Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:23 pm   #16
BE Enthusiast
 
desperate2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: The sunny coast on the other side of the planet
Posts: 596
desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyana
I found a site the other day for Americans living in the UK, and it was quite revealing - they moan about the same things - weather, shops, clothes - there was even a whole thread on cheese!!!

I wish I was PR, get it in February, all being well, and that will make life easier on the job front. The job I have was brilliant till this week, when they reorganised the department and gave me a sh*te job instead - but that could have happened equally in the UK.
I'm also feeling VERY lonely - all those lovely Brissie Drinking Girls - where are you??? Am I the only Brissie person of a female persuasion that likes a drink???

I agree that most Aussies are nice people - I've met some lovely ones recently, as I've also met some lovely Poms. However, I'm also now working for a Pom who thinks he's still in the army, and 14 hour days are too short, and working with an Aussie who thinks my sole role in life is to sort out the office dishwasher.

I'm not dissatisfied with my life here, as I've said before, I love Australia (though I'm not sure it agrees with me healthwise). The problems I have here are problems I could have anywhere in the world - and maybe others are feeling like this? The forum has become a place for us to sound off about life in general, not necessarily about life in Oz?
I love a drink Polly and will be in the Sunshine Coast in December
__________________
It took forever, but we are finally here, and lifes pretty good.....although im missing having things to moan about!
desperate2go is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:23 pm   #17
webgum 
kneading my cushion
 
webgum's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Perth
Posts: 743
webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridiej
There's only a handful of posts that I tend to read now as I get a bit fed up of hearing about how crap such and such a suburb/town/city/state is.

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story but I really want to make my own mind up and not be clouded by other people's opinions.
Wot, so now you can't have opinions on this site. How will anyone learn anything?
__________________
Webgum

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it
webgum is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:29 pm   #18
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,375
Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Scossie,

Please visit:

www.rosetintedexpatswhohavefoundnirvana.com

I find it all rather repetitive myself. I'm into free speech and if someone wishes to express a gripe then why not ?

It's all about opinions and I'm old enough and wise enough to form my own when it comes down to individual threads and posters.

Please ... don't knock the knockers.

Keep Expats whinge friendly I say.

Three Legs
Three Legs is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:36 pm   #19
BE Forum Addict
 
manxfamily's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,927
manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!
____________________________________________

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!


Wahey! you tell em, maybe now we can get back to the BE of the good ol days when everyone was happy and we only had the occasional troll!
manxfamily is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:40 pm   #20
lawlaw Female
BE Enthusiast
 
lawlaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Cremorne, Sydney
Posts: 706
lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyana
I found a site the other day for Americans living in the UK, and it was quite revealing - they moan about the same things - weather, shops, clothes - there was even a whole thread on cheese!!!

I wish I was PR, get it in February, all being well, and that will make life easier on the job front. The job I have was brilliant till this week, when they reorganised the department and gave me a sh*te job instead - but that could have happened equally in the UK.
I'm also feeling VERY lonely - all those lovely Brissie Drinking Girls - where are you??? Am I the only Brissie person of a female persuasion that likes a drink???

I agree that most Aussies are nice people - I've met some lovely ones recently, as I've also met some lovely Poms. However, I'm also now working for a Pom who thinks he's still in the army, and 14 hour days are too short, and working with an Aussie who thinks my sole role in life is to sort out the office dishwasher.

I'm not dissatisfied with my life here, as I've said before, I love Australia (though I'm not sure it agrees with me healthwise). The problems I have here are problems I could have anywhere in the world - and maybe others are feeling like this? The forum has become a place for us to sound off about life in general, not necessarily about life in Oz?
I would be delighted to take up drinking with you when i arrive in brisbane middle of march!
__________________
Arrived Feb 06
lawlaw is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:43 pm   #21
BE Enthusiast
 
cantwait's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Buderim on the Sunshine Coast.
Posts: 812
cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Hear Hear ! very well said
__________________
Warrington Cheshire was OK, but Buderim QLD is fantastic.
cantwait is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:45 pm   #22
Bix Male
da Bonehead
 
Bix's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Lion in da jungle
Posts: 22,751
Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgum
Wot, so now you can't have opinions on this site. How will anyone learn anything?
That's not what she said mate.

She was expressing a personal preference for choosing what she reads.
She didn't say people couldn't have opinions or post them.
__________________
2 lions walking down mane street and one said to the other "Not many people about are there?"


Bix is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:47 pm   #23
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,360
bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgum
Wot, so now you can't have opinions on this site. How will anyone learn anything?
If you read my post you will see I'm just saying that at the moment I dont want to read positives and negatives because I want to make my own mind up when I get there....!
bridiej is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:50 pm   #24
maggy Female
BE Enthusiast
 
maggy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Kirkcaldy Fife to Kingsley Perth
Posts: 854
maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scossie
I reckon I'm normally perceived as a fairly, "nice bloke" on this site.
If you think otherwise, that's OK with me....

But.......

Enough is enough!
The, "Perth weather" thread seems to be the straw that's broken the Camel's back with me!

I'm totally fed up with the constant moaning, whinging and bleating of some of the people on this site who have made the move and are now living in Australia.

I reckon that the majority of Oz migrants on BE are quite happy in their adopted country.

Then we have the others who constantly come on this forum to bore the rest of us all to sleep about why they are not happy with Australia!

I have news for you sad people!

In Australia:

We are foreigners! (Just as much as immigrants from any country other than the UK are foreigners.)

It's not the UK, only a bit warmer!

There is no such thing as Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, etc.!

Supermarkets stock things that are popular in Australia. End of story!

It's not sunny every day of the year! We need lots of rain or we'd all die!

Aussie Rules Football borders on a being national religion. Association Football doesn't!

Born and bred Australians are generally very nice people. They just don't like hard of thinking individuals who constantly moan about everything Australian not being what they expected!
____________________________________________

Honestly, some of the petty crap I've read on this forum, posted by the, "moaning, whinging brigade" leaves me cold!

It's a privilege to be in the situation where you have enough points to emigrate to Australia in the first place. There are a lot of good people in the UK who would give their right arm to be able to get permanent residency in Australia, but can't!

To people who have been fortunate enough to get PR in Australia and then want to constantly moan about it, I'd say, "Bugger off back to the UK!"
You're a total social embarrassment to the rest of us!!

You sound really pissed off Mr Bond lol.

We need to all get together again soon for a good old Perth Piss Up
__________________
Lady Maggy of BE
www.englishtitles.co.uk
maggy is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:51 pm   #25
14 yrs as a Witchy Hermit
Premium Member
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 91,203
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlaw
I would be delighted to take up drinking with you when i arrive in brisbane middle of march!
Maybe we can build the Drinking Club Mark 2 - there were a couple of replies to the last suggestion of drinks, but apart from the diehards of me and the Crestas, everyone else seems to have gone over to tea and lamingtons (is theire a vomiting smilie?)
__________________
So when you think of me do so with pride, Honour and Bravery ruled by my side.
And in your memory I will remain; I will forever be within the flame.....
Don't shed a tear for me,I stand alone. This path of destiny is all my own.
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Pollyana is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:51 pm   #26
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,360
bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggy
You sound really pissed off Mr Bond lol.

We need to all get together again soon for a good old Perth Piss Up
If it's late October can we come?!
bridiej is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:51 pm   #27
Mental Elf.
 
tonyk38's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cairns, Qld.
Posts: 2,863
tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridiej
There's only a handful of posts that I tend to read now as I get a bit fed up of hearing about how crap such and such a suburb/town/city/state is.

I'm all for hearing both sides of the story but I really want to make my own mind up and not be clouded by other people's opinions.
Which is why I think 'constructive criticism' is the way to go if someone is not happy about something. It's also a way of giving out genuinely useful information, rather than a purely personal and often deeply-biased opinion.

Btw, hello Bridie, you lucky visa-holding devil, you!
tonyk38 is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:59 pm   #28
maggy Female
BE Enthusiast
 
maggy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Kirkcaldy Fife to Kingsley Perth
Posts: 854
maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
All hail to Scossie the great one! Can't wait to get to Oz to meet you, I think we will get along just dandy Well said, old man. Ooops not so old then seeing as you have been a great help to me

Scossie and I will arrange a great night out for you doll when you arrive.

You should here his bond impression its fab lol
__________________
Lady Maggy of BE
www.englishtitles.co.uk
maggy is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:02 pm   #29
Bix Male
da Bonehead
 
Bix's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Lion in da jungle
Posts: 22,751
Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggy
You should here his bond impression its fab lol
It's like Sean Connery..........but with his dentures removed
__________________
2 lions walking down mane street and one said to the other "Not many people about are there?"


Bix is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:03 pm   #30
maggy Female
BE Enthusiast
 
maggy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Kirkcaldy Fife to Kingsley Perth
Posts: 854
maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moaning, whinging, sad, boring people on this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridiej
If it's late October can we come?!

Of course you can im sure we can arrange a night in the pub or a barbie at one of the perthites houses.

If you can drink like a fish you will be fine lol cos we are all alkis over here
__________________
Lady Maggy of BE
www.englishtitles.co.uk
maggy is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 2:14 pm.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com