mobile phones

Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

.Hannah.David.Charlie. will become famous soon enough
Default mobile phones

Do british mobile work in oz. I have an apple iphone and really dont want to get rid of it. What is the best network to go on? (best value for money like o2)
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Re: mobile phones

Hi Hannah

From what i have read,iphones are locked to 02 only or you can crack em,which a few dont like to do!

Maybe you can buy a aussy iphone on a contract?
Unless they dont have em over there
jase
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future

I rang O2 about this yesterday as I'm in the same situation. Not much help really they just said ring back nearer the time. They do have them in Oz so I will just cancel my O2 contract and go PAYG when I get there, Sorry not much help but wanted to jump on the thread aswell.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I have an iPhone too, and will probably cancel my contract and sell my phone before we move (3g iPhones sell for a fortune on eBay)

Virgin looked like the best provider in Australia for iPhones when I last looked. Have a google and their tarrifs should come up. If I remember correctly it was $100 a month on contract, and the phone was free.

ETA - you can google for "jailbreak iphone" that'll give you instructions on how to unlock it from O2, but will invalidate any warranty. Alternatively, if you're buying out your contract, o2 shoudl unlock it for a small fee.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cookiestar
I have an iPhone too, and will probably cancel my contract and sell my phone before we move (3g iPhones sell for a fortune on eBay)

Virgin looked like the best provider in Australia for iPhones when I last looked. Have a google and their tarrifs should come up. If I remember correctly it was $100 a month on contract, and the phone was free.

ETA - you can google for "jailbreak iphone" that'll give you instructions on how to unlock it from O2, but will invalidate any warranty. Alternatively, if you're buying out your contract, o2 shoudl unlock it for a small fee.
my phone is already unlocked and cracked i can use it with any network. Will it still work in oz?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by .Hannah.David.Charlie.
my phone is already unlocked and cracked i can use it with any network. Will it still work in oz?
Should do. Virgin Australia do a SIM only package.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:59 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

ALL the telco's do a sim only, bring your own phone, plan.

Providing your phone is unlocked from the current UK network you are with, it will be fine.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Centurion
ALL the telco's do a sim only, bring your own phone, plan.

Providing your phone is unlocked from the current UK network you are with, it will be fine.
lovely, thanks for the help!