Jun 24th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

for nursing jobs with Qld government have a look at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
and then chose the area you wish to look in..
good luck.
Gold coast is
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

DebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant futureDebandPaul has a brilliant future

thanks to Lesley and sa2 for replies

I like the look of Helenvale, Parkwood and Robina woods areas liked Pac pines too but thought it just a little too far from Hospital but do-able if getting train to Robina (I can't Drive)

Managed a reckie in march and loved all the above areas can't believe how green eveywhere was compared to other places I have been in Australia

looked on the web site suggested all band 7 stuff so may start with an expression of interest and see how it goes but will keep a look out

I have worked in Poccu for last 8 months (not sure how much experiance I would be expected to have to be offered an ITU job??) befre that I did 5years hepato-billary surgical ward and HDU so looking for something along those lines

Deb x
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

thanks to Lesley and sa2 for replies

I like the look of Helenvale, Parkwood and Robina woods areas liked Pac pines too but thought it just a little too far from Hospital but do-able if getting train to Robina (I can't Drive)

Managed a reckie in march and loved all the above areas can't believe how green eveywhere was compared to other places I have been in Australia

looked on the web site suggested all band 7 stuff so may start with an expression of interest and see how it goes but will keep a look out

I have worked in Poccu for last 8 months (not sure how much experiance I would be expected to have to be offered an ITU job??) befre that I did 5years hepato-billary surgical ward and HDU so looking for something along those lines

Deb x
My wife works at Robina Hospital, If you lived in parts of Robina or Mudgeeraba you could walk to work in about 20 minutes
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by humpy
My wife works at Robina Hospital, If you lived in parts of Robina or Mudgeeraba you could walk to work in about 20 minutes
Hi Humpy

that sounds ideal would love to walk or cycle to work as would be free of public transport as have an hour each way at moment

I did like Robina great schools too - never ventured into Mudgeeraba althrough its only nextdoor is there much differerence between the two areas?

where I end up is prop going to near to where I get a job but there appear to be several great areas around the GC

Deb xx
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Humpy

that sounds ideal would love to walk or cycle to work as would be free of public transport as have an hour each way at moment

I did like Robina great schools too - never ventured into Mudgeeraba althrough its only nextdoor is there much differerence between the two areas?

where I end up is prop going to near to where I get a job but there appear to be several great areas around the GC

Deb xx

Mudgeeraba is more acreage houses (country feel), with small housing developments in it and Robina is more of a suburb. Some of the plots in Robina are very large though and some back onto golf courses etc so give you the feel of acreage.

I'd rather bike from Robina than further out in Mudgeeraba

Robina is very, very nice but the Robina school isn't great at all (high school) however, most houses in Robina are in Varsity College catchment.

Last edited by sammyg; Jun 30th 2009 at 9:53 am.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Mudgeeraba is more acreage houses (country feel), with small housing developments in it and Robina is more of a suburb. Some of the plots in Robina are very large though and some back onto golf courses etc so give you the feel of acreage.

I'd rather bike from Robina than further out in Mudgeeraba

Robina is very, very nice but the Robina school isn't great at all (high school) however, most houses in Robina are in Varsity College catchment.
Might give you a feeling of space but hardly a feel of Mudgeeraba acreage properties.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Might give you a feeling of space but hardly a feel of Mudgeeraba acreage properties.
ouch!!!!!

So you speak from experience then Moneypenny? have you lived in a house in Robina backing onto the golf course? i haven't but i've been in one and seen and felt how beautiful it is - very similar to the feel of acreage.

We seriously considered acreage before we chose where we live but it was simply impractical with a near teenager, 2 working parents who don't have the time to maintain the property and grounds...

our choice was to be near the sea, amenities etc, therefore that discounts acreage...when we are older we will probably see the benefit of acreage but until then we are happy living in a developing suburb.

Again, i was just helping someone with advice, anyone would think you had a problem with me?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
ouch!!!!!

So you speak from experience then Moneypenny? have you lived in a house in Robina backing onto the golf course? i haven't but i've been in one and seen and felt how beautiful it is - very similar to the feel of acreage.

We seriously considered acreage before we chose where we live but it was simply impractical with a near teenager, 2 working parents who don't have the time to maintain the property and grounds...

our choice was to be near the sea, amenities etc, therefore that discounts acreage...when we are older we will probably see the benefit of acreage but until then we are happy living in a developing suburb.

Again, i was just helping someone with advice, anyone would think you had a problem with me?
Don't think I've ever responded to a post by you before but forgive me if I'm wrong. I'm not disputing your thoughts on acreage or what's best for you but you seem a bit defensive. I have no knowledge of where you live or why other than your comments above. My point was a Robina block backing onto a golf course is unlike any Mudgeeraba acreage property I've ever seen and I've seen a few when property hunting. You disagree, so what? I'm just giving someone my point of view, just like you are. Am I not allowed ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.