Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:00 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Originally Posted by NKSK
I agree.
My post about Perth's weather was good fun. I was enjoying the chat with a few others about the climate, our expectations.

Note the fact that we were actually commenting on how unusual Perth's weather is this year. If it was like it 'should' be there would have been no comment! We were saying how English the weather seemed to be - that was the point!

Either way it was light hearted and then some guy comes along moaning about someone who he thought was moaning.

Thought police?

I think that most people know that your post was tongue in cheek (I certainly did, I even sent you karma for it!), but I still agree with Scossie!

The ones who (seriously) complain about the rain truly do my head in!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:10 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
Sad man, am I?
I'll have you know I've got a very good sense of humour! Well known for it!

Did I mention you by name? No.
It was obvious that you were at the kidding, but some people who replied on your thread, (maybe with a sense of humour loss) didn't get the joke &
turned the thread into a moanathon about the weather.

Nothing I said in my OP was aimed at you personally.
If you took it as a personal attack, then I'm sorry.
It wasn't meant to be.

I was just using some of the content of your thread as an example to illustrate my point.
When you went in for the general title approach you called all of us on here who have ever had a bad experince and discussed it on BE - Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people !

I was personally upset and took your rant personally it didn't make for a great start to my day.

I have severe homesickness and I wrote about missing M&S and other 'comfort' things for me. But according to you I have to get over it or bugger off back.

I don't usually personally take offence at generalist banter on here but your words were aimed to hurt.

On another note - can I ask the question would it be equally fair for me to come on here and post the following?
I am sick and tired of the whingers and moaners that bitch about the UK - the useless generalist comments about it going to the dogs and being full of immigrants gets my back up - what a sad lot of people they must be if they have to run away from a country because of a few problems!!!

Do you see my point?

If you are now going to say your post was not directed at me then don't - modify your orginal post to name the people you are mad with or discuss it with the moderators your opinion is no more or less valid than any other - but attacking on all the points you made is hurtful.

Regards
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:13 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Sad man, am I?
I'll have you know I've got a very good sense of humour! Well known for it!

Did I mention you by name? No.
It was obvious that you were at the kidding, but some people who replied on your thread, (maybe with a sense of humour loss) didn't get the joke &
turned the thread into a moanathon about the weather.

Nothing I said in my OP was aimed at you personally.
If you took it as a personal attack, then I'm sorry.
It wasn't meant to be.

I was just using some of the content of your thread as an example to illustrate my point.

Yeah......OK.

I'll bring my ball back now!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:20 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australian_2005
Hi Rachel

Well I share the same birthday as someone and have a similar username and my arse is being well kicked, I haven't offended or abused anyone but I've been tried and convicted of having multiple user-names and going round upsetting people, when I'm the one who it is implied have no life/girlfriend and I'm a liar. I'm the one who's been offended by as you term the "in crowd". Not a nice experience I can tell you.
Have acknowledged your post so you're not being ignored. I think my time on here will be ended by all the complaints that'll be going in about me doing nothing wrong!

Call me synical, but its just odd that you just happen to join BE today (23rd sept) and the other aliases were banned the prev day. I'll say no more on the matter but it does seem to be a HUGE coincidence, same style of writing etc.
if you are going to stick with this user name then hopefully you'll be nice this time and not nasty.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:21 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
All the people who whinge on this site actually think OZ is perfect and love living down here, they just make up false negative stories about OZ to put people off immigrating down here because they are worried their paradise would be ruined if it is flooded with millions of Pom immigrants.

Its not true!!! Its just that Brisbane is full. No more room, sorry.

And you wouldn't want to move here anyway, it rains too much
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:23 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mags..

What are you and Mark doing for the AFL Grand Final on Saturday?
We've got 20 table spaces booked in The Greenwood pub, (Not far from you!)
& have a couple left.
Fancy coming along???

FINE then you meanie.... cause Brian and I don't want to watch the game in YOUR company. No, no, that's alright... we'll find somewhere else to go to watch WC thrash the Swans.....

(Are my hints OBVIOUS enough? )

Siren -if maggy gets to be mish moneypenny I wanna be pusshygalore
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:34 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
I have severe homesickness and I wrote about missing M&S and other 'comfort' things for me. But according to you I have to get over it or bugger off back.
But you DO. Surely you can see the practicality in that?
You have 2 choices, either "get over it" so to speak or don't and go back to those comfort things.
I know it wasn't meant in the harsh way that you obvioulsy took it.
Can you honestly see yourself in 15 years still moaning about how much you miss M&S? If you miss it that much, and can't possibly see yourself moving on, then there IS only one solution...go home and be happy rather than stay and be miserable.

Siren
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:36 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

No offence to the OP but have to say another pointless thread with no possible positive outcome available. Rules are simple

1) If you don't like it don't read it
2) If you don't agree then say why
3) Don't abuse someone because they have a different opinion to you.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:48 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!
but can you get mushy peas in Australia?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
You have 2 choices, either "get over it" so to speak or don't and go back to those comfort things.
Can you honestly see yourself in 15 years still moaning about how much you miss M&S? If you miss it that much, and can't possibly see yourself moving on, then there IS only one solution...go home and be happy rather than stay and be miserable.

Siren
Sometimes its not that easy to just "go home" - for example, I've been told to go home several times - I can't afford it, I now have no house or job in the UK, even less money than I came with, couldn't afford to ship anything back, and I'm married to an Aussie - if we moved to the UK he would be even more miserable there than I am (at times) here.
Thanks to my mum's generosity I'm about to go back for 3 blissful weeks - and M&S and Sainsburys are high on the visit list

For some of us its a case of making the most of a bad job; we can't go back for good, we are here for the duration..
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:58 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

FINE then you meanie.... cause Brian and I don't want to watch the game in YOUR company. No, no, that's alright... we'll find somewhere else to go to watch WC thrash the Swans.....

(Are my hints OBVIOUS enough? )

Siren -if maggy gets to be mish moneypenny I wanna be pusshygalore
Bugger!!
Left myself wide open there, didn't I??

What are you guys doing on Saturday?
I think I posted about a month ago about booking tickets at The Greenwood & if anyone was interested.

I've taken the hint! So I may see you there then????

I'm still not sure which team I should be supporting!
(Or should that be, "shupporting"?)
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:01 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Siren
Of course I see the practicality - but I disliked being labelled because I might mention it. I get my knickers posted so I don't have to get over it.

This site has been a great source of information and entertainment to me for over four years. I have met great friends through here and hope I off some help in return.

In all honesty I do not have to accept Australia in all its glory and warts - I can make changes as and when I like about things I can change and have a quick moan about what I don't. This is a land founded on migration from all over and each person entering has choices and if I like buying some of stuff from expat shops or getting it posted over because it is not available I am creating a change and giving employment opportunity to the person who wants to run that business. Thanks to many many immigrants who want what they had at 'home" I have great asian stores and italian and south african shops around me. I dislike the large chain supermarkets here the choice for me is not available - so I vote with my feet and shop when possible in the ones I do like. I am not a whinger for saying it.

Vive la difference ........my right to have a moan and enjoy the whole life experience good and bloody crappy at times.

My point is name the people the OP has issues with, not a general attack.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sometimes its not that easy to just "go home" - for example, I've been told to go home several times - I can't afford it, I now have no house or job in the UK, even less money than I came with, couldn't afford to ship anything back, and I'm married to an Aussie - if we moved to the UK he would be even more miserable there than I am (at times) here.
Thanks to my mum's generosity I'm about to go back for 3 blissful weeks - and M&S and Sainsburys are high on the visit list

For some of us its a case of making the most of a bad job; we can't go back for good, we are here for the duration..

You have to admit though, Polly, that you an I are in a different boat entirely due to the spouse thing. It still comes down to a choice that you have to make for yourself. We all make sacrifices for one reason or another but that is because the pros outweigh the cons.
The idea is not that you haven't sacrificed things,or to belittle that, but to MOVE FORWARD from there and try your best to adjust. Not only will you be miserable if you dwell on them, but he will too.

I know I miss people/things from home, as do we all, but I focus on the positive things in my life rather than dwelling on the negative and it helps.

As for going home... I don't believe in using the word CAN'T. Won't is more like it. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Not having a house or a job doesn't stop people from coming here (some with virtually nothing in thier pockets.) There is nothing stopping people from doing it in reverse! Just a question of how badly they want it.

Anyhooo...I digress...

Siren
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:30 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not sure which team I should be supporting!
(Or should that be, "shupporting"?)
Most Dockers fans I know are supporting the Eagles. It's not like the UK where local sporting rivalries result in stabbings and getting your head kicked in, meaning you support "any team playing your rivals"
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:11 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Of course I see the practicality - but I disliked being labelled because I might mention it. I get my knickers posted so I don't have to get over it.

This site has been a great source of information and entertainment to me for over four years. I have met great friends through here and hope I off some help in return.

In all honesty I do not have to accept Australia in all its glory and warts - I can make changes as and when I like about things I can change and have a quick moan about what I don't. This is a land founded on migration from all over and each person entering has choices and if I like buying some of stuff from expat shops or getting it posted over because it is not available I am creating a change and giving employment opportunity to the person who wants to run that business. Thanks to many many immigrants who want what they had at 'home" I have great asian stores and italian and south african shops around me. I dislike the large chain supermarkets here the choice for me is not available - so I vote with my feet and shop when possible in the ones I do like. I am not a whinger for saying it.

Vive la difference ........my right to have a moan and enjoy the whole life experience good and bloody crappy at times.

My point is name the people the OP has issues with, not a general attack.

Hi Sandra,

My post wasn't a, "rant" or a, "general attack".
It was an observation.

I don't have, "issues" with anybody on BE, and I certainly wasn't
in the least bit, "mad" when I wrote it.
I was having a beer and half watching The Footy Show.

I just thought it was about time somebody said what I said.
If you look through the replies, you'll see that a lot of people agree.
(And some don't).

I miss some things / shops / etc. that I had in Scotland, but you can't get in Australia.
My wife would run into a blazing building if somebody told her there was a can of Irn Bru in there!!
It has just never crossed my mind to expect these things.

A classic case of what I'm on about was the, "Supermarket" thread on here a few months ago. Some people were posting that they were, "Disgusted" by the fact that Coles didn't have their favourite gravy, or soup, or biscuits etc.
Other, "Disgusted" people on that thread were, "disgusted" that some people went shopping in summer in their bare feet!!!
(OMG! What is the world coming to???)

I put a post on that thread, asking if an Aussie emigrated to Tibet, would he expect all the Tibetan supermarkets to stock Tim Tams?
Would he be, "disgusted" at the lack of Tim Tams on the Tibetan shelves?
I don't think so!

Do you see my point?

For us, the UK is on the other side of the planet.
This is Australia, so that means things are done the Australian way.
People who can't get over that, and want this country to be a, "Little Britain in the sun" become objects of ridicule to the born and bred Aussies.
Hence the, "Whinging Pom" tag.

These people are, as I said in my OP, a social embarrassment to the rest of us who have made the effort to integrate into the Australian lifestyle and culture!

Now that would be a good name for an internet forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.