Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Australia as a qualified electrician?

Moving to Australia as a qualified electrician?

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 4:04 am
Just Joined

herobear69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Australia as a qualified electrician?

I believe that's the case dz1993, one thing I would advise however is to bring all your certificates and references with you, one thing that has been mentioned in this post earlier is that you might not have enough experience back in England to get you on the courses to transfer your qualifications over to the Australian quals, its something to keep in mind before you come and maybe research
Old Mar 5th 2015, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Dz1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Australia as a qualified electrician?

Thanks mate but it shouldn't make a difference how much experience I've got if only working as a trades assistant.. Also I've been on the QLD website and it's illegal to preform electrical work without a license or permit.

But do I fall under this
Electrical apprentices, trainees or students of electrical work supervised by teaching staff do not need to hold a permit while training..

With my whv and White card?? I've been looking at trade assistant jobs in Brisbane there's not to many out there but there's loads in Sydney and else where.. Is there a different law in QLD or I'm I just not looking hard enough