Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Monthly money transfer from Aus to UK

Monthly money transfer from Aus to UK

Old Mar 18th 2017, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Monthly money transfer from Aus to UK

Are there any significant issues doing this?
I will need to transfer money to my UK account each month to cover the mortgage and a few standing orders. Are there any UK tax implications or exchange rate issues I need to be concerned about?

Steven
Old Mar 18th 2017, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monthly money transfer from Aus to UK

Originally Posted by steven9818
Are there any significant issues doing this?
I will need to transfer money to my UK account each month to cover the mortgage and a few standing orders. Are there any UK tax implications or exchange rate issues I need to be concerned about?

Steven
No tax implications just for the transfer, its your own money after all. As far as declaring the mortgage and any rent on your tax return goes, I'll leave that for people more in the know!
Exchange rate issues, well those of us that have to move money regularly just have to suck those up and make the best of it
Old Mar 18th 2017, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the reply. My only worry was that the UK taxman might decide he needs to tax it again and class it as overseas earnings!
Old Mar 18th 2017, 11:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steven9818
Thank you for the reply. My only worry was that the UK taxman might decide he needs to tax it again and class it as overseas earnings!
The only reason it would be looked at in that vein is if you declare it as earnings on your tax return. If you are just moving a small amount each month then the UK tax office have no interest in it (no pun intended!) I've been moving money regularly for nearfly 15 years, no tax implications at all, the tax was paid at source when I earned the money in Aus.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you