mortgage rates

Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:32 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default mortgage rates

can anyone tell me, what are the best rates for mortgages in Oz, We are currently on 5.4% so i think we may have a shock!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:19 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mortgage rates

Have a look at some of the big bank sites. I haven't got a mortgage so it's not on the tip of my tongue but I believe it's about 9%

www.anz.com
www.commbank.com.au
www.nab.com.au
www.boq.com.au
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Also try www.ratecity.com.au
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:56 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betsyboob
can anyone tell me, what are the best rates for mortgages in Oz, We are currently on 5.4% so i think we may have a shock!
The current variable rate from all of the banks is between 9.27% and 9.36%.
If you are borrowing more than 250k, most of them do a discount of approx .7% off advertised rate for the life of the loan.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Around 8.7%

Originally Posted by @boy
The current variable rate from all of the banks is between 9.27% and 9.36%.
If you are borrowing more than 250k, most of them do a discount of approx .7% off advertised rate for the life of the loan.
That is incorrect. Min loan size is $50,000
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:02 am
Banned

LDU1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

RAMS is curently 9.4% if you are on a low-doc loan
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

News last night was saying NAB had raised rates to 9.3%.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You could probably get a discounted rate under 9% if you shopped around. I find it is best to use a mortgage broker to do this.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You could probably get a discounted rate under 9% if you shopped around. I find it is best to use a mortgage broker to do this.
If you are happy with a 'no frills' mortgage product then there are still rates around in the low 8%'s.

http://yahoo.infochoice.com.au/banki...t=VariableRate

But, you have to be keep in mind if these are flexible enough to meet your likely needs / the fees invloved if your circumstances change etc.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you are happy with a 'no frills' mortgage product then there are still rates around in the low 8%'s.

http://yahoo.infochoice.com.au/banki...t=VariableRate

But, you have to be keep in mind if these are flexible enough to meet your likely needs / the fees invloved if your circumstances change etc.
Or you could get a rate of around 8.7% including free bank account, credit card, online access, offset facility, etc and no expensive early repayment fee with one of the major banks

Remember to check the comparison rate
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

It amazes me how many people pay the standard variable rate instead of seeking alternatives
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longreach
It amazes me how many people pay the standard variable rate instead of seeking alternatives
Exactly. Anyone who pays the bank's standard rate on a new loan is an idiot. I got a quote of 8.6% from Suncorp last week - and I reckon I could have got it a bit lower too.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:33 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly. Anyone who pays the bank's standard rate on a new loan is an idiot. I got a quote of 8.6% from Suncorp last week - and I reckon I could have got it a bit lower too.
yup - our rate is 8.62 with Suncorp (the .7% discount off their adv var rate)

Ironically, I am a perm employee with ANZ bank and their internal mortgage advisor cannot offer a rate to match, so my home loan will continue to remain with Suncorp for now ;-)