Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:00 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Originally Posted by cranni
Some one once said to me, they could not live here if there was No NEXT, how sad is that. I love and i respect this country and if i did not i would go back home. Denise
I moved here to get away from Next.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Oh, for pity's sake!
NOTHING is perfect 100% of the time. If you were at home, wherever 'home'
is, you'd have your family and friends to complain to; as a migrant you don't have that support network and for many, BE has become the family and friends they left behind. But you don't have to take it personally! Just be a friend, even if it does sometimes mean holding your tongue....or your typing finger. The complainer may well feel better tomorrow!
Hi there, yes there is moaning and there is moaning, you may be sad because you miss people , and just feel we have to talk about it, and it makes you feel better.
But then theres those who winge about the food , the weather ,the shops, that is annoying, we should be happy with what we have, we r so lucky. Denise
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
All the people who whinge on this site actually think OZ is perfect and love living down here, they just make up false negative stories about OZ to put people off immigrating down here because they are worried their paradise would be ruined if it is flooded with millions of Pom immigrants.
Hey Wombat, welcome back. Good to see you've "updated" your sig!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Australian_2005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
just admit it bradley, you are on school holidays and have nothing better to do with your time other than make up names, bradley7 australian 2008 australian 2005, astroboy or whatever

youve burnt your bridges with us all here with all your other nasty comments which is why no-one is being particularly friendly with you!

On school holidays? Hardly. I've tried to honestly answer you pm's you don't believe me what can I do? Yes my one and only user id is Australian 2005 none of the others are me. I share my birthday with russell crowe and hundreds of thousands of other people if that is enought to hang me then so be it
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:03 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone likes a moan now and then. There's only one thing I like better than moaning and that's winding people up.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:04 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Australian_2005
On school holidays? Hardly. I've tried to honestly answer you pm's you don't believe me what can I do? Yes my one and only user id is Australian 2005 none of the others are me. I share my birthday with russell crowe and hundreds of thousands of other people if that is enought to hang me then so be it
You IP address is probably a proxy server shared by someone else, who was banned.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:06 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by renth
Hey Wombat, welcome back. Good to see you've "updated" your sig!
l would prefer it if no one mentions the Ashes, l am still trying to recover from it.

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:08 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Australian_2005
Who mentioned birthdays - me old duck.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Who mentioned birthdays - me old duck.
I got an pm about it from fiona&malc ask them if you don't believe me. they said i was bradley or astroboy as I had the same birthday and sounded like him/her.
Why the duck sorry don;t know what you're on about? but then again you'll probably think I'm being funny by asking, but it is an honest question.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:15 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

When I lived in the UK I sometimes could be caught out complaining about the shops - especially when I got to their doors on a Thursday and they were bleemin' closed all day. Is that a legitimate moan? Or am I just slamming the country? When is a moan a legitimate moan, or when is a moan just a comment, a throw away remark?

Can someone clarify please?

BTW Scossie - you're unnatural. When you broke your back and didn't moan once - I want some of what you're taking! I broke my coccyx a few years back and I made the most of it, I can tell you.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Ok, I am going to stick my neck out here.

I don't think I have posted a negative post on oz yet - because I love it here and haven't got much to complain about. This is a forum about 'lifestyle and culture' in Australia. People use the forum to gain information, support chat about Australia. I find both the 'negative' and 'positive' threads interesting. The Perth weather one in particular - I learned a lot about the weather in Perth and people's priorities when migrating.

What I do find a bit irritating is that the response a post gets depends on who posts it. There is a bit of an 'in crowd' on here - which is fair enough cos you have all built up friendship on the forum. But, if someone posts something which one of you don't like - everyone else bails in to kick their a*se. Depending on who you are you can get away with posting totally off topic posts (many good ones) without being pulled up for it. The in crowd also regularly high jack threads and turn them into off topic friendly banter. Some posters can be gauranteed a positive response regardless of what they post, whilst others will be ingnored or jumped on whatever they say.

Anyhow, this post will probably get ignored! Think my time on here is drawing to an end

Rachel
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:22 am
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by RReed

I don't think I have posted a negative post on oz yet - because I love it here and haven't got much to complain about. This is a forum about 'lifestyle and culture' in Australia. People use the forum to gain information, support chat about Australia. I find both the 'negative' and 'positive' threads interesting. The Perth weather one in particular - I learned a lot about the weather in Perth and people's priorities when migrating.

What I do find a bit irritating is that the response a post gets depends on who posts it. There is a bit of an 'in crowd' on here - which is fair enough cos you have all built up friendship on the forum. But, if someone posts something which one of you don't like - everyone else bails in to kick their a*se. Depending on who you are you can get away with posting totally off topic posts (many good ones) without being pulled up for it. The in crowd also regularly high jack threads and turn them into off topic friendly banter. Some posters can be gauranteed a positive response regardless of what they post, whilst others will be ingnored or jumped on whatever they say.

Anyhow, this post will probably get ignored! Think my time on here is drawing to an end

Rachel
Tried to send you some Karma for this post, but I've got to spread it around first apparently. Life's so complicated.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Rachel
Hi Rachel

Well I share the same birthday as someone and have a similar username and my arse is being well kicked, I haven't offended or abused anyone but I've been tried and convicted of having multiple user-names and going round upsetting people, when I'm the one who it is implied have no life/girlfriend and I'm a liar. I'm the one who's been offended by as you term the "in crowd". Not a nice experience I can tell you.
Have acknowledged your post so you're not being ignored. I think my time on here will be ended by all the complaints that'll be going in about me doing nothing wrong!

Last edited by Australian_2005; Sep 23rd 2005 at 1:34 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:41 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Rachel
I agree.
My post about Perth's weather was good fun. I was enjoying the chat with a few others about the climate, our expectations.

Note the fact that we were actually commenting on how unusual Perth's weather is this year. If it was like it 'should' be there would have been no comment! We were saying how English the weather seemed to be - that was the point!

Either way it was light hearted and then some guy comes along moaning about someone who he thought was moaning.

Thought police?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:50 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK
You're a sad man.

Do you really think I contacted DIMIA? Do you really think that they offered with my relocation expenses?

Sense of humour loss.
Sad man, am I?
I'll have you know I've got a very good sense of humour! Well known for it!

Did I mention you by name? No.
It was obvious that you were at the kidding, but some people who replied on your thread, (maybe with a sense of humour loss) didn't get the joke &
turned the thread into a moanathon about the weather.

Nothing I said in my OP was aimed at you personally.
If you took it as a personal attack, then I'm sorry.
It wasn't meant to be.

I was just using some of the content of your thread as an example to illustrate my point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.