Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I found a site the other day for Americans living in the UK, and it was quite revealing - they moan about the same things - weather, shops, clothes - there was even a whole thread on cheese!!!

I wish I was PR, get it in February, all being well, and that will make life easier on the job front. The job I have was brilliant till this week, when they reorganised the department and gave me a sh*te job instead - but that could have happened equally in the UK.
I'm also feeling VERY lonely - all those lovely Brissie Drinking Girls - where are you??? Am I the only Brissie person of a female persuasion that likes a drink???

I agree that most Aussies are nice people - I've met some lovely ones recently, as I've also met some lovely Poms. However, I'm also now working for a Pom who thinks he's still in the army, and 14 hour days are too short, and working with an Aussie who thinks my sole role in life is to sort out the office dishwasher.

I'm not dissatisfied with my life here, as I've said before, I love Australia (though I'm not sure it agrees with me healthwise). The problems I have here are problems I could have anywhere in the world - and maybe others are feeling like this? The forum has become a place for us to sound off about life in general, not necessarily about life in Oz?
I love a drink Polly and will be in the Sunshine Coast in December
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:23 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridiej
There's only a handful of posts that I tend to read now as I get a bit fed up of hearing about how crap such and such a suburb/town/city/state is.

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story but I really want to make my own mind up and not be clouded by other people's opinions.
Wot, so now you can't have opinions on this site. How will anyone learn anything?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Scossie,

Please visit:

www.rosetintedexpatswhohavefoundnirvana.com

I find it all rather repetitive myself. I'm into free speech and if someone wishes to express a gripe then why not ?

It's all about opinions and I'm old enough and wise enough to form my own when it comes down to individual threads and posters.

Please ... don't knock the knockers.

Keep Expats whinge friendly I say.

Three Legs
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!

Wahey! you tell em, maybe now we can get back to the BE of the good ol days when everyone was happy and we only had the occasional troll!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I found a site the other day for Americans living in the UK, and it was quite revealing - they moan about the same things - weather, shops, clothes - there was even a whole thread on cheese!!!

I wish I was PR, get it in February, all being well, and that will make life easier on the job front. The job I have was brilliant till this week, when they reorganised the department and gave me a sh*te job instead - but that could have happened equally in the UK.
I'm also feeling VERY lonely - all those lovely Brissie Drinking Girls - where are you??? Am I the only Brissie person of a female persuasion that likes a drink???

I agree that most Aussies are nice people - I've met some lovely ones recently, as I've also met some lovely Poms. However, I'm also now working for a Pom who thinks he's still in the army, and 14 hour days are too short, and working with an Aussie who thinks my sole role in life is to sort out the office dishwasher.

I'm not dissatisfied with my life here, as I've said before, I love Australia (though I'm not sure it agrees with me healthwise). The problems I have here are problems I could have anywhere in the world - and maybe others are feeling like this? The forum has become a place for us to sound off about life in general, not necessarily about life in Oz?
I would be delighted to take up drinking with you when i arrive in brisbane middle of march!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hear Hear ! very well said
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
Wot, so now you can't have opinions on this site. How will anyone learn anything?
That's not what she said mate.

She was expressing a personal preference for choosing what she reads.
She didn't say people couldn't have opinions or post them.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:47 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by webgum
If you read my post you will see I'm just saying that at the moment I dont want to read positives and negatives because I want to make my own mind up when I get there....!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!

You sound really pissed off Mr Bond lol.

We need to all get together again soon for a good old Perth Piss Up
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
I would be delighted to take up drinking with you when i arrive in brisbane middle of march!
Maybe we can build the Drinking Club Mark 2 - there were a couple of replies to the last suggestion of drinks, but apart from the diehards of me and the Crestas, everyone else seems to have gone over to tea and lamingtons (is theire a vomiting smilie?)

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggy
You sound really pissed off Mr Bond lol.

We need to all get together again soon for a good old Perth Piss Up
If it's late October can we come?!
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

There's only a handful of posts that I tend to read now as I get a bit fed up of hearing about how crap such and such a suburb/town/city/state is.

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story but I really want to make my own mind up and not be clouded by other people's opinions.
Which is why I think 'constructive criticism' is the way to go if someone is not happy about something. It's also a way of giving out genuinely useful information, rather than a purely personal and often deeply-biased opinion.

Btw, hello Bridie, you lucky visa-holding devil, you!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
All hail to Scossie the great one! Can't wait to get to Oz to meet you, I think we will get along just dandy Well said, old man. Ooops not so old then seeing as you have been a great help to me

Scossie and I will arrange a great night out for you doll when you arrive.

You should here his bond impression its fab lol
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
You should here his bond impression its fab lol
It's like Sean Connery..........but with his dentures removed
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

If it's late October can we come?!

Of course you can im sure we can arrange a night in the pub or a barbie at one of the perthites houses.

If you can drink like a fish you will be fine lol cos we are all alkis over here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.