Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:25 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Sad man, am I?
I'll have you know I've got a very good sense of humour! Well known for it!

Come on you are from scotland you need a good sense of humour.LOL only joking.i do love scotland been to fortwilliam a couple of times and skye and inverness love it all. P.S and yes even the weather.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:36 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Without the whinging and all the Trolls, this site would be so boring. It would be just a bunch of people sating how great everything is. How dull would that be?

This whole thread will go on forever in a big circle and someone will start it in another form in a couple of weeks. It's all part of the fun.

Incidentially, I really miss primark underpants.

Paul.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:39 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
Hi Sandra,

My post wasn't a, "rant" or a, "general attack".
It was an observation.
The title of your thread is Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site! - which is general and it then went on to say about missing M&S and moaning about supermarkets. I do both extremely well and I felt attacked for my beliefs.

But I am not a sad whinger....and I am happy to debate the issues and have the occasional moan it makes me feel better, which I enjoy very much with people on this site, and Judging by my pms and karma messages there are others who agree too. I agree very much with you about things getting you down and the right to be able to state them.....hence your thread whinging about it

I took your message as harsh and was only pointing that out - thanks for the response I appreciate we may have different viewpoints.

I understand your point of view, but I still think you get "disgusted" of aus in a personal debate about it. My son after over three years here now goes to the supermarket with no shoes on - disgusting little sod he drags back all the other foot problems back with him I did not like it when I first came over and quite possibly stated it. Emigration for some has a long transition period and vocalising differences can be part of the process of coming to terms.

In fact I think I am going on to check some of my earlier quite possibly very moaning generalisations.....possibly quite quilty at the 6 months to 2 mark.

Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:48 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Most Dockers fans I know are supporting the Eagles. It's not like the UK where local sporting rivalries result in stabbings and getting your head kicked in, meaning you support "any team playing your rivals"
Yup....
Totally agree.

It's a refreshing change people not having that mentality in Oz.
I'd decided I was going to support The Eagles in the GF, & then I got
a phone call the other day from my cousin in Melbourne.
She's an absolutely fanatical die hard Sydney Swans fan, & she spent about an hour on the phone telling my why I must support The Swans because of, "family loyalties" etc.

I can't bloody win!!

Rock and a hard place, I'm afraid........
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:06 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
The title of your thread is Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site! - which is general and it then went on to say about missing M&S and moaning about supermarkets. I do both extremely well and I felt attacked for my beliefs.

But I am not a sad whinger....and I am happy to debate the issues and have the occasional moan it makes me feel better, which I enjoy very much with people on this site, and Judging by my pms and karma messages there are others who agree too. I agree very much with you about things getting you down and the right to be able to state them.....hence your thread whinging about it

I took your message as harsh and was only pointing that out - thanks for the response I appreciate we may have different viewpoints.

I understand your point of view, but I still think you get "disgusted" of aus in a personal debate about it. My son after over three years here now goes to the supermarket with no shoes on - disgusting little sod he drags back all the other foot problems back with him I did not like it when I first came over and quite possibly stated it. Emigration for some has a long transition period and vocalising differences can be part of the process of coming to terms.

In fact I think I am going on to check some of my earlier quite possibly very moaning generalisations.....possibly quite quilty at the 6 months to 2 mark.

Cheers
Thanks for that Sandra.

I could have called the thread, "My opinion" or something like that, but I wanted something that would draw attention.
It certainly has done that, with over 120 replies so far!

With hindsight, maybe I could have called it something a bit less, "In yer face"!!

BTW, I don't particularly remember you as being someone who whinges a lot, so please don't take any of what I said personally.
The M&S thing was just a generalisation cos I've heard it said so many times.

Cheers... John....
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:47 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
Thanks for that Sandra.

I could have called the thread, "My opinion" or something like that, but I wanted something that would draw attention.
It certainly has done that, with over 120 replies so far!

With hindsight, maybe I could have called it something a bit less, "In yer face"!!

BTW, I don't particularly remember you as being someone who whinges a lot, so please don't take any of what I said personally.
The M&S thing was just a generalisation cos I've heard it said so many times.

Cheers... John....

Oh sweetie who's been annoyin ye.....tell me and al go an ge them a severe kickin!!!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:03 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australian_2005
I got an pm about it from fiona&malc ask them if you don't believe me. they said i was bradley or astroboy as I had the same birthday and sounded like him/her.
Why the duck sorry don;t know what you're on about? but then again you'll probably think I'm being funny by asking, but it is an honest question.
Actually, I thought your name was very similar to someone who got banned just the day before you joined and I mentioned it to Fiona & Malc, who checked and said she felt the same, so blame me and not them. If you are new to the forum then (then coincedences aside) welcome.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:05 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy

Incidentially, I really miss primark underpants.

Paul.
lol!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:10 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HUP
No offence to the OP but have to say another pointless thread with no possible positive outcome available. Rules are simple

1) If you don't like it don't read it
2) If you don't agree then say why
3) Don't abuse someone because they have a different opinion to you.
The words "Nail" and "Head" come to mind . . . . wish people would follow them and let those that need to chat about good & bad of all countries just be able to do it

It's all about respect and it has declined badly on these Forums recently
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:27 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be.

Yes you did..........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did.

Variety is the spice of life.
Who is wrong and who is right ?
Was it Bill or was it Ben ?
Or maybe the weed even.

But as I (and others) have said on many previous occassions

IT'S ALL IN THE DELIVERY

So whether positive, negative or neutral.......let's think about how we deliver our messages.

Take a little step back and consider "it happened to me, but may not happen to others"

Quell some of the pent up passion..........save that for the bedroom

And if you can't ?..........I'll kick yer bleedin ead in
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
It's probably because he's a duck.

Another one to add to your list would be:
The school system is different, but the kids that come out of the end are just as intelligent/dumb as the ones that come out of the UK system.

A
Is that such a rude thing to say
Seems fairly innocuous to me. Is everyone feeling a bit prickly for some reason at the moment
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Australian_2005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Actually, I thought your name was very similar to someone who got banned just the day before you joined and I mentioned it to Fiona & Malc, who checked and said she felt the same, so blame me and not them. If you are new to the forum then (then coincedences aside) welcome.
Ah so it's your fault. Well nice to be given the benefit of doubt. Not going to bother much on here I don't think simply due to very unfriendly pack hunt that ensued after I didn't insult harm or hurt anyone simply because someone suspected I was someone I'm not. Think you take this far too serious and I don't like being called a liar and having my lifestyle and intelligence questioned simply because someone who was astroboy-bradley-and/or australian2008 had the same birthday as me. Really not on people
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Australian_2005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Call me synical, but its just odd that you just happen to join BE today (23rd sept) and the other aliases were banned the prev day. I'll say no more on the matter but it does seem to be a HUGE coincidence, same style of writing etc.
if you are going to stick with this user name then hopefully you'll be nice this time and not nasty.
I have not been nasty to anyone. Please feel free to inspect my posts as you must have my profile.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:42 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be..........yes it is..........no it isn't..........it might be.

Yes you did..........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did..........yes you did.........no I didn't..........who did.

Variety is the spice of life.
Who is wrong and who is right ?
Was it Bill or was it Ben ?
Or maybe the weed even.

But as I (and others) have said on many previous occassions

IT'S ALL IN THE DELIVERY

So whether positive, negative or neutral.......let's think about how we deliver our messages.

Take a little step back and consider "it happened to me, but may not happen to others"

Quell some of the pent up passion..........save that for the bedroom

And if you can't ?..........I'll kick yer bleedin ead in
Bix for mod
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

fugly is an unknown quantity at this point

it's in the delivery and interpretation.

There are some who judge without really knowin.

We should live and let live.

No one really knows anyone here. Were all people with feelings and no one is "perfik"

so lets stop throwin stones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.