Reload this Page >

Moving from Dubai

Moving from Dubai

Old Feb 6th 2024, 8:24 am
Just Joined

sarvat is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Moving from Dubai

Hi
We are a family of 3 chidren with youngest 5year old . We have got out 491 visa and currently live in dubai since 19 years. We are totallt cofused where to move and how do you manage to find whoch school is good for the kids. We are from the IT background. We are eligible to live in Adelaide, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Geelong or Perth
Old Feb 6th 2024, 8:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Dubai

Originally Posted by sarvat
Hi
We are a family of 3 chidren with youngest 5year old . We have got out 491 visa and currently live in dubai since 19 years. We are totallt cofused where to move and how do you manage to find whoch school is good for the kids. We are from the IT background. We are eligible to live in Adelaide, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Geelong or Perth
Were you sponsored by family?
Old Feb 6th 2024, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Were you sponsored by family?
We allied for PR and they granted us so we are thinking of moving end if this year ..
​​​​​​
Old Feb 6th 2024, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Hi you might want to start with where you can get work then look at schooling and homes etc in your 419 visa do you have to pay for schooling and medical expenses if you do have to pay then you would have to factor that into which schools areas you can afford to live in. Good luck
Old Feb 6th 2024, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

We arrested confused about where to move as my husband will work for the same company remotely with some trips every 3 months to the head office . I was thinking of geelong or Adelaide. What would be your suggestion
Old Feb 7th 2024, 6:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

We allied for PR and they granted us so we are thinking of moving end if this year ..
​​​​​​
Your first post stated 491 visa which is a provisional visa. It is either family sponsored, or state nominated.

If it is state nominated, then you need to live and work in that state.

Edit - if you do not follow the rules of your visa, you can be deported.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 6:56 am
Just Joined

I am sponsored by my husabnd. He will work remotely for the same organisation . We are allowed
Adelaide, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Geelong or Perth
we are confused between perth andn adelaide as i am concerned about the schooling. Right no wmy kids to a britsh curriculum school.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 6:56 am
Just Joined

I am sponsored by my husabnd. He will work remotely for the same organisation . We are allowed
we are confused between perth andn adelaide as i am concerned about the schooling. Right no wmy kids to a britsh curriculum school.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 6:59 am

What you are suggesting is not possible with 491 visa unless sponsored by family - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...rovisional-491

How did your husband get his visa?
Old Feb 7th 2024, 7:04 am
Just Joined

We did the Ielts and got on points.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 7:16 am

We did the Ielts and got on points.
You really need to check which visa, and how.

If it is 491, and state nominated then you need to live in that state and that state only.
It still requires IELTS, and minimum points but is provisional. If you do not meet criteria, you will not be able to make it permanent and can be deported.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 11:13 am
Just Joined

You really need to check which visa, and how.

If it is 491, and state nominated then you need to live in that state and that state only.
It still requires IELTS, and minimum points but is provisional. If you do not meet criteria, you will not be able to make it permanent and can be deported.
Thanks will check if they have mentioned the regional already for us . How do you go about selecting the school?
Old Feb 7th 2024, 7:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks will check if they have mentioned the regional already for us . How do you go about selecting the school?
You need to establish exactly which visa you are holding, so that you know where you can live, before you get to selecting a school. The cities you have mentioned so far are scattered across different States even, and each State has differences in their educational systems.
Come back and let us know definitely which visa you are on, and which State you will be in, then we can help more
Old Feb 9th 2024, 9:07 pm

I checked my visa grant notice but it only mentions state sponsored - not which state. Not the same visa class as yours, but I knew I applied direct to South Australia. This is why I live in the Adelaide area but have been in a few suburbs which were initially dependent on where I could afford to rent and fairly central as I was not sure where I would find work.

Unless paying for private schooling, schools will be dependent on where you live - and finding a home is very challenging - limited rentals / expensive to buy

Getting back to your husbands visa, he will know if he applied to / nominated a state. And not all occupations are open to sponsorship in every state or have additional criteria. Hopefully you can narrow it down from there.
Old Feb 10th 2024, 1:00 am
Just Joined

I checked my visa grant notice but it only mentions state sponsored - not which state. Not the same visa class as yours, but I knew I applied direct to South Australia. This is why I live in the Adelaide area but have been in a few suburbs which were initially dependent on where I could afford to rent and fairly central as I was not sure where I would find work.

Unless paying for private schooling, schools will be dependent on where you live - and finding a home is very challenging - limited rentals / expensive to buy

Getting back to your husbands visa, he will know if he applied to / nominated a state. And not all occupations are open to sponsorship in every state or have additional criteria. Hopefully you can narrow it down from there.
hi thanks so much . Our visa too says designated regions but no name as such but initially the approval came from Adelaide . So we are thinking of starting with Adelaide and maybe in the long run decide what to do
yes houses are limited . We are first looking at the schools then to rent in the catchment. Is that better? Becoz work as I mentioned will be remote for my husband and I’ll look for something once settled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.