Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving To Australia

Moving To Australia

Old Apr 27th 2016, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Lorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to behold
Smile Moving To Australia

Hi Guys

Myself and my daughter are moving to Sydney in June this year, i am looking for any help that anyone can give on places to stay that are reasonable and anything else.

I am going to be starting Bankstown in July and my daughter will be looking for work, any hints/tips would be great as I've been looking at properties surrouding bankstown for something reasonable but have no idea what's close or what the areas are like

Thanks

Lorri
Old Apr 27th 2016, 11:41 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Australia

Sorry can't help you with Sydney but I will ask the intrusive questions others will need answers to, to able to better help you.
I'm assuming you have the visa sorted out? Which visa if I may ask? I'm, again, assuming that daughter is under 18 if you're not citizens for visa purposes? Helps us to help you with job ideas.
Good luck with the move, my apologies for direct questions, but the more info you give, the more we can help!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorri
Hi Guys

Myself and my daughter are moving to Sydney in June this year, i am looking for any help that anyone can give on places to stay that are reasonable and anything else.

I am going to be starting Bankstown in July and my daughter will be looking for work, any hints/tips would be great as I've been looking at properties surrouding bankstown for something reasonable but have no idea what's close or what the areas are like

Thanks

Lorri
You may have different preferences to me, but I would live as far away from Bankstown as a comfortable commute would allow.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Sorry can't help you with Sydney but I will ask the intrusive questions others will need answers to, to able to better help you.
I'm assuming you have the visa sorted out? Which visa if I may ask? I'm, again, assuming that daughter is under 18 if you're not citizens for visa purposes? Helps us to help you with job ideas.
Good luck with the move, my apologies for direct questions, but the more info you give, the more we can help!
I was also curious about that. Possibly daughter is on WHV?

OP, Bankstown is one of the least desirable destinations in Sydney, I agree that you would be well advised to look elsewhere. But Sydney is a big place with hundreds of suburbs so it hard to even know where to start in narrowing it down. What are you looking for? Do you have a budget in mind?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Lorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to beholdLorri is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by teza
Yeah visas are all sorted I'm on a study visa my daughter is 20 and on why for a year. Budget is about 400 aud approx
Old Apr 27th 2016, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I was also curious about that. Possibly daughter is on WHV?

OP, Bankstown is one of the least desirable destinations in Sydney, I agree that you would be well advised to look elsewhere. But Sydney is a big place with hundreds of suburbs so it hard to even know where to start in narrowing it down. What are you looking for? Do you have a budget in mind?
Yeah my daughter is on a whv I'm on a study visa I did have somewhere to stay looking for somewhere with an easy commute as I won't have a car. Budget about 400 aud for one or 2 bedroom place
Old Apr 27th 2016, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah my daughter is on a whv I'm on a study visa I did have somewhere to stay looking for somewhere with an easy commute as I won't have a car. Budget about 400 aud for one or 2 bedroom place
Oh gosh. Why are you doing this? Do you really need to move to Sydney to take this course?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Oh gosh. Why are you doing this? Do you really need to move to Sydney to take this course?
I was coming over to study a new life a bit of a break and personal reasons but my place to stay has fallen through now.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I was coming over to study a new life a bit of a break and personal reasons but my place to stay has fallen through now.
Shot full of holes?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Shot full of holes?
Let's just say I've been let down and didn't expect it
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just say I've been let down and didn't expect it
If it forces you to look in a different suburb then it's a blessing in disguise!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
If it forces you to look in a different suburb then it's a blessing in disguise!
I wasn't going to be staying in bankstown. As I don't know the area I don't know where to look that's an easy commute to and from the college there. I didn't plan on having to find anywhere now I've only got a few weeks to find somewhere
Old Apr 27th 2016, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lorri;11933927]I wasn't going to be staying in bankstown. As I don't know the area I don't know where to look that's an easy commute to and from the college there. I didn't plan on having to find anywhere now I've only got a few weeks to find somewhere[/QUOT
Take temp accom till u look at area. Airbnb for eg. Backpackers.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Good reason and why not. I could do it for you, but you won't pay me enough, so look up the Sydney Trains map and see where you can access by train, then go to domain.com.au or realestate.com.au and find places via the map that have convenient access by train.

Then come back and ask here what we think of that area.

My advice would be to look at the eastern direction of that train line rather than west.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beoz
Good reason and why not. I could do it for you, but you won't pay me enough, so look up the Sydney Trains map and see where you can access by train, then go to domain.com.au or realestate.com.au and find places via the map that have convenient access by train.

Then come back and ask here what we think of that area.

My advice would be to look at the eastern direction of that train line rather than west.

I was looking at yagoona and up that way. Any recommendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.